What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Mock Draft -- That's a wrap. Thanks everyone! (1 Viewer)

Yah, I wanted Hayes at this spot.  He will more likely be a role player and the DEF and athleticism should be good for a second unit.  I would easily trade him for Mo Bamba or Isaac from the Magic who are heavy in the post.
i drafted Bamba for the Hawks in last yr's version of this exercise. i think they did a little better getting Trae and the Dal pick

1.11 -- Timberwolves -- Sekou Doumbouya, F, France

Wolves have a lot of work to do with this roster, and not a lot of options.  We'll take the guy with the most upside left in the draft. Plenty of bust potential with a euro, but his scouting reports sounds good.  Need to take a risk since we have no money to sign anyone.

@Worm

1.12 -- Hornets - Rui Hachimura, F, Gonzaga

Assuming the Hornets resign Kemba here. Potential small ball 4 for the Hornets. Already a good mid-range guy if he extends that range he can have the potential to be a Marvin Williams replacement. Played 3 years at Gonzaga but still has room to grow his game. I like him and Bridges long term, with Kemba at the point.

@scoobus

CLEVELAND TRADES

JR Smith and the number 26 pick in this year's draft

TO MIAMI FOR

James Johnson, the number 13 pick in this year's draft plus Miami's 2023 lottery-protected first-round pick.  (If pick does not convey, it will convert to a 2nd-round pick, the details of which hardly seem worth figuring out here...)

With the 13th pick in the draft,

The Cleveland Cavaliers select...

Nassir Little, Forward, University of North Carolina

This may be somewhat of an overlap with our first pick of DeAndre Hunter, but we need to take swings on upside and play the percentages.  Little has great measurables and physical profile for the modern NBA, is reportedly a hard worker, and should be unleashed by Beilein's wide-open system.

He is somewhere between Gerald Wallace and Kawhi Leonard with a hint of Jae Crowder. 

JR Smith?
how did you think the salaries would match?

Smith has 15.68 million for this year, but is only guaranteed $3.87.  You can waive him prior to 6/30 and only have the $3.87 on your books for this year.  So you save $28 million.

Sorry, I thought about specifying that, but thought that was implied.

Haha ok that’s fine, we just hadn’t mentioned his name once, didn’t know about the buy out, not worth slowing things down.

All good!

That James Johnson contract was horrific the day it was signed, my goodness. Think that gets us to under the tax this year which was a must.

1.14 Celtics select Goga Bidatze, C SuperMegaFunLeague of Putin Playground of Georgia

Time to make Boston a PnR paradise again. We got our Nurkic, do youcic?
Nice pick.  Euro Rising Star winner IRRC.  I was considering trading up for him if he fell a few more slots.

I'll draft for OKC.  I would prefer not to pick for SA or Indy since they pick right before the Bulls and I'd be tempted not to act in good faith.

At 1.15 the Pistons take Nickeil Alexander-Walker, G, Virginia Tech

Detroit has superstars like Griffin, Drummond and Thon Maker up front, but the situation is so dire on the wing that adding Wayne Ellington instantly made the team significantly better. Drafting a big man really not an option.

There’s about 5 wings that I considered here and if I did it over in an hour I might take a different one, but Nickeil’s shooting, defense, versatility and basketball IQ gave him the slightest of edges.

At 1.15 the Pistons take Nickeil Alexander-Walker, G, Virginia Tech

Detroit has superstars like Griffin, Drummond and Thon Maker up front, but the situation is so dire on the wing that adding Wayne Ellington instantly made the team significantly better. Drafting a big man really not an option.

There’s about 5 wings that I considered here and if I did it over in an hour I might take a different one, but Nickeil’s shooting, defense, versatility and basketball IQ gave him the slightest of edges.
nice pick - thought i might get  him @ 22

1.17 Atlanta Hawks select    PJ Washington

With prior ATL picks of #8Jarrett Culver and #10Brandon Clarke showing very strong defensive potential, we are looking at pure offensive potential with this pick.  Intended to pick Tyler Herro, but recognized that PJ Washington while playing for the same team had better 3 point %.  

Feeling like these three will give Trae Young plenty of options in the future to develop with Huerter and Collins.

@Wikkidpissah 

1.18 Indiana selects Romeo Langford G Indiana

don't feel this way about any other school but Hoosiers should go to the Pacers. i liked the ol' ABA home-designation rule. going after Vonleh too. look what it did for Dipo.

@Long Ball Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
At pick 1.20 Bulls select Bol Bol C Oregon.  Son of, of course, Manute Bol.

I dangled pick 38 to move up to take him at 16 and 18 but was unsuccessful.  Got him anyway.  I have very little expectations for him his first year.  We'll get him a little taste but mainly want to work on strength and conditioning.  7'2" with a 7'8" wingspan and can shoot from outside.  He might be perpetually injured and have a short NBA career but him uniqueness makes him worth in the risk for picks outside the lottery, in my opinion.

At 1.21 the Thunder will address a need for some big man depth with Bruno Fernando, C, Maryland.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, with the 23rd selection in the 2019 NBA Draft

the Utah Jazz select

Luka Samanic, F, Union Olimpija

I certainly have some skepticism about the Euro, but Utah can really use a stretch 4 for more offensive creation and shooting.   His defensive deficiencies can be erased by Gobert and/or Favors to some extent, or they can let Favors go and/or they can get a different look even with him at the 5 when Gobert is out of the game.

We could definitely use a point guard, but not sure who is really worth it at this pick and prefer the upside of Samanic.  We'll trade for Conley later.

Users who are viewing this thread