What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.01 for Hunt and 2.01? (1 Viewer)

snoochieboochies

Footballguy
Contract Dynasty, 10 team, 0.25ppr 

Current RBs - CMC, Chubb, Aaron Jones, Drake, Ajayi, Ware, Dixon.    RB Taxi - D'Onta Foreman, Penny, Jamall Williams 

I see Josh Jacobs as the obvious 1.01 but was offered Hunt+2.01 for him earlier today. 

We really need more league info, like contract and salary structures to really give good advice. If the other owner really wants Jacobs, you can likely squeeze a little more out of him and make it work.

We really need more league info, like contract and salary structures to really give good advice. If the other owner really wants Jacobs, you can likely squeeze a little more out of him and make it work.
Jacobs will cost almost the same as Hunt plus the rookie taken at 2.01. The rookie contracts start at 3 years with salary increases each year. we have the option to extend with a salary spike, but in this league grabbing a star rookie is huge. There is a free agent auction in addition to the rookie draft, and the top free agents usually go for many times what a rookie costs. Hunt or Jacobs can be kept for many many years down the road. 

I am really looking at 2020 and beyond. Which will be the better long term player. My gut tells me Hunt plus a top tier TE or QB. I should be able to grab Murray or Hockenson/Fant/Smith. 

What does the rest of your roster look like ? 

Without knowing, I can say you will find much better options @ 2.01 than Irv Smith Jr. 

What does the rest of your roster look like ? 

Without knowing, I can say you will find much better options @ 2.01 than Irv Smith Jr. 
Luck, Rivers, Big Ben

CMC, Chubb, Aaron Jones, Drake, Ajayi, Ware, Dixon.   

Keenan Allen, Cooper, Hilton, Juju, Coutee, Richardson, White

Ertz, Kittle, Willson

Taxi - Rosen, Chad Kelly, D'Onta Foreman, Penny, Jamall Williams, Lasley, Chad Williams

I have two firsts next year, likely early and late. Will more than likely be able to trade for an additional 2021 first, and I have two in 2022. 

I would rather keep the pick and get Jacobs.  In addition, as the draft gets closer the value of that pick will go up so you may be able to get more value the longer you hold. 

Unless this is a start 2TE or TE premium league, you should try and deal Ertz for help somewhere else (likely WR).

If it is start 1 TE, than you would find better use of the 2.01 than another TE (likely WR)

Ajayi, Ware, Dixon, Richardson, Lasley, CWilliams and White are all replacement level talent in a 10 teamer. None of those should ever sniff a starting lineup.

Staying put @ 1.01 is not a bad option but we know Hunt can produce stud returns in the NFL. We only hope and anticipate that Jacobs will. 

The dynasty value of both RBs is really close, so me its like getting 2.01 for free. Again, i would try to squeeze a little more value (moving up to 3.01 from your current 3rd round spot ?).

Anything on top of whats already on the table is a green light for me. The Chubb/Hunt pairing is very appealing.

Unless this is a start 2TE or TE premium league, you should try and deal Ertz for help somewhere else (likely WR).

If it is start 1 TE, than you would find better use of the 2.01 than another TE (likely WR)

Ajayi, Ware, Dixon, Richardson, Lasley, CWilliams and White are all replacement level talent in a 10 teamer. None of those should ever sniff a starting lineup.

Staying put @ 1.01 is not a bad option but we know Hunt can produce stud returns in the NFL. We only hope and anticipate that Jacobs will. 

The dynasty value of both RBs is really close, so me its like getting 2.01 for free. Again, i would try to squeeze a little more value (moving up to 3.01 from your current 3rd round spot ?).

Anything on top of whats already on the table is a green light for me. The Chubb/Hunt pairing is very appealing.
We know Hunt has produced stud returns in a very fantasy friendly offense.  We don't know if having about a year off and on a team with what appears to be a quality lead back already in the fold he will get back up to his usual self.  I would say under the current circumstances Hunt and Jacobs aren't that far off and Jacobs is essentially assured the lead back role from the get go. 

We know Hunt has produced stud returns in a very fantasy friendly offense.  We don't know if having about a year off and on a team with what appears to be a quality lead back already in the fold he will get back up to his usual self.  I would say under the current circumstances Hunt and Jacobs aren't that far off and Jacobs is essentially assured the lead back role from the get go. 
True. But we don't know if Jacobs will ever produce at this level and we know Hunt can. 

Your point about their value being near even is well taken. That is what makes the "free" 2.01 pick even more appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread