What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you nap? (1 Viewer)

If you nap, do you like it?

• Love napping

Votes: 94 55.0%
  • Napping is ok

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • Not a fan but feel I needed to

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • I don't nap

Votes: 24 14.0%

• Total voters

gianmarco

Footballguy
From another thread, it seems there are people that never nap. I'm a little amazed by that.

So, have your ever napped? How often do you nap? How long do you nap for?

Love it? Hate it?

I usually feel worse after a nap than before. Not a fan.  :thumbdown:
Same.

They're very rare for me. Unless I've been working hard and not sleeping, my naps are usually unintentional...falling asleep while watching a game on TV on the weekend. Never been my thing.

The wife naps almost every day. 

When I take one (which is rare) I do so knowing I don't need to be much more than be a walking zombie after waking up because that's the end result of a nap for me.  I love them when falling asleep and actually sleeping, but not a fan of the aftermath for the rest of the day.

I wish I could but I just can’t do it physically even when I feel dead tired. On the rare occasions I even try anymore it just doesn’t happen. I lay there for 15 minutes or so and then just feel like I’m wasting time. I’m not even sure I even napped as a child - I’d need to ask my mother about that.

If I nap I am up until 3am, so it is better to just power through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I go home at lunch and take about a 15 minute nap after eating. On the weekends I catch an hour or two nap. I sleep about 5 hours a night regardless of bedtime. I never set an alarm and haven't overslept since college. 

my sleep schedule is a mess because I never want to go to sleep at night so I nap quite often.  Almost every day but not quite.  Usually and hour or less.  I feel awesome about 1 hour after a nap.

I do not take naps, but I suppose there has been the rare time or two that I have accidentally dozed off in the chair.  My wife on the other hand is a napping champion.  In fact, I am not sure they could be called naps.  She just flat out goes to sleep.  A 3-4 hr "nap" is fairly routine for her, especially on the weekends.  

The 10-20 power nap in the recliner after lunch does wonders.   I used to go to my parents for lunch during the week and would take a power nap every day.  Now that my mom is in the nursing home I am not able to do that and it definitely affects me later in the afternoon at work. Enjoy the power nap on the weekends.

Love them.  Usually feel better after a nap than when I wake up in the morning.  

I am an instant heavy sleeper though - i will actually dream during a 30min nap which i think is odd.  

Never. It probably helps that I am pretty regimented on getting 8 hours at night. 
Same here. I've always been pretty good about sleeping 7-8 per night.  Even as I kid I slept well so I never napped. 

To clarify, I have taken a very rare, occasional nap if I'm hungover, sick, or after afternoon weekend sex or something. But 99.9% once I'm up I am up. 

As other have mentioned, its gotta be short.  I'm lucky in that I'll naturally wake up after 20 minutes and I feel pretty wonderful afterwards.  And I do get 8 hours at night but when I start to feel a little groggy in the mid-afternoon, I figure why not take a revitalizing nap.   

Have you ever napped (excluding childhood)? 

Yes, ever. In college and then as an infantry officer as we'd be up all night.  Then a few times with our first born. Not in the last 15 years.

I take a 15-30 minute nap when the kid does. Can't sleep beyond that.

My wife will sleep for the entire 2+ hours of the kid's nap and then some.

The 10-20 power nap in the recliner after lunch does wonders.   I used to go to my parents for lunch during the week and would take a power nap every day.  Now that my mom is in the nursing home I am not able to do that and it definitely affects me later in the afternoon at work. Enjoy the power nap on the weekends.
I'd suggest the nap in the car.   Those car lumbar support seats are actually quite comfortable for napping.  

I love a Saturday late morning/early afternoon couple-hour nap. A little wake-and-bake, some combination of TV/internet/X-box/breakfast over the next few hours and then a nice peaceful nap to start the day.

I never plan to nap, but will often doze off watching TV for 15-30 minutes.  This happens a couple times a week and I love it.

I am envious of those people that can nap or sleep at any time. I can be on a 12 hour flight and still can't sleep. 
I flew from Detroit to San Diego with my daughter last year..she fell asleep while we were climbing after takeoff..woke up while we were in our final descent and said 'Wow..were are here already?..that was fast"  Almost a 4 hour flight.

Others have nailed it... The occasional quick power nap is awesome. Anything over a 1/2 hour and it is better to not have done it at all.

I nap in spurts, where I’ll do it several days a week for a week or two, then I won’t nap for months. My body usually just tells me in the early afternoon it could use a snooze, and if I’m home and not too busy I’ll just do it. Just went through a stretch where I napped eight days in a row.

I like to lay down on this spiky acupressure mat, cover my eyes, and then I’ll fall asleep for 10-20 minutes. Always wake up feeling refreshed. 

Love my daily 'power nap' shortly after lunchtime.  15-20 minutes, I pop up and I'm good as new and immediately ready to go.  I can do this most anywhere (including a recent snooze during an MRI).

I have to get up every 2-3 hours during the night to hit the can. Up every morning around 6:00. Almost every afternoon I nap for about 45 minutes. Totally rejuvenated. When I lay down I slow my breathing and will be out within 1 minute and then pop awake 45 minutes later. Hit the rack for the night around 11.

Saturday and Sundays I'll put on golf/baseball/race in the afternoon and always tend to nap for 30 minutes or so.

Some weekdays we will put on Family feud from 6pm to 7pm and on those nights a 15 to 30 minute nap is almost guaranteed :)

Maybe once a month for me.  Usually after a hard days work or hard nights booze.  My favorite is to throw golf on tv, fall asleep around 4 and wake around 5:30.  I'm usually in a fog for the first 15 minutes or so after waking up but after that I feel DYNOMITE.

Love a good nap, pretty rare though.  On the occasions where I do feel like I need one the wife is usually a pain in the ### about it

No, if I fall asleep. I'm asleep.

I've always had some trouble falling asleep. Melatonin works for me, so Im sure Im deficient.  But once I'm asleep, I'm out. Can sleep through damn near anything if I want to.

Wish I could do the power nap though. That #### works legit for many people.

Saturday and Sundays I'll put on golf/baseball/race in the afternoon and always tend to nap for 30 minutes or so.

Some weekdays we will put on Family feud from 6pm to 7pm and on those nights a 15 to 30 minute nap is almost guaranteed :)
Did this today and combined with a boring PGA and a rainy day I dozed on an off, mainly off, for a couple of hours.  Love days like this.

Most every Sat & Sun. I sleep 6-7 hrs weekday. Stay up later with couple drinks after wife goes to sleep on wknd. Still get up early on wknd to work out or do yard work. I like to catch a shower, have a sandwich then hit bed for some reading & then nap. About 45 min then I'm good to go for another 3-4 hrs yard work (in Western NY so gotta cram in spring/summer).

Users who are viewing this thread