What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cocaine!!! Your Favorite Cocaine Cowboy (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
There's no poll, but who is your favorite cocaine cowboy? 

I'll start with the protagonist of Johnny Cash's Cocaine Blues.

Last edited by a moderator:
can't remember his name either but we wrote a screenplay together about a Mafia crew with similar roles as the Knights of the Round Table in a single evening

can't remember his name either but we wrote a screenplay together about a Mafia crew with similar roles as the Knights of the Round Table in a single evening
That guy I saw that night in the club with the white suit pointing finger pistols at everyone while Der Kommissar by Falco blared from the loudspeakers might be a close second to you and your compadre 

one of my favorite cocaine stories:

In Reno, even those generally disinclined to paying special attention to waitstaff develop special relationships w bartenders. Because booze is free, one tends to juice em quite a bit more than SOP but they were also vital guides to social & substance movement for those in the life. Many were extremely helpful cokewhore matchmakers, others quite valuable to me babysitting my Mary during her most difficult & obstreperous times and, when dramatic changes in NV drug laws led to a lot of folks getting busted and rolling on each other, the bartenders were a great source for knowing who could & could not be trusted.

One of my favorites was David, head bartender at the Tiki lounge of the Nugget. Not only was he a master at mixing two-straw bowls of rum concoctions that went down like sodie pop but was a terribly funny & sweet guy. He was not a drug person but had a knowing finger on the social pulse of Reno/Sparks, so i'd visit him regularly as a matter of course. Stopped in on him one night and he had a totally gobsmacked look on his face and kept chuckling to himself uncontrollably. I asked him what was up and he shook his head and chuckled a half-dozen times before he began.

A highly-loaded customer sat down, ordered a drink and pulled a multi-ounce baggie of Peruvian flake out of his vest pocket and lay it on the video-poker terminal in front of him. Now these were still days when, if your action was good enough, you could walk across the gaming floor w your pants @ your ankles & a syringe sticking out yo butt and one could actually cut lines on the poker rail if they were subtle about it, but employees had to be watchful about public drug use being caught by the eye-in-the-sky.

"Hey, buddy, maybe you should put that away", says my pal David

"WTF?!?!" was the reply.

"Well, i don't want you to get in trouble and i don't want you to get me in trouble"

The customer's response was to dump the contents of the baggie in a Scarface heap on the plexiglass of the gaming terminal, draw his snout to it, look up at David, say F*************************** YOUUUU!!!! and make a snorting pig dive into the mound. David, of course, had to call security and have him hauled away. For as long as i knew him, David would occasionally stop at that terminal along his bar and start chuckling again. good times......

I remember my friend telling me once that he was feeling Bowie's lyrics. My first question to him: "What are you on, and how much of it?"
:D

my daughter was away at a GS weekend sleepover camp last year, and me and the gf got to talking 'bout my partying days ... she didn't know me backinaday, she grew up in Lehigh Valley - anyways, she asked me why i love(d) coke soooo damn much (she is still sXe), and i launched into some facacta drunken ode to the euphoric glory of being wired ... this was over dinner, after we had seen the Bowie exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum - a still from this genius ditty was on display, and i told her that nothing captured all the herky-jerky lip smacking, jaw grinding, mouth gnawing, paranoid splendor better ... it's the absolute tops of paeans to blow - remarkable, still gives me the shivers (clean for 26 years).

:D

my daughter was away at a GS weekend sleepover camp last year, and me and the gf got to talking 'bout my partying days ... she didn't know me backinaday, she grew up in Lehigh Valley - anyways, she asked me why i love(d) coke soooo damn much (she is still sXe), and i launched into some facacta drunken ode to the euphoric glory of being wired ... this was over dinner, after we had seen the Bowie exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum - a still from this genius ditty was on display, and i told her that nothing captured all the herky-jerky lip smacking, jaw grinding, mouth gnawing, paranoid splendor better ... it's the absolute tops of paeans to blow - remarkable, still gives me the shivers (clean for 26 years).
I believe nothing captures the mood quite like 25 or 6 to 4 by Chicago, but I respect that others have more powerful associations elsewhere. It is the absolutely frantic guitar which makes it more than the lyrics, though they capture matters too, a bit.

I believe nothing captures the mood quite like 25 or 6 to 4 by Chicago, but I respect that others have more powerful associations elsewhere. It is the absolutely frantic guitar which makes it more than the lyrics, though they capture matters too, a bit.
i've become a big fan of Mr. Kath ... yeah, this speaks to me big-time  :wub:

Not to derail this thread, but I've always wanted to ask this and figured this is as good of a place as any.  Was cocaine just EVERYWHERE in the 80s?  Movies and TV make it appear that way.

I grew up in small town Nebraska.  I didn't even know anyone that claimed to have used cocaine until the 90s.  :shrug:  

Not to derail this thread, but I've always wanted to ask this and figured this is as good of a place as any.  Was cocaine just EVERYWHERE in the 80s?  Movies and TV make it appear that way.

I grew up in small town Nebraska.  I didn't even know anyone that claimed to have used cocaine until the 90s.  :shrug:  
yes. 

to call it ubiquitous would be an understatement ... then it begat crack, which was even moreso popular and widespread - was quite a hellish planet 'round here. 

yeah, it broke out of NY/LA/showbiz with disco. by '78, pretty much every discotheque in the country had a sitting lounge with onyx tables specifically for cutting lines out.

yeah, it broke out of NY/LA/showbiz with disco. by '78, pretty much every discotheque in the country had a sitting lounge with onyx tables specifically for cutting lines out.
first time i ever heard of it was circa '76, from my mom's hairdresser Richie ... he was a big disco diva (NTTAWWT), and he did lines at the salon as she sat under the dryer - he called it "Booger Sugar" in his velour pants and "serf" haircut 

He said, "Son, it says here you're twenty-seven, but that's impossible.....

...you look like you could be forty-five"

When I was in college, that was a common name for it, and if you had blood in your nose from doing lines you had "rusty pipes."
huh, we would call the blood tinged straws and bills "rusty pipes"   :hifive:

and the nose leakers (and there were always a couple that strafed their nostrils) were called "Wepners" (nah, don't invite Johnny Ice Cream, he's a ####### Wepner!) - we loved the Bayonne Bleeder!   :boxing:

It was always available in SF if you had the money (which I usually didn't)

I know it was you, Lancelot.  You broke my heart.  You broke my heart!!

Leave the gun.  Take the Grail.

We don’t discuss business at the round table.

Well, when Arthur was first starting out, he was signed to a personal services contract with this wizard. And as his career got better and better, he wanted to get out of it. But the wizard wouldn't let him. Now, Arthur is our King. So we went to see this wizard and offered him 10,000 doubloons to let Arthur go, but the wizard said no. So the next day, we went back, only this time with Luca Brasi. Within an hour, he had a signed release for a big ol bag of doubloons.

I know it was you, Lancelot.  You broke my heart.  You broke my heart!!

Leave the gun.  Take the Grail.

We don’t discuss business at the round table.

Well, when Arthur was first starting out, he was signed to a personal services contract with this wizard. And as his career got better and better, he wanted to get out of it. But the wizard wouldn't let him. Now, Arthur is our King. So we went to see this wizard and offered him 10,000 doubloons to let Arthur go, but the wizard said no. So the next day, we went back, only this time with Luca Brasi. Within an hour, he had a signed release for a big ol bag of doubloons.
now, he sleeps with the swords....

Users who are viewing this thread