What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How fast can you chug a beer? (1 Viewer)

How fast can you chug a beer (assume Coors Light or equivalent)

• 3 seconds or under *flex*

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • 4-10 seconds, like a normal human

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 10 - 30 seconds

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I am a girly man *curtsy*

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • I really have no idea / never done it

Votes: 11 10.5%

• Total voters

nirad3

Footballguy
Prompted by the Aaron Rodgers / David Bakhtiari / Matthew Stafford beer chugging awesomeness from last night, it got me thinking back to my college days... where I was one of the fastest chuggers in my fraternity.  There was one guy who could do a Solo cup of beer like it was a freakin' shot.  I was 2-3 seconds.  I'm probably in the 4-5 second range now.

Since it's Friday and some beers will be going down tonight, figured this was a nice Friday thread.  :)   

*** EDIT / CLARIFICATION ***   This is assuming out of a Solo/etc. cup.  Not can/bottle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prompted by the Aaron Rodgers / David Bakhtiari / Matthew Stafford beer chugging awesomeness from last night, it got me thinking back to my college days... where I was one of the fastest chuggers in my fraternity.  There was one guy who could do a Solo cup of beer like it was a freakin' shot.  I was 2-3 seconds.  I'm probably in the 4-5 second range now.

Since it's Friday and some beers will be going down tonight, figured this was a nice Friday thread.  :)   
Same her was great out of a solo cup, beer bong (or funnel) whatever you want to call it.  Absolutely terrible with shotgunning out of a can.  Never good get the technique down and it's would end up being all foam.  I'm 20 years plus removed from college so I'm guessing I'm in the 5-7 second range now.  Since it's a holiday weekend may have to give it a shot.

Despite drinking a lot it’s never really been my thing.

never really timed myself, but if I really wanted to show off I can probably do it in the 4-10 second range

My answer assumed that it was from a can or a bottle so I went 10-30.   From a solo cup it would be 4-10.
Mmm, good point.  I edited my OP to reflect what I was thinking.... Solo cup, like the Bakhtiari/Rodgers "battle" last night.

Bakhtiari was impressive.  Back-to-back under 3ish seconds each.  

Any time I try to chug one faster than 7-10 seconds the carbonation makes me feel like my chest is going to explode 
Pro-tip:  try a less-cold beer.   I could/can pound a beer that'd been sitting around a little while a LOT faster than something fresh out of the keg, etc.

nirad3 said:
Pro-tip:  try a less-cold beer.   I could/can pound a beer that'd been sitting around a little while a LOT faster than something fresh out of the keg, etc.
Yup, we used to run them through the sanitizer/dish washer to warm them up a bit before chugging.

College kids sure do a lot of dumb stuff......

I have no idea about a solo cup. But I can still shotgun a beer from out of a can in under three seconds. 

In my young days I had a girlfriend who was impressed by this sort of thing. I could do Labatt Blue out of a bottle in under five seconds. I didn't try to set any records beyond that. 

4-10 seconds in the younger days. Haven’t tried now in a while.

Had a few college friends that could do it as fast as they could pour it.  Really crazy. One of them had the record for chugging a yard of Guinness.  Could do it in just over 9 seconds.  Bar tender said it takes him about 7 seconds to pour water out when they clean it. 

nirad3 said:

*** EDIT / CLARIFICATION ***   This is assuming out of a Solo/etc. cup.  Not can/bottle.
This is me.   I am way past my prime at this point.  I can still throw it down, but on those rare occasions I do, I usually don't end up feeling so great later. 

A bit off topic but funny. In highschool we had the heemin himin club where you had to shotgun 3 beers in 2 1/2 minutes to get in. Everyone throws up due to fullness which was hilarious...besides this big girl. She put everyone to shame. 

6’ish seconds.

the only people I’ve seen who can do it in 3-4 can open their throat somehow and basically pour it down without swallowing.

A bit off topic but funny. In highschool we had the heemin himin club where you had to shotgun 3 beers in 2 1/2 minutes to get in. Everyone throws up due to fullness which was hilarious...besides this big girl. She put everyone to shame. 
In our college dorm, we used to compete in a competition called the case club.  Teams of four people each had a beer bong and a case of beer. It was a relay where each member would bong two beers at once and then hand off to the next member. You did the cycle three times, so each member ended up bonging six beers. The key to winning was your team’s efficiency in getting the next two beers poured into the bong. We were one of the better teams (though not the best), and our best time to complete the case was 12 minutes and change. Because of the order of the relay (the first person goes first each of the three rounds), that means each member is bonging six beers in under 10 minutes. My stomach would almost burst every time. No way I could do that today. 

One other similar and funny story. We used to have bong parties at our dorm, where everyone had to bong a beer to gain entrance (including girls). Occasionally, there would be someone who stated that they didn’t drink, so we would give them the option of bonging a Coke. (You can’t bong a fresh Coke without becoming a foam fountain.)

I love Stafford. That was so classic. Also I’m pretty sure Rodgers had a Miller Lite and Stafford downed an imperial IPA.
I'm on board with being a huge Stafford fan. Love the guy; just wish he had some sort of function around him. 

In our college dorm, we used to compete in a competition called the case club.  Teams of four people each had a beer bong and a case of beer. It was a relay where each member would bong two beers at once and then hand off to the next member. You did the cycle three times, so each member ended up bonging six beers. The key to winning was your team’s efficiency in getting the next two beers poured into the bong. We were one of the better teams (though not the best), and our best time to complete the case was 12 minutes and change. Because of the order of the relay (the first person goes first each of the three rounds), that means each member is bonging six beers in under 10 minutes. My stomach would almost burst every time. No way I could do that today. 

One other similar and funny story. We used to have bong parties at our dorm, where everyone had to bong a beer to gain entrance (including girls). Occasionally, there would be someone who stated that they didn’t drink, so we would give them the option of bonging a Coke. (You can’t bong a fresh Coke without becoming a foam fountain.)
20 year old me thinks  :headbang:   Almost 50 year old me thinks :(   :no: :X :sadbanana:

Yup, we used to run them through the sanitizer/dish washer to warm them up a bit before chugging.

College kids sure do a lot of dumb stuff......
You left coasters are weird.

We'd have two stacks going. One in the fridge, one in the closet for chugging. Room temp was quick. The closet beer was usually Natty light or Milwaukee's best, crap beer anyway so we didn't lose much. Fridge beer was okay stuff, not exactly craft beer in college. 

Texas A&M has a tradition called "dunking your ring".

You put your class ring in a pitcher at the Dixie Chicken and chug the pitcher.

I placed second in my group of friends.. first place went to Jeff.  I have never before or since seen anything like Jeff.  He says he can "open his gullet".  He doesn't have to swallow, he literally poured the whole pitcher into his stomach in under 8 seconds.  The only bottleneck to it going quicker was an inconvenience called his neck.

He was a good friend for years before this, and was good at chugging beer.  I didn't know Jeff had a physical abnormality allowing him to cheat.

Publicly humiliated, by his HIS OWN LEFT TACKLE no less!!!

Users who are viewing this thread