What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst team in the NFL 2019 (1 Viewer)

they're certainly the favorite, but I got to think 6-10 or 5-11 at worst (unless Stafford goes down).  I like their defense quite a bit.  if we can run the ball at all, and not make Stafford throw it 45 times, I think we can surprise.  maybe I'm optimistic but I don't think we're worse than last year, and that means nowhere close to the worst team in the league

I'll take Miami or Cincy
Yes, lions could finish last in their division and still be out of the bottom 3 or 4 overall.

Bills? Don’t get me wrong I don’t think they will set the world on fire but I think they could win a good amount of games.
Yeah, people can hate all they want but they still won 5/11 games Allen started. They will have a MUCH better O-line, added John Brown, Cole Beasley, Kroft/Knox, and Devin Singletary. The defense should be just as good if not better as they lost Kyle Williams but added Ed Oliver. Their schedule isn't that bad either. Call me a homer all you want, but there is no way they'll be among the 3 worst teams in the NFL next year.

Miami, Washington, Arizona, Oakland (sorry, adding AB isn't going to add 4 wins), Denver (really, Joe Flacco?), and NY Giants should all be considered before Buffalo in this discussion.

A few of my views from reading some of this. 

I like the call of the Redskins. The QB position may be relying on a rookie and it hasn't been a strong organization. They play the Giants twice and they might split that match up?

I think Arizona is a strong contender as well. Rookie QB adjusting to the NFL. They play in a strong division as well with LAR, SEA & SF. Could have a tough time finding wins.

Oakland is another strong contender. Another pretty tough division so they could also be 0 wins in the division.

I'll disagree with Baltimore. I agree that the Jackson experiment could be a failure but that team always seems to have a defense that keeps them in games. I could just as easily see Jackson being able to contribute enough where if that defense plays well they are a playoff team.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-win-totals-vegas-released-totals-for-all-32-teams-here-are-our-favorite-picks-for-2019/

only 4 teams have a worse O/U total than them.....I think they are devoid of talent on both sides of the ball and the young QB isn't good, just making my call....it does help them that the NYJ and Dolphins are awful as well.
The one that those 3 below average teams do is ensure wins for the Patriots.   Seems like that division is always the same.  

Not sure I understand both questions as different ones... isn't the worst team the team the one who picks first?

My vote is for Miami, I think it's the safest one.  It likely won't be the case, as there's always some surprise dud team.

Washington and Arizona are also of course in the running.  I'd be surprised if it wasn't one of those 3 teams.

I was making a joke.  Not as down on them, Baltimore has the defense to play a ground based offense, which is what you need from Jackson.  He's not the quarterback you want when you're down 14 in the fourth.
They lost two of their best defensive players.

The one that those 3 below average teams do is ensure wins for the Patriots.   Seems like that division is always the same.  
I think there is some hope wirh darnold and the jets....but i dont see them beating nepats this year.....for some reason miami does beat the pats in miami frequently

Dolphins. They pick QB #1 and ship Rosen to the Raiders.

Raiders become worst team in 2020 and pick Trevor Lawrence #1 overall, shipping Rosen to the next worst team.

Last edited by a moderator:
So a 0.5% return on your investment? Just put your 200 million in a crappy savings account and double that return. 

Somehow Miami would screw you and go on and win the whole thing. 
Haha, good point. I was thinking about it from the house side since they get those odds... And the money while the bet is decided lol. 

A midget at QB, a guy who lost as a college coach at head coach, in a division with three better teams, so...0-6.

Arizona

I will go with the Tampa Bay Bucs.  They were 5 -11 even after Fitzmagic staked them to a 2-0 start.  Winston and company won 3 games the rest of the way.  Jason Pierre Paul is currently in a neck brace - not sure where they are going to get enough pass rush. 

I will go with the Tampa Bay Bucs.  They were 5 -11 even after Fitzmagic staked them to a 2-0 start.  Winston and company won 3 games the rest of the way.  Jason Pierre Paul is currently in a neck brace - not sure where they are going to get enough pass rush. 
Not a bad call but that division is always so crazy year to year.  One of those top 3 teams is going to have a random bad season, and I think the Bucs have a shot at pushing for 5-6 wins and 3rd place.

That coaching staff was way in over its head.....arians will have them in it....carolina might be in trouble...another shoulder surgery for cam...

Not sure I understand both questions as different ones... isn't the worst team the team the one who picks first?

My vote is for Miami, I think it's the safest one.  It likely won't be the case, as there's always some surprise dud team.

Washington and Arizona are also of course in the running.  I'd be surprised if it wasn't one of those 3 teams.
The worst team might end up winning a game due to being in an easy division and keeping it out of the first pick, such as the bills or phins.

The raiders have to be in the discussion. I mean they have added antonio, burfict and now Incognito hahahahahaha. What could possibly go wrong.

Seems like a pretty uninformed statement. The only time he hasn’t looked like at least a league average QB was under Jeff Fisher and every QB failed there.
Agree with this. Other than his rookie year on a bad Eagles team (1-5 as a starter) and under the putrid Jeff Fisher (4-7 as a starter) Foles has a 25-8 record as a starter. Notable acheivements:

• 7 TD's in a game (tied for NFL record)
  • 3rd highest QB rating ever in a season (119.2)
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • 6 straight wins vs. 10+ win teams in 2017 and 2018 (Ending with loss to Saints in playoffs)
  • 9 straight wins in must-win games in 2017 and 2018 (Ending with loss to Saints in playoffs)

I'd vote for the Dolphins...Saquon Barkley might single handedly keep the Giants from this discussion.

A midget at QB, a guy who lost as a college coach at head coach, in a division with three better teams, so...0-6.

Arizona
I know you're not a fan of Murray, but the Cards' schedule really isn't that bad this year. Adding up the sure losses gives them 8 losses (not counting the last Rams game as a sure loss because it's a very real possibility that the Rams sit their starters that game). And, that's only giving the Cards one division win (49er's at home) when they usually play their divisional games pretty tough. The Cards have games against a lot of crummy teams this year (Lions, Ravens, Bengals, Giants, Bucs).

LIONS - ?

AT  RAVENS - ?

PANTHERS - ?

SEAHAWKS - L

AT BENGALS - ?

FALCONS - L

AT GIANTS - ?

AT SAINTS - L

49ERS - ?

AT BUCCANEERS - ?

AT 49ERS - L

RAMS - L