What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite fruit? (1 Viewer)

About 1/4 of my grocery bill is on fruit. I eat grapes (green usually, but lately have taking a liking to red), banana, and an apple almost every single day. I throw in strawberries and blueberries when decent ones can be had at the market. I love all berries (blackberry is my fav), pineapple. kiwi and most melons.  I need to try dragonfruit, haven't ever tried that one. 

I’m on a fresh fruit kick as of late.  There’s a u-pick blueberry farm 5 minutes from the house and, let me tell you, they’re like crack!  Picked 6lbs last weekend and I ate them all, need to go back this weekend.  Love me some apples, pears, and strawberries, too.  Hate all citrus and can’t stand grapes, though.  What’s your go to fruit?

*to make up for this unentertaining Friday thread, have a laugh:

https://youtu.be/nIYpRR7F8do
Fresh picked blueberries from a good farm are 100 times better than what you get in the store. Makes store bought ones taste like a poor replica 

I love pretty much all fruit however if I was to choose my absolute favorite, it has to be a fresh Georgia/South Carolina peach. Damn those are good. Since I moved to South Florida they are hard to find. 

Been eating less fruit the past 6 months due to Keto but have started bringing apples back into it along with a limited number of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries as they are somewhat keto friendly in moderation...

About 1/4 of my grocery bill is on fruit. I eat grapes (green usually, but lately have taking a liking to red), banana, and an apple almost every single day. I throw in strawberries and blueberries when decent ones can be had at the market. I love all berries (blackberry is my fav), pineapple. kiwi and most melons.  I need to try dragonfruit, haven't ever tried that one. 
Dragonfruit is like kiwi, but less tart.

I’m on a fresh fruit kick as of late.  There’s a u-pick blueberry farm 5 minutes from the house and, let me tell you, they’re like crack!  Picked 6lbs last weekend and I ate them all, need to go back this weekend.  Love me some apples, pears, and strawberries, too.  Hate all citrus and can’t stand grapes, though.  What’s your go to fruit?

*to make up for this unentertaining Friday thread, have a laugh:

https://youtu.be/nIYpRR7F8do
Fresh picked blueberries from a good farm are 100 times better than what you get in the store. Makes store bought ones taste like a poor replica 
I spent a summer picking blueberries when I was 13 years old. Sometimes when I sleep I will have a nightmare that my fingers have turned purple, and I'll wake up in a cold sweat, with the faint smell of smashed, rotted blueberries wafting above my bed.

Haven't eaten a blueberry in over 30 years.

I spent a summer picking blueberries when I was 13 years old. Sometimes when I sleep I will have a nightmare that my fingers have turned purple, and I'll wake up in a cold sweat, with the faint smell of smashed, rotted blueberries wafting above my bed.

Haven't eaten a blueberry in over 30 years.
Is your name Violet Beauregard?

If I'm eating them near the equator, yes.  That garbage that gets flown in off season, no thanks.

The difference is night and day.  Same with pineapples. 
They are much better, but even the garbage we get in the states can be good if you pick the right ones.  

I'll go with mangos, since the season is just starting up in the Miami area and I'm looking forward to getting some from co-workers, friends and street vendors. Not all mangos are created equal. This nursery south of Miami lists 39 varieties rated by size, color and flavor. One of the most popular commercial varieties, Tommy Atkins, is the least flavorful. The Carrie and Kent have great flavor. In France, they know mangos; they reject the Tommy Atkins, but welcome the Kent.

I'll go with mangos, since the season is just starting up in the Miami area and I'm looking forward to getting some from co-workers, friends and street vendors. Not all mangos are created equal. This nursery south of Miami lists 39 varieties rated by size, color and flavor. One of the most popular commercial varieties, Tommy Atkins, is the least flavorful. The Carrie and Kent have great flavor. In France, they know mangos; they reject the Tommy Atkins, but welcome the Kent.
If your down in Miami  you  should  try Mamey  very unique flavor.  Good eating first cut open or in smoothies.  A lot easier to get down there than anywhere else .

If your down in Miami  you  should  try Mamey  very unique flavor.  Good eating first cut open or in smoothies.  A lot easier to get down there than anywhere else .
Mamey is great, Cubans love it in milkshakes. There are dozens of great tropical fruits that aren't well known in the USA. One of my favorites is sugar apple (sour sop or anon to many Latins) whicg is custardy and sweet. Well known to many Asians is lychee, which is great when fresh. The Vietnamese in my mom's old neighborhood would beg my mom for fruit from her huge tree.

Strawberries, Pineapple, Pink Lady Apples.

Apples are the only fruit that it has to be a specific kind or it's terrible.

Mamey is great, Cubans love it in milkshakes. There are dozens of great tropical fruits that aren't well known in the USA. One of my favorites is sugar apple (sour sop or anon to many Latins) whicg is custardy and sweet. Well known to many Asians is lychee, which is great when fresh. The Vietnamese in my mom's old neighborhood would beg my mom for fruit from her huge tree.
Saw my first lychee roadside stand today. It's lychee season! Mango's are getting bigger but still green on the trees. 

https://imgur.com/a/GONWvE3

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw my first lychee roadside stand today. It's lychee season! Mango's are getting bigger but still green on the trees. 
Love lychee.  Nobody could ever describe what it tasted like to me so I never tried it.  Once I had it, it blew my mind. Great choice.

I tell ya, its hard to beat a room temperature freshly sliced watermelon on a warm summer day.   Sitting on the back deck in the shade, face just absolutely covered in watermelon juice.    

Users who are viewing this thread