Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Henry Ford

Hot Take: German Chocolate Cake Is The Best Cake

I don't know who I'm saying this to, I assume everyone already knows this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

I've never liked chocolate cake, so it's far from the best cake for me. Doesn't taste like chocolate. I get more of a coffee-like flavor from it.

Cheesecake, ice cream cake, white cake, yellow cake...

• Like 1

Just now, otb_lifer said:

Black Forest down?

If you want to pretend that a trifle is actually a cake, you're entitled to, but don't bring that #### into my house.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Just now, BlueDredSo said:

I've never liked chocolate cake, so it's far from the best cake for me. Doesn't taste like chocolate. I get more of a coffee-like flavor from it.

Cheesecake, ice cream cake, white cake, yellow cake...

:mellow:

The chocolate on chocolate cake with the chocolate fudge icing >>> German chocolate cake

Just now, Henry Ford said:

If you want to pretend that a trifle is actually a cake, you're entitled to, but don't bring that #### into my house.

:ptts:

Whichever one is on my plate is best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Whichever one is on my plate is best.

When you have a German chocolate cake, you are correct.  Otherwise, I'm afraid you are not.

1 minute ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

It's impossible to be correct about what cake is best unless the cake starts with 'cheese'

Cheesecake is a pie.  Come at me, bro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bull Dozier said:

What makes it German?

It's named after Samuel German.

22 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

The chocolate on chocolate cake with the chocolate fudge icing >>> German chocolate cake

This is a very popular viewpoint among people who still believe in Santa Claus.

26 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I don't know who I'm saying this to, I assume everyone already knows this.

What the ####?  No. Noooo.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  Coconut frosting is ####### gross sir.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, coyote5 said:

What the ####?  No. Noooo.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  Coconut frosting is ####### gross sir.

Ladies and gentlemen, your representative from Wisconsin.

• Laughing 1

36 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Narrowly beats out doberge cake and king cake.

With king cake, as you know from living down here, varying greatly. I will assume you mean to invoke the very best examples of the style.

1 minute ago, Doug B said:

With king cake, as you know from living down here, varying greatly. I will assume you mean to invoke the very best examples of the style.

Of course.  In all things.  Bad German chocolate cake sucks, too.

Henry is absolutely correct about this.

On the subject of cheesecake I was at a graduation this past weekend.  It was determined that we would all go to the Cheesecake Factory after for a late lunch/early dinner.  We arrive at 3:30.  They had outdoor seating for maybe 100 folks.  Sitting out there were two 20-something males with man buns.  They were each wearing sandals with socks on.  There were no other persons on the veranda. They were sharing one slice of cheesecake between them.  Two guys, two forks, one cheesecake on Friday afternoon at 3:30.  I commented on them presuming them to be gay. My nieces maintained that this was not necessarily so, laughing that I would emphasize that it was Friday at 3:30 among other evaluative factors.  I maintained my position saying that no two heterosexual males in the history of heterosexuality have ever met to share a cheesecake at Friday afternoon at 3:30.  If you meet a buddy in the afternoon, playing hookie from work, you meet for beers and wings or beers and some ribs, you do not share a piece of cheesecake between the two of you. 

Now mind you I was fine with those two fellas enjoying their Friday afternoon as they saw fit. 

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 5
  • Laughing 2

1 minute ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Henry is absolutely correct about this.

On the subject of cheesecake I was at a graduation this past weekend.  It was determined that we would all go to the Cheesecake Factory after for a late lunch/early dinner.  We arrive at 3:30.  They had outdoor seating for maybe 100 folks.  Sitting out there were two 20-something males with man buns.  They were each wearing sandals with socks on.  There were no other persons on the veranda. They were sharing one slice of cheesecake between them.  Two guys, two forks, one cheesecake on Friday afternoon at 3:30.  I commented on them presuming them to be gay. My nieces maintained that this was not necessarily so, laughing that I would emphasize that it was Friday at 3:30 among other evaluative factors.  I maintained my position saying that no two heterosexual males in the history of heterosexuality have ever met to share a cheesecake at Friday afternoon at 3:30.  If you meet a buddy in the afternoon, playing hookie from work, you meet for beers and wings or beers and some ribs, you do not share a piece of cheesecake between the two of you. 

Agreed on all fronts. 

Obviously sexuality can be fluid, and two men sharing a piece of cheesecake at 3:30 in the afternoon on a weekday are definitely sharing fluids.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

4 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I maintained my position saying that no two heterosexual males in the history of heterosexuality have ever met to share a cheesecake at Friday afternoon at 3:30.

In California, we call that Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, Phil Elliott said:

German chocolate cake probably my least favorite. Italian wedding cake might be my favorite.

Isn't that the one that's got pineapple in it and just uses whipped cream for frosting?

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

Agreed on all fronts. 

Obviously sexuality can be fluid, and two men sharing a piece of cheesecake at 3:30 in the afternoon on a weekday are definitely sharing fluids.

Now had it been two guys sharing a large chunk of German chocolate cake after a hearty helping of ribs and some beer to wash it down, well that would have indicated nothing about their sexuality, just something about their waistlines. 

Just now, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Now had it been two guys sharing a large chunk of German chocolate cake after a hearty helping of ribs and some beer to wash it down, well that would have indicated nothing about their sexuality, just something about their waistlines. 

Right.  The only thing German chocolate cake says about your sexuality is "virile."

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

In California, we call that Tuesday. 

In Great Britain they call it prep school.  As I said, no two hetero males.  We are not talking Californians or Brits.

• Like 2

Related hot take: whipped cream is not frosting, stop pretending it is.

Right.  The only thing German chocolate cake says about your sexuality is "virile."

I believe it tells you something about the throw weight of one's missile as well.  Girthy fellas eat German chocolate cake.

Just now, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I believe it tells you something about the throw weight of one's missile as well.  Girthy fellas eat German chocolate cake.

I choose to believe that this is because people who appreciate tasty food gravitate toward the best cake.

I choose to believe that this is because people who appreciate tasty food gravitate toward the best cake.

I might even choose it over pie, depending on my mood.

Driving in my Mercedes while listening to Kraftwerk, on the way to pick up a German Chocolate cake from the bakery.

• Thinking 1

Just now, Leroy Hoard said:

Driving in my Mercedes while listening to Kraftwerk, on the way to pick up a German Chocolate cake from the bakery. 

I googled that thinking it was a song lyric. :bag:

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Side note, it's my sainted Mother's favorite cake.  

Even saints make mistakes.

1 minute ago, coyote5 said:

Side note, it's my sainted Mother's favorite cake.  

Even saints make mistakes.

It's entirely possible it's not her fault you don't like German chocolate cake.  Don't assume she made any mistakes at all.

• Laughing 1

38 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

If he was really from Wisconsin his Avatar would be of the Crusher, not Rick Flair.  I am suspicious he is some Georgian transplant.

• Like 1

love me some German Chocolate cake but have you seen how some people use chocolate frosting on the sides and then the coconut frosting is just on the top?  I refuse any German chocolate cake that doesn't have the coconut frosting on the top and sides

• Like 2

It’s good. I’d put in the same tier as a few others though. 

Oh.. cheesecake is a pie. 

Edited by ffweasel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Cheesecake is a pie.  Come at me, bro.

4 minutes ago, ffweasel said:

It’s good. I’d put in the same tier as a few others though. 

Oh.. cheesecake is a pie. 

2 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

THANK YOU.

:goodposting:

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, jomar said:

love me some German Chocolate cake but have you seen how some people use chocolate frosting on the sides and then the coconut frosting is just on the top?  I refuse any German chocolate cake that doesn't have the coconut frosting on the top and sides

Who would do such a thing!

Cheesecake is a custard.

I'll take a homemade Lemon Pound Cake or Red Velvet Cake over German Chocolate all day every day. 

Coconut sucks. 

15 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Who would do such a thing!

People in Michigan, apparently.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, In The Zone said:

Cheesecake is a custard.

If the custard has a crust I consider it a pie. Pumpkin pie, coconut custard pie, etc. 

4 minutes ago, In The Zone said:

Coconut sucks. 

My wife agrees with you, but she doesn’t like peanut butter either.. So I don’t really value her opinion. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

lemon jello cake is the best cake

Jesus, man, have the decency to use an alias to say something this ridiculous.

• Laughing 3

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

People in Michigan, apparently.

I’m originally from Michigan and that can’t be true. The frosting is the best part. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1