What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***GPJ vs. The Rattlesnakes -- An Ongoing Thread/Battle*** (1 Viewer)

Good Posting Judge

Footballguy
Neighbor's dog got bit last weekend and incurred a $2500 vet bill. Not trying to hear any of that, or, you know, get bit by a rattlesnake.

Our backyard is small, and we have a 6 ft high iron bar fence along the backyard, which opens up on a golf course (LAM). I think it's about 50 feet across.

Starting off with these along the back fence line: https://www.amazon.com/Tysonir-Powered-Repellent-Outdoor-Electronic/dp/B07QFGWKDB/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=rattlesnake+repellent&qid=1558499579&s=gateway&sr=8-7

Also going to use a homebrew of snake repellent that contains peppermint oil, cinnamon oil, and clove oil. This is the same mixture, in equal parts, as one of the store-bought brands, but it's way cheaper if you DIY, like 20x cheaper. Also going to 2x the concentration, just to be safe.

Getting a rattlesnake fence. Digging a small ditch and making sure it's buried underground. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Hardware-Galvanized-Vegetables-Fencing-Critters/dp/B015PD9IOU/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=rattlesnake+fence&qid=1558499955&s=gateway&sr=8-15

Traps too? Will this be enough? Thoughts (but not prayers) encouraged, TIA.

I hate seeing freaking 2 foot long garter snakes, can't imagine have to deal with critters much larger who can actually bite and hurt you.

Nope nope.

I hate seeing freaking 2 foot long garter snakes, can't imagine have to deal with critters much larger who can actually bite and hurt you.

Nope nope.
I have had numerous of these in my backyard and one of my dogs use to always kill them. This past summer he met the largest one I have seen and it got him right on the nose. He now just barks, and circles them until I come out and deal with them. 

The Lone Ranger and Tonto were riding through the desert one day, when the Lone Ranger stopped to go to the bathroom.

He walked over to the bushes and pulled his pants down. Suddenly, a rattlesnake came out of nowhere and bit the Lone Ranger right on his penis.

The Lone Ranger said to Tonto, "Quick, ride to town and find a doctor! He'll know what to do."

So, Tonto quickly rode into town and found a doctor.

The doctor said, "The only cure is to suck out the poison." Tonto nodded his head.

Tonto rode back to the desert. The Lone Ranger asked, "What did the doctor say?"

Tonto replied, "Bad news, kemosabe. The doctor says you're gonna die."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread