What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Waldman coming to Milwaukee on June 11, 2019 (1 Viewer)

King for a Day

Footballguy
I wanted to share the information below regarding a unique opportunity to see Matt Waldman in-person as he discusses how he creates the Rookie Scouting Portfolio.  The event is open to the public.  For more information, visit armamilwaukee.org

Thanks,

Matt Waldman, owner and author of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio and contributor to Footballguys.com discusses how he creates his 1,000+ page annual scouting publication. In addition, Matt will discuss the Packers 2018 and 2019 rookie selections and take questions from the audience.

*Some of the event proceeds will be donated to Darkness to Light, a charity dedicated to empowering adults to protect children from sexual abuse

When: Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Where: The 833 East Michigan Building, 833 E. Michigan St., Ste. 400, Milwaukee WI 53202

Time: Registration, Food, Drink: 5:30 to 6:30 P.M. – Meeting: 6:30 to 8:00 P.M.  *Central Time Zone

Cost: $20.00 without parking, $25.00 with parking included

REGISTER HERE: https://armamilwaukee.org/calendar‐of‐events/event‐registration/

Wrong forum bud. 

I did see you have drinks- do those include martinis? If so I like mine with a 2:1 ratio of Bombay sapphire to dry vermouth, 2 dashes of orange bitters and an olive. Also, I can’t make it. 

No Sheboygan plans but, we will drive by as we take him up to Lambeau on June 12th.  Write me if you want to join us.  We're going to tour Lambeau Field and the Packers Hall of Fame. 

Nothing Found

Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.

"Who, Vinnie? You bet he's big time. Made him a judge!"

"Yeah, a corrupt one."

"You shut your mouth. You have no idea what you're talkin' about."

"I heard it from Weps in County. Turns like a crepe."

"A crepe? Did you just call Vinnie a crepe?!"

"Yeah, a crepe. You got beef?"

"Shows how much you know. They don't put beef in crepes, tough guy..."

"I don't care about no frog delicacies. Wepsanazzo said so, and I trust Wepsa..."

"Not so fast. Who else you got? Wepsanazzo was with Marie for a long time, and you know who Marie was running with."

"No, I don't, enlighten me."

"Mr. Sheboygan himself. Mayor Pavaratto."

"Pavaratout?"

"You got it."

How much of the proceeds go to charity?
$200 to $300 will be donated from ARMA Milwaukee to Darkness to Light.  That will likely equate to around 20% of the total ticket sales, before expenses, possibly a higher percentage if we don't sell out. 

I'm guessing nobody here has heard of ARMA Milwaukee so let me assure you that we're not doing this to make money.  We are a non-profit trade association that puts on educational and networking events.  We've been around since 1948.  All we try to do is break even when we hold an event.  Each year we try to connect a charity to one of our events and this year the logical choice was Darkness to Light as it's one of Matt Waldman's favorites.

And to get it out of the way... I am a volunteer.  Unless I find a penny on the ground, I won't walk away with a cent as a result of this event.  This is all totally legit.  As a fantasy football fan I'm ecstatic to have Matt coming to Milwaukee.  If you're in the area, please consider attending.

Is this King for a Day thing self-titled or is there some way for the rest of us to get in on that action.  Would be sweet.

My office is a couple blocks from the event, but I haven't played fantasy sports of any kind for over 10 years.  Although, I am a huge Packer fan, I could not possibly care less about the NFL draft or hearing more opinions from another crystal ball as to how good these players will turn out to be.  I am constantly amazed by the marketing job the NFL has done with its draft. 

I have my house set up on Air BNB just for this event. I have two spare bedrooms and an outside shed to rent out. Asking $500 a night for each. Internet and bathrooms are an extra charge. Don’t miss out. My house is easily in walking distance of the airport. 
Are you the one that painted “welcome to Cleveland” on your roof in the flight approach?

CletiusMaximus said:
My office is a couple blocks from the event, but I haven't played fantasy sports of any kind for over 10 years.  Although, I am a huge Packer fan, I could not possibly care less about the NFL draft or hearing more opinions from another crystal ball as to how good these players will turn out to be.  I am constantly amazed by the marketing job the NFL has done with its draft. 
A similar industry has grown around soccer's transfer deadline day.  I'm not much of a NFL fan these days but at least something happens at the draft.

A similar industry has grown around soccer's transfer deadline day.  I'm not much of a NFL fan these days but at least something happens at the draft.
Agree its an analogous event with similar history.  When I was a kid, we never even knew when the NFL draft was - would just read about the guys the Packers got in the paper a few days later.  The transfer window was the same, particularly when there was so much less money involved.

CletiusMaximus said:
Could not agree more.  Can't believe people put this much time into it and I don't think their "talents" are any different than those that watch a ton of games.  Everybody's a scout in FF, it's hilarious.  The best is breaking down the difference in some cone drill or catch radius or whatever.  Give me a break.

Thanks. For those that can make it, this should be a lot of fun. Matt's one of my favorite humans on the planet and is as kind as he is smart. And he's off the charts good in both. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Could not agree more.  Can't believe people put this much time into it and I don't think their "talents" are any different than those that watch a ton of games.  Everybody's a scout in FF, it's hilarious.  The best is breaking down the difference in some cone drill or catch radius or whatever.  Give me a break.
I've called into question fantasy football "expertise" for two decades on this site (actually I hardly post/care anymore). Fantasy expert is a sham of a title.

That said, Waldman is legit. Outstanding analysis of plays, players and coaching calls, broken down with great use of video. I read and watch his stuff during the season, and pretty much skip the rest. He helps people understand the game better.

I've called into question fantasy football "expertise" for two decades on this site (actually I hardly post/care anymore). Fantasy expert is a sham of a title.

That said, Waldman is legit. Outstanding analysis of plays, players and coaching calls, broken down with great use of video. I read and watch his stuff during the season, and pretty much skip the rest. He helps people understand the game better.
Yep, the over-the-top stuff in the Shark Pool is hilarious.  Everyone thinks they're a scout now.  I actually read it for fun sometimes, even though I haven't played in years.

And my post wasn't about Matt btw, great guy it sounds like.  I just get a kick out how far people will go with a hobby.  Oh, and remember when it wasn't gambling?  Yeah right.

Last post, sorry for the sidetrack.

I have my house set up on Air BNB just for this event. I have two spare bedrooms and an outside shed to rent out. Asking $500 a night for each. Internet and bathrooms are an extra charge. Don’t miss out. My house is easily in walking distance of the airport. 
Just an update but my rooms and shed are booked for the week. I'm working on another shed because the demand is high. I've had requests from eight others. I'm also looking into a loft in my garage due to demand. I'll know more by Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread