What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Received wrong item..keep or return? (1 Viewer)

Do you return the Nikes and ask for the Vans or keep themore expensive shoe?

• Return

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Keep

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters

sho nuff

Footballguy
Ordered my son a pretty typical pair of vans $50...packing slip shows vans...but instead we received some Nike Air VaporMax Plus...$190

He is mad that Im saying its right to return the shoe and get what we ordered.

Ordered my son a pretty typical pair of vans $50...packing slip shows vans...but instead we received some Nike Air VaporMax Plus...$190

The life lesson might be worth more than your money but comfortably numb makes a great freaking point. Then again, these things have a way of catching up with you, too. It's generally wise to fess up and get what you paid for.

Damn.  Tough one.  I'd like to think I do the right thing and return them, but when rubber meets the road...

i voted "return" because i find the label whoring sluts who bow to the almighty NIKE god to be tedious and ####### absurd - i'd rather wrap my feet in barbed wire. 

Vans are enough of a deviation from the "LOOK AT ME AND MY AWESOME $200 KICKS!!!1!!!1!" norm, so, yeah - no brainer here. 

Not the same dollar value involved, but might want to track this recent arrest of a man who kept the wrong size TV shipped to him and is being charged with larceny: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-kept-tv-sent-mistake-arrested-larceny-misleading-police-officer-230124458.html
This is sort of what I'm talking about. These things come around in the accounting. It's like when the government sends you checks you didn't qualify for and you cashed them anyway. They generally ask for that money back when they find out the mistake. 

i bet if you call and tell them what happened there is a small chance they tell you to keep the nikes and then send you the right ones and then your honesty will be rewarded and that my friend is how karma on the path of the brohan comes around and give you a little sumpin sumpin take that to the bank bromigos 

i bet if you call and tell them what happened there is a small chance they tell you to keep the nikes and then send you the right ones and then your honesty will be rewarded and that my friend is how karma on the path of the brohan comes around and give you a little sumpin sumpin take that to the bank bromigos 
This was my thought as well. 

This was my thought as well. 
if you honestly had the same exact thought about path of the brohan and all that as the old swcer it may be against my own self interest to say this but you should probably go have a shrink check out your brain take that to the bank bromigo

keep

their mistake. 99% chance they have no clue they sent the wrong shoes and won't bother to recon the exception.

Kudos to those that said contact and return...actually ethical people.

We had already called...also +1 to all who said we might just get to keep them.

We were told to keep them if we wanted as a thank you for our honesty and if we still wanted the vans to just order another pair of them.

Now it may be ebay time for the more expensive shoes and he can get something else he wants or needs before summer camps rather than a pair of shoes he really doesn't need.  Especially since at his current rate he will be out of this size in the next 6 months.  

Last edited by a moderator:
5 years ago we ordered some new furniture for our walkout basement.  Couch, 3 chairs, 2 tables.  When I got home my wife said..I did not know your bought a new tv too.   They also dropped off a 60 inch Samsung HD thin screen with the furniture.

I have to admit is goes very nice with our new décor. :bag:

We were told to keep them if we wanted as a thank you for our honesty and if we still wanted the vans to just order another pair of them.

Now it may be ebay time for the more expensive shoes and he can get something else he wants or needs before summer camps rather than a pair of shoes he really doesn't need.  Especially since at his current rate he will be out of this size in the next 6 months.  
This is disappointing. I was hoping they'd tell you to return them so you could reply "Kiss my Converse!"  :ph34r:

Give the unwanted shoes to charity.

I'd probably have kept them, but also lied to my son telling him I called the shoe company and they told me it was ok to do so.

I suppose that makes me a thief and a liar, but hopefully puts my son on a path to be neither. :shrug:
You only lied about being a thief

/DannyOcean/

I’m clothing and keeping shoes on a 14 year old who is in a competitive marching band and drum line.  I am the charity.

We May end up selling the unwanted pair and then letting him buy what he wants. 
Not sure I understand your point, but since the shoes were given to you I guess you can do with them as you please. Hopefully you sell them for way less than retail value.

Terminalxylem said:
Not sure I understand your point, but since the shoes were given to you I guess you can do with them as you please. Hopefully you sell them for way less than retail value.
That's all he'd get anyways. Unless you're selling a Yeezy, you're not breaking even on the resale market.

You're right.

Very fair of them. Sounds like a good plan.

Keep them. By the time you are 1/2 way done with the call to India, you will have cost yourself more than the shoes are worth in aggravation. Wait for them to make the move....if they do.

if you need any other riddles solved you just let me know bromigo because that is sort of the swcers bag take that to the bank 

I’d keep them.  Trying to return them will probably be more trouble than it’s worth because there won’t be a customer service script for this
This happened to me a long time ago. Ended up being super mad about the whole process. It was absurd and of course the item got lost in the return process so I had to go through a whole 'nother process. 

So when this just recently happened to me again, I had learned my lesson previously, so right away up front I told them I am not willing to take the item somewhere to drop it off and I will not be considered the shipper on the return. They would have to call tag it and be the shipper. 

They ended up asking if I would be willing to just keep the item at same price. 

I'm disturbed by the number of "keep" responses. 
this seems to happen a lot in the sneaker forums i browse. the goodwill of letting customer keep shipping errors vs. trying to claw them back generates positive vibes for the company that keeps people coming back  :shrug:

those $200 Nike's cost Nike like $14 to make, warehouse and ship. if they sink cost on a few dozen out of the tens of thousands they ship... meh to their bottom line.

Users who are viewing this thread