What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cocaine!!! Your Favorite Cocaine Cowboy (1 Viewer)

Coke, ether, acid, guns, whatever. 
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge.

Honest to god, when I was in school, I worked at the University and part of my job required me to have temporary access to a master key that worked on every campus lab (not med school). I worked night shift. However, I never once took any ether. 

I did find some other interesting things tho - but no ether.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge.

Honest to god, when I was in school, I worked at the University and part of my job required me to have temporary access to a master key that worked on every campus lab (not med school). I worked night shift. However, I never once took any ether. 

I did find some other interesting things tho - but no ether.
1978, Christmas time, N.Y.  Tripping balls, as per usual.  In Grand Central station with college roommate waiting for a train, or maybe it was Penn Station, I don't know.   We had just gotten the hairy eyeball from a cop because we were tossing a frisbee around inside.  We settled against a wall to await our train.  I tried to appear casual and so took out my book, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.  I pretended to read so as to avoid his gaze. He walks over, smiles down at me, and says if I am going to pretend to read I ought to hold the book right side up and then he walks away.  My roommate falls out laughing.  I was indeed holding the book upside down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course not  --
I thought it was Grand Central but was, and remain, very unfamiliar with N.Y. I have since been told that trains out of the City did not run from there, but from Penn Station.  I don't know.  I do know that it had a grand hall large enough to fling a Frisbee across.

We were headed to Rochester in a very bad blizzard.  I had only been on a train a few times in my life.  I was fascinated to see that each car had a hanging chain at the back that was a brake, just like in the old movies.  I remember wondering if pulling that chain would really stop the entire train.  The possibility was growing in my head when another friend who I was unaware was on the train found me and grabbed me, pulling me away from the chain, knowing, I guess, what I had in my mind and preventing me from doing something stupid.

On the trip up the train stopped in the middle of nowhere, in the blizzard.  We were told that the track was blocked and that we had to de-board, cross a field of about 200 yards to another train on a parallel track, and board that train.  The snow was deep and it was quite a slog.  A girl was having a hard time with her trunk.  I helped.  We hit it off.  We ended up doing it on the ride in our seats.  The lights were down but the car was nearly full.  She just got on my lap and we used our coats to conceal the action, more or less.  She was enrolled at RPI.  I tried to initiate contact after but she never took my calls.  No matter, it was a memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to derail this thread, but I've always wanted to ask this and figured this is as good of a place as any.  Was cocaine just EVERYWHERE in the 80s?  Movies and TV make it appear that way.

I grew up in small town Nebraska.  I didn't even know anyone that claimed to have used cocaine until the 90s.  :shrug:  
Yes.   The 80s were a fun decade but I don't know how I lived through some of the years.  Coke is an evil SOB.   

I still miss it. 

Gil Scott-Heron, besides doing awesome spoken word not intended for me, socially or politically, spent his later, more tragic years, walking around his apartment/house with a blowtorch looking for his next hit of a highly addictive substance known as crack cocaine.

On the train to Madrid to go home. Wish I had me a packet of azucare now. I used to live in New Haven, where one could be blowing rails all the way to Philly, rails one could have purchased from a stripper who used to dance in the area.

One could have also pulled a Hunter Biden and smoked crack from a California homeless tent in Compton, California. That would make one a true cocaine cowboy.

Not to derail this thread, but I've always wanted to ask this and figured this is as good of a place as any.  Was cocaine just EVERYWHERE in the 80s?  Movies and TV make it appear that way.

I grew up in small town Nebraska.  I didn't even know anyone that claimed to have used cocaine until the 90s.  :shrug:  
In Boulder they would have a Friday Afternoon club(FAC) at the Hilton right next to the creek and campus. In the courtyard it was a big area and maybe 5K would show up to enjoy the food, bands and drinking.....and a s$@##t-ton of cocaine. There were rooms over looking the courtyard. Maybe 7 stories if I recall with patios overlooking the courtyard. You would get a room and swap a bunch of keys with your friends so they could get past security and you would go floor to floor room to room and every single one was having a party with giant lines of the stuff.  You'd walk in introduce yourself and put out a bunch of lines of your stash and keep partying. Just like the movies. They had big outdoor in-ground hot-tubs out back and the scene around there was wild wild wild with coke whores everywhere topless. You would party till around 9 - go and eat somewhere(rarely eating a lot of food) - maybe hit a few bars - then head up to the mountain/foothill towns of Nederland, Gold Hill(Snow Hill as it was known back then) until the sun would rise over the plains. 

When you went skiing on the weekends it was as easily insane - Aspen was a complete nut house. I'd love to remember the parties at the Tippler - but it's hard. Or in Summit County - saw lots of trust funds going up noses. I go back to Aspen and kick myself for not spending the money on getting a place then - but hey I partied like crazy. You'd do spoons on lift rides - or catch a gondola and do lines in it - you had to be quick. Skiing all jacked up and doing cliffs and crap that should have killed you.

Not sure about Everywhere - but in Colorado it was. And yes even in Colorado Springs.

I have no idea why cocaine is illegal. I could really use a boost or a blast right now. 

Blowtorches and ether is my speed.

Anyone have the hook up in Inland Empire, CA? 

Users who are viewing this thread