What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can Trump please get impeached? (1 Viewer)

if he ever does something that is an impeachable offense - sure

Democrats look horrible right now ... I hope the taxes come out in full, and again, nothing there and the Dem's look foolish ... again

voters are going to vote Trump in 2020 

considering the consequences of a Democratic impeachment and the concern it would cause....you're probably right.

Whatever he's doing...he will still be President Trump and his reelection will be all but guaranteed while the House goes back to Republican control.

wanna play the game?
roll the dice.

Last edited by a moderator:
 his reelection will be all but guaranteed.
Lol you really enjoy hyperbole don’t you? 

In any case, President Trump is facing an adversary much brighter than he is. I believe she will probably impeach him eventually, after the court cases are won and certain people are forced to testify, and she will never allow him to use it to improve his re-election chances. 

In any case, President Trump is facing an adversary much brighter than he is. I believe she will probably impeach him eventually, after the court cases are won and certain people are forced to testify, and she will never allow him to use it to improve his re-election chances. 
Not only will he win reelection...but the Dems will lose the House.

Yup...and I was on record in November...2016

as were you.
Actually I wasn’t. I was all over the map back then. Some days I predicted Hillary would win easily, other days I warned that Trump would triumph. I wasn’t sure (I rarely am) and extremely nervous. 

And Trump may very well win again because everything comes down to a handful of states- especially Pennsylvania. So who knows? 

But Republicans winning back the House is a different animal. It’s extremely unlikely for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with Trump. And if you don’t get that then you really weren’t paying attention in 2018. 

Actually I wasn’t. I was all over the map back then. Some days I predicted Hillary would win easily, other days I warned that Trump would triumph. I wasn’t sure (I rarely am) and extremely nervous. 

And Trump may very well win again because everything comes down to a handful of states- especially Pennsylvania. So who knows? 

But Republicans winning back the House is a different animal. It’s extremely unlikely for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with Trump. And if you don’t get that then you really weren’t paying attention in 2018. 
Oh gimme a break!

Your avatar was actually a young Hillary Clinton!

...and the Dems losing the House will be ALL ABOUT the absolute and total impotency of THIS Congress and how they ignored everything else on the planet and stayed laser-focused on undoing the 2016 election...even after their knight in shining armour, Mueller, failed to deliver the results that they banked on.

THIS Congress and how they ignored everything else on the planet 
Yeah this is Trump’s line too. It’s just another lie. In less than 5 months the House has already passed more important bills than the previous one did the entire last term, dealing with  healthcare, guns, climate change, jobs- everything the voters wanted. Unfortunately McConnell will not allow a single one of these to be taken up by the Senate. 

Oh gimme a break!

...and the Dems losing the House will be ALL ABOUT the absolute and total impotency of THIS Congress and how they ignored everything else on the planet and stayed laser-focused on undoing the 2016 election...even after their knight in shining armour, Mueller, failed to deliver the results that they banked on.
Maybe you should do some research instead of taking the word of a lying cheating conman.

According to 

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?status=4,5,11,10,30,31,9&sort=-current_status_date#current_status[]=4

The 116th house has 138 bills which haven't been taken up the Senate. The Senate only has 20 bills waiting for the house to take up. 

You aren't talking about Pelosi are you? 

Of course I am
Well, I guess brighter than Trump isn't a big hurdle to clear, but she has never struck me as intelligent.

From a Vanity Fair article arguing that Pelosi should be nominated as Speaker:

Let’s first summarize the case against Pelosi, which, it must be admitted, grows longer. Pelosi’s strength has never been as a figurehead or spokesperson. Back in 2006, when Pelosi was just hoping to become Speaker of the House one day, Jacob Weisberg was complaining in Slate that, for Pelosi, “a five-minute interview is usually sufficient to exhaust her knowledge on any subject,” causing her to “flop around like a fish.” And she was always liberal with gaffes. Recently, her handling of tricky issues seems to have gotten worse, both on substance and pronouncement. On why the “Patriot Prayer” group should be denied a demonstration permit by the National Park Service: “The Constitution does not say that a person can yell ‘wolf’ in a crowded theater.” On how she felt about Michigan Democrat John Conyers having settled multiple sexual harassment claims from former staffers: “Just because someone is accused—and is it one accusation, is it two? John Conyers is an icon in our country.” After Democrats lost a showdown over extending protections for people brought illegally to the United States as minors—calculating that voters didn’t have their backs—Pelosi gave an eight-hour protest speech, exactly the sort of thing red-state Democrats needed least.
I can see the argument that she is a better politician, but she has the reputation of being a dingbat...and not just in Republican circles.

Oh gimme a break!

There's a credibility problem with this one......I've touched on it before.

but she has never struck me as intelligent.

I can see the argument that she is a better politician, but she has the reputation of being a dingbat...and not just in Republican circles.
As someone who lives in a conservative part of California, I've heard Pelosi called every name in the book.  

I don't think I've ever heard anyone call her stupid...outside of "stupid liberal" or something like that.

As someone who lives in a conservative part of California, I've heard Pelosi called every name in the book.  

I don't think I've ever heard anyone call her stupid...outside of "stupid liberal" or something like that.
It's literally mentioned in the article I linked.

The title of this thread is Can Trump Please Get Impeached?. And started in the FFA.   What did you expect, it was petty before the back and forth even started.
I expect to be able to talk talk about a possible impeachment and do it without being tools and taking shots at each other. 

Let’s first summarize the case against Pelosi, which, it must be admitted, grows longer. Pelosi’s strength has never been as a figurehead or spokesperson. Back in 2006, when Pelosi was just hoping to become Speaker of the House one day, Jacob Weisberg was complaining in Slate that, for Pelosi, “a five-minute interview is usually sufficient to exhaust her knowledge on any subject,” causing her to “flop around like a fish.” And she was always liberal with gaffes. Recently, her handling of tricky issues seems to have gotten worse, both on substance and pronouncement. On why the “Patriot Prayer” group should be denied a demonstration permit by the National Park Service: “The Constitution does not say that a person can yell ‘wolf’ in a crowded theater.” On how she felt about Michigan Democrat John Conyers having settled multiple sexual harassment claims from former staffers: “Just because someone is accused—and is it one accusation, is it two? John Conyers is an icon in our country.” After Democrats lost a showdown over extending protections for people brought illegally to the United States as minors—calculating that voters didn’t have their backs—Pelosi gave an eight-hour protest speech, exactly the sort of thing red-state Democrats needed least.

It absolute is NOT.
That is the exact point of the bolded statements.  I guess it didn't say it explicitly, but the idea is that she comes across as unintelligent.  I've met a former lobbyist who said that she is flighty and dingy in person.

Perhaps you mean figuratively instead of literally, because in the article, no one literally called her stupid or even a dingbat (the other term you used).
OK, you guys got me.  She is intelligent and no one says otherwise.

Moving on.

OK, you guys got me.  She is intelligent and no one says otherwise.

Moving on.
Look, I'm not suggesting she's a brain surgeon (though apparently that doesn't mean anything either- see "Oreos"). But Nancy Pelosi is easily the most effective politician in this country since Lyndon Johnson. Almost nobody on either side of the aisle would deny that.  You don't get that way by being stupid.

Look, I'm not suggesting she's a brain surgeon (though apparently that doesn't mean anything either- see "Oreos"). But Nancy Pelosi is easily the most effective politician in this country since Lyndon Johnson. Almost nobody on either side of the aisle would deny that.  You don't get that way by being stupid.
What about becoming a famous businessman and the President?  Do you get that way being stupid?

Users who are viewing this thread