What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WHAT'S NORMAL? Do you close and lock your bedroom door? Keep it open? (1 Viewer)

When you go to bed at night, how do you keep your bedroom door?

• Closed and locked

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Closed and unlocked

Votes: 67 40.9%
  • Open

Votes: 86 52.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
Closed/unlocked. Just like I keep my closet door closed as well. Ain't no interdimensional alien freaks sneaking up on me while I sleep.

Open unless having the sex. Then closed and locked
This reminds me of my former in laws. Their house carried sound quite well and you could always tell when they went to bed and locked the door. I will never forget when the youngest daughter asked them (after a family game of pictionary) to close and lock the door every night so that it wasn't completely obvious when they were having sex. 

This reminds me of my former in laws. Their house carried sound quite well and you could always tell when they went to bed and locked the door. I will never forget when the youngest daughter asked them (after a family game of pictionary) to close and lock the door every night so that it wasn't completely obvious when they were having sex. 
We always close our door but close and lock when having sex.  We will then as discretely as possible unlock it but leave it closed.  I've assumed for a while now that the kids know what is going on but damn if they won't just walk in even if we have it closed (but unlocked).  I don't care if they know we are having sex - figure it's a good thing they know their parents love each other and have a healthy sex life.  I hope the same for them one day.

We always close our door but close and lock when having sex.  We will then as discretely as possible unlock it but leave it closed.  I've assumed for a while now that the kids know what is going on but damn if they won't just walk in even if we have it closed (but unlocked).  I don't care if they know we are having sex - figure it's a good thing they know their parents love each other and have a healthy sex life.  I hope the same for them one day.
No. Its gross

open - even with the sechs - wife likes the thrill of maybe we will get caught - 

OK - 1st floor master - kids room upstairs. Kids are old enough they aren't wandering down into our room at bed time ( if they are even home)  unless there is something seriously wrong........

Open all the time, but lately been wondering about this, thinking we need to start locking it on the off chance one of the kids walks in during teh secks.  

open - even with the sechs - wife likes the thrill of maybe we will get caught - 

OK - 1st floor master - kids room upstairs. Kids are old enough they aren't wandering down into our room at bed time ( if they are even home)  unless there is something seriously wrong........
Then who would actually catch you?

So you arent worried about them knowing you guys are in there doing the hibbity dibbity, you are just worried about them knowing how quickly it was over?

Same, but for the practical reason that it could go down any night or time, so the habit is to always close and lock once the kids are in bed. 

Open so the dog can get in/out. 

Closed if we have overnight guests. 
Closed so the dogs cannot get in lol ! Have considered leaving open and have allowed dogs in to sleep once or twice just not sure I want my 95 and 65 lb boxer /St. Bernard's to grow accustom to it. Sleep on couch with them often or at least first shift of tv/napping then head to bed.

Haven't ever considered closing the door.  Any doors actually - bathroom withstanding.  I get annoyed when the kids close their doors and (usually) open them.

we aren't door closers....it makes us feel confined or something.....and it limits the air flow which is the biggest deal for us....gets too stuffy....plus with it open I can hear whats going on better in the rest of the house if needed....just too many reasons in my mind to leave it open.....closing it for really no reason seems weird to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Its gross
I was pretty freaked out when my step daughter told my wife she can hear us through the walls at night.  She didn't tell her until she was off to college.  So now whenever she comes home and stays overnight, there is zero chance we will be messing around.  I don't think it would stop my wife, but I know how mortified I would be had I heard my parents have the sechs, I can't imagine how much worse it is in a step situation.

I voted closed and unlocked, only because none of the bedroom doors in our houses have locks.

Closed and unlocked - Closed because the cat is a little ##### at night and unlocked because the kids sometimes have nighttime issues.

Privacy down?  Open doors when you/kids are changing?
I think we're all pretty good about leaving each alone whenever we're in our rooms and we usually at least partially change in the bathroom, but I really haven't noticed nor thought about any of it til I saw this thread.  I imagine that's a good thing.

Our two youngest (3 and 6) share a room, so if they're in there and being loud then we'll occasionally ask them to close the door - depending on what we a/o our oldest (9) are doing.  All that really comes to mind though.  

No kids, so no reason to keep it locked.  I keep it closed because I like the bedroom to be much colder than the rest of the apartment.  I can't sleep unless it cold.  When I dog sit for my neighbor, the dog usually sleeps in my bedroom in her bed.  I initially let her sleep in the living room and would keep the door slightly open to keep the cold air in but allow her access, but she always wanted to sleep in the bedroom, so I just have her bed in there now.

I think we're all pretty good about leaving each alone whenever we're in our rooms and we usually at least partially change in the bathroom, but I really haven't noticed nor thought about any of it til I saw this thread.  I imagine that's a good thing.

Our two youngest (3 and 6) share a room, so if they're in there and being loud then we'll occasionally ask them to close the door - depending on what we a/o our oldest (9) are doing.  All that really comes to mind though.  
Interesting.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.  Maybe its because I'm an introvert, but I'm pretty sure my door was closed 96% of the time if I was in there alone as a kid.  My boys, 15 and 17, always have their doors closed.  I view that as their personal space, and without reason to take that privledge away, wouldn't take their privacy away.

Interesting.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.  Maybe its because I'm an introvert, but I'm pretty sure my door was closed 96% of the time if I was in there alone as a kid.  My boys, 15 and 17, always have their doors closed.  I view that as their personal space, and without reason to take that privledge away, wouldn't take their privacy away.
I imagine it'll change as the age ranges change from 3-9 to 11-17.  If they ever asked for it to be closed I'd listen.  Natural light and air flow is why I like the doors open.  It's dark and stuffy when they're closed.

Haven't ever considered closing the door.  Any doors actually - bathroom withstanding.  I get annoyed when the kids close their doors and (usually) open them.
my ####### cats also claw at the bathroom door. particularly in the morning.

if one of us goes in there and shuts the door to maintain some level of quiet & dark, cats immediately start clawing at the door. either straight scratching it, or hooking their paws under to pull at it. which doesn't sound bad but the door is just loose enough that they can tug it and rattle the door. which is loud enough to wake both of us.

and it doesn't matter if they're in the bathroom with you.. or outside trying to get in. if the door is shut they are going to try ####### with it.

only to walk in/out and then turn back around. 

they just don't like doors being shut

my ####### cats also claw at the bathroom door. particularly in the morning.

if one of us goes in there and shuts the door to maintain some level of quiet & dark, cats immediately start clawing at the door. either straight scratching it, or hooking their paws under to pull at it. which doesn't sound bad but the door is just loose enough that they can tug it and rattle the door. which is loud enough to wake both of us.

and it doesn't matter if they're in the bathroom with you.. or outside trying to get in. if the door is shut they are going to try ####### with it.

only to walk in/out and then turn back around. 

they just don't like doors being shut
Seems there is an easy solution to that issue. Then again, I can't stand cats, so...

Users who are viewing this thread