Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Juxtatarot

2019 NBA Mock Draft -- on to the 2nd round

Chicago Bulls select Jalen Lecque, G,  University of None

Very raw but NBA positional size/length and elite athleticism.  We let him play mostly in the G-League next year and see what we've got.

dang, wanted Bazely

2.09 Nawlins takes Luguentz Dort G ASU

might as well have the Zion of guards to go with the Zion of Zions. 6'4 230 w hops (i'm secretly drafting him as Patriots' TE). plus, i wanna hear Marv shout "Luguentz Dort" without his teeth falling out or wig falling off once b4 we die.

@caustic

Edited by wikkidpissah

6 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

@flranger is up

@modogg is on deck. 

been up for a bit. here is my pick, if @flranger wants this guy i can pick someone else:

2.12 (42)  Eric Paschall, Villanova (PF).   some project him as a late first rounder, so at 42 Sixers see value. Kid can be a 3 or 4, and is big and lengthy. Shot 39% from 3, and  can be a nice role player who can switch a bit on defensse

5 minutes ago, modogg said:

been up for a bit. here is my pick, if @flranger wants this guy i can pick someone else:

2.12 (42)  Eric Paschall, Villanova (PF).   some project him as a late first rounder, so at 42 Sixers see value. Kid can be a 3 or 4, and is big and lengthy. Shot 39% from 3, and  can be a nice role player who can switch a bit on defensse

taken 1.29, dogg. try again

• Like 2

7 hours ago, caustic said:

The Brooklyn Nets have acquired a second round pick in exchange for cash considerations, and they will select Darius Bazley, F, Princeton High School

@Juxtatarot is on the clock!

Oooooh I meant I wanted a 2nd round pick swap.  Can we include Sacramento somehow and you give Dallas the 60th pick?

47 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

taken 1.29, dogg. try again

thanks, i guess he is that underwhelming that i looked and didn't see him. 

Really not interested in this guy, but let's see him a year in the G league and if he has any value or not. Likely trading this for cash or something, but since we want to get this going before Thursday:

2.12 (42)  Admiral Schofield, Tenn.  a wing who shot 38% from 3 in college. little rangy, and good character guy. Start in G league for the year and let's see if he can keep that 3 up enough to make him a legit 3-D and a good 8 or 9 on the roster

55 minutes ago, scoobus said:

Oooooh I meant I wanted a 2nd round pick swap.  Can we include Sacramento somehow and you give Dallas the 60th pick?

Sure, my bad - let’s have the official trade look something like this:

Brooklyn receives: Pick 37 (Dallas)

Dallas receives: Pick 60 (Sacramento), cash considerations (Brooklyn)

Sacramento receives: Cash considerations (Brooklyn), Portland’s 2020 2nd (from Brooklyn; top-55 protected)

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

2.13 (43) - Naz Reid, LSU

This from NBADraft.net sums him up pretty well.  No idea what I'm getting here, but it could be something!

Outlook: Naz is seen by a "boom or bust" wild card by scouts as some aren't sold on his toughness and dedication to the game ... He has a wide range of projections entering the draft process ... He is probably a bit more team fit dependent than other draft prospects ... Reid has to be drafted to a team that has patience and gives him the availability to progress and also feel comfortable enough to put his guard down and develop relationships with the staff ... Reid is without a doubt is a first round talent, but his inconsistency puts his draft range in question ...

Edited by Frostillicus

I'll make Atlanta's picks.  We got out of order but no big deal.

At 41, Atlanta takes Tacko Fall.  Not only the tallest player in the draft, but the one with the best name.  I liked him in the tournament.  At a minimum, he'd be awesome to defend against the last second inbound plays.

At 44, Atlanta realizes they have way too many young players to develop and go with Deividas Sirvydis as a draft and stash.

• Thanks 1

Hornets looking to swap and move up to the current pick for cash considerations IMO!

2 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

I'll make Atlanta's picks.  We got out of order but no big deal.

At 41, Atlanta takes Tacko Fall.  Not only the tallest player in the draft, but the one with the best name.  I liked him in the tournament.  At a minimum, he'd be awesome to defend against the last second inbound plays.

At 44, Atlanta realizes they have way too many young players to develop and go with Deividas Sirvydis as a draft and stash.

FYI, you put Sirvydis in at both 41 and 44 in the running draft of the first post.  Just want to make sure no one else tries to draft Fall.

• Thanks 1

Detroit takes Isaiah Roby, SF, Nebraska 

If you look at the Pistons’ roster on ESPN, there are zero players listed at small forward. Just a bunch of journeyman shooting guards splitting time there. Roby is potentially a plus defender and would give them a guy who can actually guard that position. If he can improve his shot he could have a significant role down the road.

54 minutes ago, Worm said:

Hornets looking to swap and move up to the current pick for cash considerations IMO!

Man you coulda had quite a deal yesterday.