What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Five-year high in approvals of citizenship? (1 Viewer)

Did i read that right? Applications are up 61%, approvals are up 32%. Is that really up, except in counting terms? 

I have 2 friends (and their families) who have processed citizenship applications this year. They were green card holders from El Salvador and Ireland that were content to keep that status indefinitely, but feared that the Trump admin could makes changes that would prevent them from maintaining their green cards. Each family had 7-10 years in this country, and have well established roots here.

So that may be a reason for the uptick. Fear of the rhetoric about immigrants that could force them to leave their homes.

wikkidpissah said:
Did i read that right? Applications are up 61%, approvals are up 32%. Is that really up, except in counting terms? 
Plus, this: applications for asylum are up 61% and interviews for asylum are down to only about 1/5 of the number performed in 2016 (assuming I've properly deduced what number they meant by "1250,000" as "125,000.")

Users who are viewing this thread