What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tony Pollard, DAL (1 Viewer)

Was a 2 year member of my NCAA fantasy squad.

Fun to watch run, I recall a couple games where I think he was wearing a blindfold.  That or he has the worst hands I have ever seen.

Was a 2 year member of my NCAA fantasy squad.

Fun to watch run, I recall a couple games where I think he was wearing a blindfold.  That or he has the worst hands I have ever seen.
Well thats a bit alarming. From what I saw (from highlights) he showed very good hands and was used as a receiver quite a bit. What concerned me was that on a lot of his runs he wasn't really touched/the play was well blocked. Didnt see a lot of wiggle or elite speed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thats a bit alarming. From what I saw (from highlights) he showed very good hands and was used as a receiver quite a bit. What concerned me was that on a lot of his runs he wasn't really touched/the play was well blocked. Didnt see a lot of wiggle or elite speed. 
Multiple games with multiple drops of screen passes.

I want to say it was a Houston game where I believe I saw him drop 3 or 4 straight screen/short passes.  This was when I decided he is legally blind or blindfolded.

eta - they definitely used him in the passing game, maybe my perception (hard to watch a lot of Memphis games) is off.

I'm not sure this is true 
Agreed. I think they hope he's a bigger and potentially more durable version of what they hoped Tavon Austin would be/what Dunbar used to be before he shredded his knee. 

They drafted the Michael Weber kid to be Zekes backup. Stephen Jones and Will McClay have repeatedly stated that Weber has "Zeke-like traits". 

matuski said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Multiple games with multiple drops of screen passes.

I want to say it was a Houston game where I believe I saw him drop 3 or 4 straight screen/short passes.  This was when I decided he is legally blind or blindfolded.

eta - they definitely used him in the passing game, maybe my perception (hard to watch a lot of Memphis games) is off.
PFF has him with an 11.4% drop rate last year. Since he caught 39 passes, that presumably means 5 drops on 44 catchable balls. Average for WRs is around an 8% drop rate, so he was worse than average by about 1.5 extra drops.

When I look at his dimensions and watch his clips, I see a WR.

They can call him whatever they want, but I'm not sure the RB experiment is going to work.

I'd be more excited about his outlook if they just caved and made him a slot guy.

PFF has him with an 11.4% drop rate last year. Since he caught 39 passes, that presumably means 5 drops on 44 catchable balls. Average for WRs is around an 8% drop rate, so he was worse than average by about 1.5 extra drops.
But he doesnt play WR. 

Well I'm not sure what is considered a drop then.

I was able to watch a few games the last 2 years.. he had drops in all of them and I swear the Houston game alone he may have had 5.  Still had a good day but tons of targets and several drops.

Tony Pollard rushed 12 times for 83 yards and added two catches for 26 yards on two targets in the Cowboys' Week 7 win over the Lions.

Pollard saw three fewer carries than Ezekiel Elliott, but Elliott was able to turn his 15 into 57 yards and a pair of one-yard touchdown runs. Zeke also wasn't targeted through the air. Pollard is the far more explosive player, but Elliott gets the money looks at the goal line, capping Pollard's scoring upside and keeping him a mere boom-or-bust RB2 for fantasy purposes. Pollard gets a Week 8 home date with the lowly Bears.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Looks like Tony finally gets his chance on Sunday with Zeke expected to be out.

Sure hope he doesn’t flame out after all this waiting.

Great day for those of us with both Zeke and Pollard, but wonder if it's bad news for the future. We want them the Cowboys to ride one guy into the ground each week, not split the carries like they might have to after games like this.

Great day for those of us with both Zeke and Pollard, but wonder if it's bad news for the future. We want them the Cowboys to ride one guy into the ground each week, not split the carries like they might have to after games like this.
I think they’d be wise to mainly limit Zeke to short yardage and pass protection situations, but we know it will be a lot more than that. 💰💰💰

Usage of Pollard / Zeke is frustrating for fantasy owners of Pollard but makes football sense. The only thing that rustles my jimmies is pulling Pollard on those "lay-up" TDs just because they want Zeke to have them. Does Zeke finish well? Sure but it's not like he's the only one who could possibly punch those in.

Did Dallas score 49 in any other games this season?
Helps to play a really really bad team
Also helps to play your best running back all game as well.

Pollard is a liability at pass protection and not very good at the dirty short yardage stuff. Zeke doesn’t have the ability to take it long but he almost always falls forward on his runs.
“Falls” being the operative word.

Did Dallas score 49 in any other games this season?
Helps to play a really really bad team
Also helps to play your best running back all game as well.

Pollard is a liability at pass protection and not very good at the dirty short yardage stuff. Zeke doesn’t have the ability to take it long but he almost always falls forward on his runs.
“Falls” being the operative word.
He does lean into his runs sometimes. I mean that’s what he is. I like that about him. I certainly DO NOT under any circumstantial want pollard blocking for my QB or running inside the tackles on 4th n short.

Love love love Tony Pollard but someone offered me Davante Adams for him straight up in PPR so I just had to sell high. Zeke isn’t going anywhere unfortunately

I own Pollard in another league so I’m still onboard, but you may want to do a price check on him if you need help at other positions

Love love love Tony Pollard but someone offered me Davante Adams for him straight up in PPR so I just had to sell high. Zeke isn’t going anywhere unfortunately

I own Pollard in another league so I’m still onboard, but you may want to do a price check on him if you need help at other positions
Makes me feel better about my Adams for CMC trade and I have Pollard as well

Users who are viewing this thread