What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

She Said "OTB, Keep The Change" (1 Viewer)

otb_lifer

Footballguy
went to a wake back in the old 'hood last night, lotta folks i haven't seen or talked to for ages - including an ex from jr/sr years in HS ... we were each other's "first"  :coffee:

i had a feeling she would be there, her family was very close to the woman who passed ... sure enuff, there she was -

our eyes met, and she motioned me out to the foyer/sitting area - she greets me with a huge hug and a juicy one on the lips - we stay embraced and exchange sweet nuffins for a minute or so .... i notice she had welled up a bit, on the verge of tears - so i just continued to hold her. 

she suggests that we meet up at the bar on the corner, tells me to meet her there, as leaving together would set tongues a waggin' (she's married).

so i duck out and hit the corner lounge... i needed to take a whiz, so i took care of that biz, then sidled up to the bar. 

she comes sauntering in a couple minutes later, we adjourn to a table, and order drinks from the waitress (Stella for ne, House white for her).

and, man, she still looks ####### amazing - 100% Italian, shiniest black hair i ever saw, and the biggest brown eyes you could hope to gaze into. 

she clasps my hand immediately, and we make with the usual talk (kids, careers, where we're living, etc) - convivial enough ... then i bring up last time we saw each other (some 25 yrs ago), and she immediately changes the subject - reaches over, touches my cheek and tells me that she never fell outta love with me. cool.

she then says that she needs to get back (we were there for roughly 15 minutes, and had both finished our drinks) - she leans over and kisses me again - then i stand up, and we hug out our goodbyes -

the waitress left the check on the table, and we paid it no mind until then ... total was $13.73.

she starts reaching into her bag, and i'm all like "nah, no way, I GOT THIS!" ... then she shoots back "NO, NO, I INSIST! you treated me sooooo many times when we were kids"

uhhhh ... kids? ####### KIDS?!?  yeah, in the grand scheme of things we were "kids" then, as per our ages now, sure ... but when she said "kids" it felt like she relegated our relationship to being in second grade with your first crush or sumthin' - #### that. 

so she puts a fifty on the bar - which i gotta believe was choreographed - yeah, she's pretty well off, but ... nuttin' but a fitty spot to plunk down?

she hugs me one more time, then begins to leave ... i say "whoa, whaddabout the change?" ... she says "eh, knock yourself out" - blows a kissy face at me, then hits the exit. gonezo. 

now, what do you think i did? (one of these is correct)

a) ran her down and flung the fitty in her face

b) told the bartender to back everyone at the bar up, on me (her)

c) i used her money to pound beers and shots 'til it was exhausted

d) i ran her down and persisted enough that she took it back

e) left it as a tip for the waitress, who i thought was very hot. 

TIA

will reveal later on.

And another man would have just kept the change, had himself a night of it, and not thought of it too much. 

The tunnels on public transportation are nothing compared to thinking too much about this. Hoo baby.

I guess I'll play. otb_lifer is a man of a weird sort of chivalry and tradition; therefore, too much honor for "c," even though I would shrug and do just that. Too much of a gentleman for "a." Hmm...I'm going with ran her down and persisted  -- and succeeded -- with the reasoning that this wasn't something that could really be bought and paid off. That it means and meant too much to settle it over a bar tab.

Well another man would have been angry, another man would have been hurt

did you stash the bill in your shirt?
i thought i made it obvious that i was riffin' off of Chapin by the thread title  :shrug:

but, still  :lmao:   well done, fellas

should have used the latter in my aborted pole choices - ####### hangover n' train  :kicksrock:

oh, did i mention that i gazed at her ### like wild man wizard upon her exit?  no? 

:ptts:

i thought i made it obvious that i was riffin' off of Chapin by the thread title  :shrug:

but, still  :lmao:   well done, fellas

should have used the latter in my aborted pole choices - ####### hangover n' train  :kicksrock:

oh, did i mention that i gazed at her ### like wild man wizard upon her exit?  no? 

Dude, I googled fake song lyrics yesterday about Kraftwerk and Mercedes-Benz in the German chocolate cake thread. I'm nothing if not willing to be gullible and take things at face value.

:lmao:

I guess I'll play. otb_lifer is a man of a weird sort of chivalry and tradition; therefore, too much honor for "c," even though I would shrug and do just that. Too much of a gentleman for "a." Hmm...I'm going with ran her down and persisted  -- and succeeded -- with the reasoning that this wasn't something that could really be bought and paid off. That it means and meant too much to settle it over a bar tab.
i will allow that "A" was my first inclination- ergo why i included the bit about her referencing our dalliance as "kids", i take my pelts very seriously, don'tchaknow ... so that, coupled with the perceived coin slag, had me tossing valor out the window ... not saying it was the final outcome, but i was hot.

when 4 correct guesses come in i'll go ... or maybe when i get wired on my client's cold brew 'round noon (itsaprotip to recovering coke addicts - cold brew coffee, not ICED, but COLD BREW, hits ya like your first line of the day).

Ossification Nation fer da hole bar! 
and she's a GASPER, MoX!  :wub:  

Ahh, I see. This really happened, but you're referencing a Chapin song (which, by the way, I just listened to. Aces.) as reminiscent of your situation last night. I see. I was confused, now I get it. 

Ahh, I see. This really happened, but you're referencing a Chapin song (which, by the way, I just listened to. Aces.) as reminiscent of your situation last night. I see. I was confused, now I get it. 
interestingly enuff, she really was gonna be an actress (her turn as Marty in the sr production of "Grease" was divoon), but ... no dice. 

me? never drove a hack - and i got wired, not stoooooned 

I was wondering if he made her spill her purse at any point, and then they laughed until they cried.
:D

one of the rummies did knock it off her chair while exiting the bathroom, was much obliged to the mendicant for allowing her to bend over, as it were   :thumbup:

Well ain't that the bee's knee's! 🐝

Seriously fella, a big six like you should have no problemo deal'n wif a four flusher like that - even if the mazuma is in her pocket.

I have to go see a man about a dog.
i figgered i'da been all wet if i pursued after she decided to ankle, ya dig? though the cancelled stamp's chicanery was pure bushwa - but rather'n gettin' all grummy i just bummed a gasp off a Joe Brooks, went back in for some panther sweat, then decided i'd tell it to Sweeney, but was too half seas ovah to pay it any mind in the wee hours. 

i figgered i'da been all wet if i pursued after she decided to ankle, ya dig?
I'm an archaeologist

though the cancelled stamp's chicanery was pure bushwa - but rather'n gettin' all grummy i just bummed a gasp off a Joe Brooks, went back in for some panther sweat, then decided i'd tell it to Sweeney, but was too half seas ovah to pay it any mind in the wee hours.
Swell. Keep punch'n the bag. I''ll be back - gotta jerk some soda.

MULTIPLE HUGS. Sidling. Sauntering. I'm in! :thumbup:  

Going with C. That's what I'd have done. Married. Dammit. 
yeahhhhh ... and her husband is heavy into construction and cement mixers, ifyaknowwhutimsayin'  🇮🇹  not that i give two #####, i've known most of his crew since grammar school, but out there in the open mandated nuttin' but hugs and sidles and asides 

I would have done “e” but I’ll go with “b”, which would be my 2nd choice

Ossification Nation fer da hole bar! 

the answer's in the name - oh, the b
as the cold brew kicks in and has me gnsshing my mandible, here we go - all the above are correct ...

after i decided i wouldn't chuck the filthy fitty in her face, i told the girl behind the stix to back up the bar (three DG rummies), came to 12 bucks ... waited for the waitress to hit her station, then deposited the remaining $38 into her tip jar (she was the only one hustlin', so no fear of some commie tip divvy) - i said "thanks for the Stella", and she asked where my friend went ... she then noticed the prodigious drop in the jar and looked like she didn't know whether to #### or shine shoes - she thanked me as if i just cured Herpes, and asked my name, etc ... i just told her i'd be back, and left it at that - if i'm not gonna slow play then i just don't play - that's my M.O.

went to a wake back in the old 'hood last night, lotta folks i haven't seen or talked to for ages - including an ex from jr/sr years in HS ... we were each other's "first"  :coffee:

i had a feeling she would be there, her family was very close to the woman who passed ... sure enuff, there she was -

our eyes met, and she motioned me out to the foyer/sitting area - she greets me with a huge hug and a juicy one on the lips - we stay embraced and exchange sweet nuffins for a minute or so .... i notice she had welled up a bit, on the verge of tears - so i just continued to hold her. 

she suggests that we meet up at the bar on the corner, tells me to meet her there, as leaving together would set tongues a waggin' (she's married).

so i duck out and hit the corner lounge... i needed to take a whiz, so i took care of that biz, then sidled up to the bar. 

she comes sauntering in a couple minutes later, we adjourn to a table, and order drinks from the waitress (Stella for ne, House white for her).

and, man, she still looks ####### amazing - 100% Italian, shiniest black hair i ever saw, and the biggest brown eyes you could hope to gaze into. 

she clasps my hand immediately, and we make with the usual talk (kids, careers, where we're living, etc) - convivial enough ... then i bring up last time we saw each other (some 25 yrs ago), and she immediately changes the subject - reaches over, touches my cheek and tells me that she never fell outta love with me. cool.

she then says that she needs to get back (we were there for roughly 15 minutes, and had both finished our drinks) - she leans over and kisses me again - then i stand up, and we hug out our goodbyes -

the waitress left the check on the table, and we paid it no mind until then ... total was $13.73.

she starts reaching into her bag, and i'm all like "nah, no way, I GOT THIS!" ... then she shoots back "NO, NO, I INSIST! you treated me sooooo many times when we were kids"

uhhhh ... kids? ####### KIDS?!?  yeah, in the grand scheme of things we were "kids" then, as per our ages now, sure ... but when she said "kids" it felt like she relegated our relationship to being in second grade with your first crush or sumthin' - #### that. 

so she puts a fifty on the bar - which i gotta believe was choreographed - yeah, she's pretty well off, but ... nuttin' but a fitty spot to plunk down?

she hugs me one more time, then begins to leave ... i say "whoa, whaddabout the change?" ... she says "eh, knock yourself out" - blows a kissy face at me, then hits the exit. gonezo. 

now, what do you think i did? (one of these is correct)

a) ran her down and flung the fitty in her face

b) told the bartender to back everyone at the bar up, on me (her)

c) i used her money to pound beers and shots 'til it was exhausted

d) i ran her down and persisted enough that she took it back

e) left it as a tip for the waitress, who i thought was very hot. 

TIA

will reveal later on.
It's either b or e.  Not quite sure $30ish is enough to back everyone at the bar, not even close and that's without knowing how many fannies were there.

So.....e.  You're a good dude and that tip means way more tot he hot waitress than it does you or others. 

as the cold brew kicks in and has me gnsshing my mandible, here we go - all the above are correct ...

after i decided i wouldn't chuck the filthy fitty in her face, i told the girl behind the stix to back up the bar (three DG rummies), came to 12 bucks ... waited for the waitress to hit her station, then deposited the remaining $38 into her tip jar (she was the only one hustlin', so no fear of some commie tip divvy) - i said "thanks for the Stella", and she asked where my friend went ... she then noticed the prodigious drop in the jar and looked like she didn't know whether to #### or shine shoes - she thanked me as if i just cured Herpes, and asked my name, etc ... i just told her i'd be back, and left it at that - if i'm not gonna slow play then i just don't play - that's my M.O.
you're no athos, Aramis!

This is kind of like when I spent that $2.78 at Wal-Mart to buy a lass a bottle of wine and started a thread about it.

Oh, it's not? Well then, carry on! 
oh yeah? 

was your thread chock full o'Sicilian milfs and comely waitresses and mendicants and misappropriated cement mixer coin?

HUH?

:coffee:

Nope and nope and nope.

That's probably why people asked me what had gone wrong in life to where I got scammed out of $2.78 for a bottle of wine that was on sale at Wal-Mart on a Friday night. 
damn, Rock ... ya couldn't spring for the box instead?

I would have sprung for the box, but she was at the register and couldn't -- I mean just couldn't -- figure out where her debit card was...

being the gentleman I am, I figured I ought oblige the young lady's scam and pony up just for the heck of it.  Mark, met, made, scheme carried out. Wry smiles abounded. 

You on the other hand, did what everyone should do with inherited money. Spend it on floozies and ne'er-do-wells.

I would have sprung for the box, but she was at the register and couldn't -- I mean just couldn't -- figure out where her debit card was...

being the gentleman I am, I figured I ought oblige the young lady's scam and pony up just for the heck of it.  Mark, met, made, scheme carried out. Wry smiles abounded. 

You on the other hand, did what everyone should do with inherited money. Spend it on floozies and ne'er-do-wells.
i will usually plunk found coin on the ponies ...but last night felt like the right move - using the ex's hubris to potentially bag a lurvely filly is poetic to me ... oh, and those rummies might as well have had nipples on their pint glasses - was evident that they were nursing 'cuz anuddah round was not in the cards (or wallets/pockets/socks/hair)

LOOK AT ME I'M BOTH BENEVOLENT AND ARROGANT!

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread