What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Rodgers in Dynasty Leagues (1 Viewer)

FantaC1

Footballguy
What are you doing with him? Are you holding on to him to get a few more years? Are you trading him away? Are you trying to get him? If you had a trade with him, what was it? 

I've had  him for a few years now in a dynasty league. I cant trade him for a ham sammitch. there are Soo many better QBs than Rodgers. It used to be he was THE guy , the LOCK for 40+ TDs. now he barely scrapes 25. he barely plays 12 games/yr. he's old, he takes hits. he has no WRs outside of D. Adams. he has no running game to speak of  - sorry A. Jones fans he's  JAG..nothing more nothing less..he might start the season but he won't finish it he'll get hurt - like he always does. 

GB has a suspect O-line, a lousy defense, Vegas o/u on wins is 9 so thats pretty much wild card material , if we catch a break here or there.. no thanks.

oh, and then there's this LaFleur thing..where'd he come from what's he ever done to deserve consideration for a HC job? Oooh , he once rode in an elevator and brushed elbows and had a cup of coffee with the God of Football, aka Sean McVay..please just stop the madness..

in the one and only year that the Disciple coached an offense and actually called plays, (ya know, because he never called a single play while coaching under the God of Football McVay) the Titans finished significantly WORSE in ever statistical category than they did the season before.

27th in points for, 25th in total yards, 26th in 1st downs, 31st in pass attmpt, 29th in pass yards, 28th in TD, 12 in INT, 20th in net yards/att. I don't care about being 9th in rush att, and 6th in yards - they have the best line in football they SHOULD run for those yards with that big-boy RB they have.

I"ll go out on a very strong, 4-ft thick limb here - LaFleur is Brian Schottenheimer. lots of fluff.lots of talk. very very bad results on the field of play.

seriously GB you fired McCarthy for THIS bozo?

eesh.

bet the farm they win 7 games in 2019. It's good that Rodgers is publicly saying he's on the same page with the HC, I like that..the HC the same guy who had the Titans at the very bottom of the heap in passing stats in 2018 the only time he's ever called plays..

worse hiring than the Giants picking that Shurmur guy to 'lead' their team. oh boy..

Last edited by a moderator:
A repost from 2014.....gee thanks
I was trying to direct you to his player thread. These questions are better asked in one thread rather than starting many threads about the same player; it clogs the first page. The last post in there was may 22, and you're likely to get more information there than starting your own thread

just trying to help :shrug:

I've been trying to shop him in a few Superflex leagues for the last couple of seasons with absolutely no joy. Got a few offers but they were usually not great. 

One offer was Rodgers and Theilen for Mariota, B. Cooks, 1.07 and 3.07 or the same offer with Rueben Foster instead of 1.07. 

I'm in a rebuild so would like to offload him soon but its looking more and more like taking less than what I would value him at. Maybe his value is just not going to get any better. 

Well he won me a ship last year when he went boffo in week 16. I had Adams and Jones active as well. He still has as much upside week to week as any QB out there. Still a hold for me until his arm falls off.

Looks like a good buy low to me. 
This has shades of Fitz coming off his 2014 season, where you couldn't get a bag of soda cans for him because he obviously had one foot in the grave - never mind that he was a first-ballot HOF talent who spent half the year banged up and the other half with Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley at QB. And anyone who bought Fitz right then turned his bag of cans into the WR6, WR11, WR5 the next three seasons.

Anyone who sells A-Rod right now is making the same mistake the Fitz sellers did four years ago. And anyone who can get A-Rod for a bag of cans should jump at the chance.

Traded him for a 1st next year (to a team I project will miss the playoffs).  ARod has some good years left, but in a start 1QB league there are only so many opportunities to sell a QB.

What are you doing with him? Are you holding on to him to get a few more years? Are you trading him away? Are you trying to get him? If you had a trade with him, what was it? 
Moved him for Luck just before Luck's injury. There were some other pieces that I forget but basically I was trying to get younger.   Eventually drafted Mahomes since I felt susceptible at QB with the uncertainty of Luck's health last summer.  Now have Mahomes and Luck and feel pretty good about it.

I have Rodgers as worth the 1.5. He's no longer an elite QB, but is still capable of an elite season. He's not a bad target for teams that are just a QB short. 

In one league I saw him get moved straight up for Mike Williams, and I think in a vacuum, I'd rather have Rodgers.

Users who are viewing this thread