What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper: Rashaad Penny or Sony Michel? (1 Viewer)

Better keeper in 3 - 4 years?

• Sony Michel

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Rashaad Penny

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

dwarfboy

Footballguy
I have the chance to keep:

Sony Michel, RB, NE, with salaries of $7, $11, $16, $24, $36 out of $100 for the next five years.

or

Rashaad Penny, RB, SEA salaries of $6, $9, $14, $21, $31 for the next five years.

I have to cut one(or 4 years of JuJu) this offseason but could keep either for up to five more years.  I  get to decide if I want to continue keeping them each year but would need to replace their keeper slot with a rookie in the next draft.  Affordable guys(like Michel or Penny) can be kept for the first six years of their career if their owner wants them so can represent great value.  Most highly touted rookie RBs go very high in the draft but owners only get 3 years.

Neither Michel nor Penny is very affordable their fifth year so I'm mostly thinking next 1 - 3 years and hoping for a fourth. 

I've been leaning towards Michel but have major concerns about his injury history, Tom Brady's imminent retirement, and NE's tendency to rotate multiple backs and pass a lot.

My next best option is Rashaad Penny who I actually drafted higher than Michel and costs slightly less so potentially easier to keep 3, 4 and 5 years from now.  Seattle does like to run the ball, has their QB locked in and drafted Penny in the first, four picks earlier than Michel.  Chris Carson is still in SEA for a couple more years but I'll also be keeping Tyler Lockett $4, $6, $8, $10, $14 so can pair two parts of Seattle offense in my lineup.  Russell Wilson will be available in this draft and I could grab him in the late second.  Neither Mahomes, Luck, Ryan, Watson, Roethlisberger, Wentz, Mayfield, Darnold nor Jackson will be available at all so would have to commit a fairly early pick to get Wilson.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am confused what JuJu has to do with this decision.  Are you saying that if you keep one of these guys you have to let JuJu go? 

In general it sounds like these two fill the same spot.  The salaries are not huge differences so it comes down to who you like best.  For me that would be Michel.  I don't trust Penny to get the usage and Michel has shown they will use him (although that could change with a fumble).  I actually don't really like either so I may try to shop both and see what options that would lead to. 

Michel is the better pick by a mile. Sure he splits time, but he's at least the starter, Penny might become that, but Carson has played very well, and is only a year older than Penny. I like Penny, but unless Carson is out of the picture, its hard to see him outproducing Michel.

Users who are viewing this thread