What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

your favorite cannabis advocate (1 Viewer)

your favorite cannabis advocate

• marley

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • snoop

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • willy

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • ricky

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • woody

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • cheech n chong

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • whoopy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • phelps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Herer

• garcia

• hunter s thompson

• kareem

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • other

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters
Never knew Woody Woodpecker was a toker, but does make some sense.

In any event, I’d vote for Jeff Spicoli.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Black Crowes.

I remember years ago when I was working in the concert catering business. We would receive a rider in advance of all the items the bands and road crews would need for meals and drinks, dressing rooms, coolers on the stage, bus food, etc.

Anyway, the Black Crowes rolled through town, and #1 on their dressing room rider was pot. 

That was awesome to see. The only time I ever saw that on a rider in all the years of that job.  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
On the list it would have been Willie, but voted other.

Had a chance a couple of weeks ago to meet and smoke with Keith Stroup, the founder of NORML. Talking and partaking with him felt like the coolest TED Talk ever. From the fact that we started with joints that he brought through airport security ("my goal is to share cannabis with anyone and everyone I meet, and this is how I do it, with sharing what I have"), to discussions of him smoking with Willie, Snoop, Hunter S, Hef (he started NOMRL with $5000 from the Playboy Foundation), this guy is like the Forrest Gump of weed, always in the most interesting place place at the most interesting time.

Willy, although he never returned the 8"x10" glossy I sent for him to sign for my then-girlfriend.  I figure he just got high sooo....  :oldunsure:

Bogart said:
On the list it would have been Willie, but voted other.

Had a chance a couple of weeks ago to meet and smoke with Keith Stroup, the founder of NORML. Talking and partaking with him felt like the coolest TED Talk ever. From the fact that we started with joints that he brought through airport security ("my goal is to share cannabis with anyone and everyone I meet, and this is how I do it, with sharing what I have"), to discussions of him smoking with Willie, Snoop, Hunter S, Hef (he started NOMRL with $5000 from the Playboy Foundation), this guy is like the Forrest Gump of weed, always in the most interesting place place at the most interesting time.
Nice!!  I heard him speak and had a drink with him in Detroit last year.  :thumbup:

What is he up to these days?

Also, do you think we (KY) will pass a med bill next session?
Well, he’s dead unfortunately.  He passed away in 2012.  RIP Mr. Galbraith!  

I feel it’ll be legal on some pretense within the next couple years.  I believe it’s our #1 cash crop already.  But KY isn’t known for its expedient politics.  

I know the hemp bill was a step in the right direction.  Hopefully we’ll see some progress on this front soon.  

Well, he’s dead unfortunately.  He passed away in 2012.  RIP Mr. Galbraith!
Just earlier today, I posted about how I thought Littlefinger was still alive and well in Westeros at the beginning of this season.

Evidently, I am no more aware about things occurring in my own state... :doh:  ...thnx & RIP.

I feel it’ll be legal on some pretense within the next couple years.  I believe it’s our #1 cash crop already.  But KY isn’t known for its expedient politics.  

I know the hemp bill was a step in the right direction.  Hopefully we’ll see some progress on this front soon.  
Agreed. I expect med, with recreational being off the table for a good while.

🎶

Willy, you're wild as a Texas Blue Norther
Ready rolled from the same makings as me
Well I reckon we're gonna ramble till hell freezes over
Willy the wandering Gypsy and me

🎶

Freeway Ricky is another lesser known one.

Some good stories and background about the cannabis movement in jazz community in the early 1900s and the early hip hop advocates snoop, method man and cypress hill in the documentary: Grass is Greener on Netflix.

I can't believe I'm just now thinking of this... par for the course/thread, I guess...  :lol:  

Back when we were in Austin and kidless, we always went to South by Southwest, a week-ish-long music/film/etc. extravaganza where if you had a place for a musician to play, you had live music going.  Anyways, we were at a bar one afternoon and we had been imbibing for hours and I was looking forward to firing up the doob I had in my pocket.

I was walking to the bar to get more beers and noticed Doug Benson, from Super High Me talking with a bunch of smokin' co-eds.  On my way back from the bar, I said "eff it, I'm gonna interrupt".  I walked right up to the group and was like "YO!  DOUG BENSON WHAT UP MAN?"  He kinda looked at me funny and the girls were like "pshaw".  I asked him if he wanted to go smoke the doob with me and he kinda looked at the girls, then back at me and shrugged his shoulders and said "sure, sounds good!"

We spent a good half hour shootin' the poop up on the rooftop deck of this bar, carefully puffing away and getting to know each other.  This was pre-Facebook, so we added each other on MYSPACE ( :lol:  ).  He told me he'd get us into his show next time he was in town.  Never happened... but I must say that Doug Benson is my favorite cannabis advocate. :)   

Looks like Chris Long just came out and admitted to smoking often during his NFL career. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/retired-de-chris-long-says-he-used-marijuana-during-his-career-thinks-nfl-should-allow-its-use/

"I'm not a dry snitch, I'm not going to put a percentage on how much the league smokes, but I certainly enjoyed my fair share on a regular basis throughout my career," he said. "So, you know, and I was never afraid to say that and I'm able to say it more explicitly now: if not for that, I'm not as capable of coping with the stressors of day-to-day NFL life. A lot of guys get a lot of pain management out of it. Toradol did more pain management for me."

Users who are viewing this thread