What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I throw like a girl (1 Viewer)

You have a few options:

1. Pay me $5000 to come and teach you how to throw

2. Hire someone locally to come and throw to your kids while you stand by in shame

3. Embrace your girlyness and flaunt it. Own it. 

The only way to get better at throwing something is to throw something.  And keep throwing.

I had a younger cousin that still threw a baseball awkwardly at the age the rest of us were well into little league baseball.  Turned out to be a pretty good high school pitcher. 

I didn’t realize it until I was in my 20s, but I throw like a girl. Baseball, football, you name it. What should I do?  

I’ll put down my pom poms and listen. 
Honestly, I am not surprised by this statement.

You would have been skinny in the caveman days because of your poor spear throwing skills.  So you've got that going for you.  Which is nice.

I didn’t realize it until I was in my 20s, but I throw like a girl. Baseball, football, you name it. What should I do?  

Go on Survivor......it kind of worked for Wardogg......

I'm a college QB, who never had a great baseball throwing arm.    I realized after college that was because I was throwing a baseball with the same motion as a football....my hand was more sideways on the baseball on the follow through (like when throwing a football).   

After realizing that I started throwing a baseball more sidearm and it improved (still not great, but better than it was).   So you could try just totally switching up your usual girly motion.   And stop with the high pitched shreik, hair flip and snap after follow through too.

As long as you have all girls it won't really matter at your age. 

Given that you are now an adult man, it is probably too late for you. 
:goodposting:

If you are into your 40's, its best not to even try.  You'll only #### up your shoulders worse than they already are.

When I play catch with the kids, I either throw girl style, or do a slow, exaggerated reach-back and over the top motion that seems to work without too much pain.

Yeah, not surprising. I always assumed Otis was the big guy that hung out with all the athletes in high school but secretly couldn't actually play any sports.

Throwing like a girl is probably a good thing for you Oats.. you won't have arthritis, tendonitis and a partial tear in your bicep tendon from years of sports, not to mention makes sleeping fun. 

You definitely can lose a decent throwing arm via non use. I tried throwing a softball across the diamond from third to first and was amazed at how much more mustard I needed to put on it than I first felt like I should be using.

rockaction said:
Was waiting for this. Perfect.

Women can throw. They're just not taught to not throw from the elbow and they short-arm the darn thing. 
Seems like I saw or read a study on this where they concluded girls' natural throwing motion was less velocity but higher accuracy. Might have been a useful part of our evolution.

Users who are viewing this thread