What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hot Take: German Chocolate Cake Is The Best Cake (1 Viewer)

I've never liked chocolate cake, so it's far from the best cake for me. Doesn't taste like chocolate. I get more of a coffee-like flavor from it.

Cheesecake, ice cream cake, white cake, yellow cake...

eoMMan said:
The chocolate on chocolate cake with the chocolate fudge icing >>> German chocolate cake
This is a very popular viewpoint among people who still believe in Santa Claus.

Henry Ford said:
Narrowly beats out doberge cake and king cake.
With king cake, as you know from living down here, varying greatly. I will assume you mean to invoke the very best examples of the style.

Henry is absolutely correct about this.

On the subject of cheesecake I was at a graduation this past weekend.  It was determined that we would all go to the Cheesecake Factory after for a late lunch/early dinner.  We arrive at 3:30.  They had outdoor seating for maybe 100 folks.  Sitting out there were two 20-something males with man buns.  They were each wearing sandals with socks on.  There were no other persons on the veranda. They were sharing one slice of cheesecake between them.  Two guys, two forks, one cheesecake on Friday afternoon at 3:30.  I commented on them presuming them to be gay. My nieces maintained that this was not necessarily so, laughing that I would emphasize that it was Friday at 3:30 among other evaluative factors.  I maintained my position saying that no two heterosexual males in the history of heterosexuality have ever met to share a cheesecake at Friday afternoon at 3:30.  If you meet a buddy in the afternoon, playing hookie from work, you meet for beers and wings or beers and some ribs, you do not share a piece of cheesecake between the two of you. 

Now mind you I was fine with those two fellas enjoying their Friday afternoon as they saw fit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry is absolutely correct about this.

On the subject of cheesecake I was at a graduation this past weekend.  It was determined that we would all go to the Cheesecake Factory after for a late lunch/early dinner.  We arrive at 3:30.  They had outdoor seating for maybe 100 folks.  Sitting out there were two 20-something males with man buns.  They were each wearing sandals with socks on.  There were no other persons on the veranda. They were sharing one slice of cheesecake between them.  Two guys, two forks, one cheesecake on Friday afternoon at 3:30.  I commented on them presuming them to be gay. My nieces maintained that this was not necessarily so, laughing that I would emphasize that it was Friday at 3:30 among other evaluative factors.  I maintained my position saying that no two heterosexual males in the history of heterosexuality have ever met to share a cheesecake at Friday afternoon at 3:30.  If you meet a buddy in the afternoon, playing hookie from work, you meet for beers and wings or beers and some ribs, you do not share a piece of cheesecake between the two of you. 
Agreed on all fronts. 

Obviously sexuality can be fluid, and two men sharing a piece of cheesecake at 3:30 in the afternoon on a weekday are definitely sharing fluids.

Agreed on all fronts. 

Obviously sexuality can be fluid, and two men sharing a piece of cheesecake at 3:30 in the afternoon on a weekday are definitely sharing fluids.
Now had it been two guys sharing a large chunk of German chocolate cake after a hearty helping of ribs and some beer to wash it down, well that would have indicated nothing about their sexuality, just something about their waistlines. 

Now had it been two guys sharing a large chunk of German chocolate cake after a hearty helping of ribs and some beer to wash it down, well that would have indicated nothing about their sexuality, just something about their waistlines. 
Right.  The only thing German chocolate cake says about your sexuality is "virile."

love me some German Chocolate cake but have you seen how some people use chocolate frosting on the sides and then the coconut frosting is just on the top?  I refuse any German chocolate cake that doesn't have the coconut frosting on the top and sides

love me some German Chocolate cake but have you seen how some people use chocolate frosting on the sides and then the coconut frosting is just on the top?  I refuse any German chocolate cake that doesn't have the coconut frosting on the top and sides
Who would do such a thing!

Cheesecake is a custard.

I'll take a homemade Lemon Pound Cake or Red Velvet Cake over German Chocolate all day every day. 

Coconut sucks. 

Users who are viewing this thread