What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is D. Henderson Worth a 2020 2nd? (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
Dynasty 12 teamer, PPR TE Premium (1.25). Can start 1Q - 1R - 2W- 1T - 2(Flex) - 1K - 1D

I have Gurley and was offered Henderson for my 2020 2nd, which I project to be in the middle of the pack?  Henderson was drafted 2.01 this year in this league.  Currently, I have:  Gurley, D Henry, M Davis, Foreman, Samuels and Sanders (R).

My team is definetly in a rebuild setup, as I am not strong in any positions

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking to protect your investment in Gurley then the 2.02 is worth the insurance. In 2 out of 3 recent drafts that I have been involved in, Henderson is going in the 1st round.

I have a draft coming up and I have put Gurley up on the trade block to see if I receive any offers that would be fair value to flip him. If not, then I will hold onto him and ride him out.

12 team PPR 2.05 not a Gurley owner.

12 team SF 1.06 not a Gurley owner.

12 team PPR  1.11 not a Gurley owner.

Good luck in your decision.

Yes, you should acquire D Henderson as must-have handcuff to Gurley and 2020 2nd round is small price to pay.  

FYI, I just traded Gurley for Le'Veon Bell, 2019 2nd round (16th overall), and 2020 1st round pick in 12 teams PPR league. 

thanks...  he pulled the offer, and put out Henderson and his 2nd, (projected early) for my 1st (projected mid).  Not sure about this one.

Reject and counter with his original offer.  If he rejects that resend it and add some small piece or a future third.  Any of these are a great deal for you IMO.

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Reject and counter with his original offer.  If he rejects that resend it and add some small piece or a future third.  Any of these are a great deal for you IMO.
I did put out 2020 2nd and Riley Ridley which was rejected,

I rejected his latest offer (listed above)

Early on, you were offered a tremendous deal (Henderson for a mid 2020 2nd). Had you spent more time in the Shark Pool, you might have sprained your index finger hitting the "accept" button.

You didn't list your other pieces, but your RB stable could be strong. Adding Darrell Henderson is an absolute necessity even at latest prices.

Your trade partner pulled the offer while you were in the tank. Fortunately for you, their new offer was even better.

Now, instead of giving up a mid 2nd Round pick in a stacked 2020 draft, you now only have to trade back about 8 spots. (Say from 1.07 to 2.03).

YOU NOW GET HENDERSON AND A PLAYER.

You are only losing the value difference between pick 7 and 15.

That number is dwarfed by the value of adding Darrell Henderson.

I would resubmit that offer (2020 1st for Henderson + 2020 2nd)

The longer you wait the price will go up. Non-Gurley owners are just as interested.

Run, don't walk.

Early on, you were offered a tremendous deal (Henderson for a mid 2020 2nd). Had you spent more time in the Shark Pool, you might have sprained your index finger hitting the "accept" button.

You didn't list your other pieces, but your RB stable could be strong. Adding Darrell Henderson is an absolute necessity even at latest prices.

Your trade partner pulled the offer while you were in the tank. Fortunately for you, their new offer was even better.

Now, instead of giving up a mid 2nd Round pick in a stacked 2020 draft, you now only have to trade back about 8 spots. (Say from 1.07 to 2.03).

YOU NOW GET HENDERSON AND A PLAYER.

You are only losing the value difference between pick 7 and 15.

That number is dwarfed by the value of adding Darrell Henderson.

I would resubmit that offer (2020 1st for Henderson + 2020 2nd)

The longer you wait the price will go up. Non-Gurley owners are just as interested.

Run, don't walk.
1.  Thanks for your input...   

A.  I have been on FBG since 2003 and visit the Shark Pool daily
  B.  I did list my other RB people in my initial post
  C.  I saw the offer in my email (not on the MFL site but at work),  as I do not have access to the MFL site for work protection and it was pulled within 2 hours.
  D.  The value could be worse or better than a 7 spot slot drop.  This owner was the 3rd pick two years in a row, but I am projecting him to be mid of the pack.  I have a playoff type team, however it is not strong... a middle of the road team.  So the drop could be 12 spots.
  E.   I did update the offer this morning and added Watson (WR, Tampa) who I really like and can stash on my TS and he did accept it.

So, thanks for your insight, but don't assume too many things.

jwsbowler said:
1.  Thanks for your input...   

A.  I have been on FBG since 2003 and visit the Shark Pool daily
  B.  I did list my other RB people in my initial post
  C.  I saw the offer in my email (not on the MFL site but at work),  as I do not have access to the MFL site for work protection and it was pulled within 2 hours.
  D.  The value could be worse or better than a 7 spot slot drop.  This owner was the 3rd pick two years in a row, but I am projecting him to be mid of the pack.  I have a playoff type team, however it is not strong... a middle of the road team.  So the drop could be 12 spots.
  E.   I did update the offer this morning and added Watson (WR, Tampa) who I really like and can stash on my TS and he did accept it.

So, thanks for your insight, but don't assume too many things.
Nice job getting it done..

A. What I meant was if you were following the draft and subsequent fallout, then either offer you received was an "insta-accept.

B. I was talking about your QB, WR, and TE situation. You said you were in rebuild mode, but gave nothing to support it. Your RBs are certainly avg/above avg for a 12 teamer. The state of your other positions affects trades and draft goals.

C. I believe trades can be accepted through the email.

D. Doesn't matter the drop. 8 was just an estimation. 10-12-14 whatever is still worth it.

E. Good job. 

Users who are viewing this thread