What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The United Kingdom has been our closest ally since World War II...until now. (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
Insulting the mayor of London: dumb, but don't really care.

Calling Markle nasty: misogynistic, awful, worse to lie about it when it's on tape, but not that important. 

Promoting full Brexit? Promising a new trade agreement if it happens (which Congress won't ratify)? Recommending Boris Johnson as the next Prime Minister? That's pretty serious. It's unwarranted interference in British affairs. President Trump is single-handledly destroying our 80 year relationship with our closest ally. It's stupid, dangerous, and it pisses me off that Trump supporters don't seem to give a damn.

Remember how conservatives were irate because they thought that Obama was rude to the memory of Winston Churchill? Where are they now?

Calm down, our relationship with UK will be just fine 5 years down the road, 10 years down the road, etc.

I'm not sure there will be a UK 5 years or 10 years down the road, and we're contributing to that possibility.

I have a strong feeling the UK will exist a decade from now, regardless of the current or future presidents actions.

I do not even like Trump, but this thread is a little extreme.

I have a strong feeling the UK will exist a decade from now, regardless of the current or future presidents actions.

I do not even like Trump, but this thread is a little extreme.
Well I certainly hope so. The odds are still good that this will be the case. 

But- if Trump gets his way, meaning Boris Johnson becomes PM with Farage in the wings, and there is a hard Brexit, Scotland and Northern Ireland could easily choose to go their own way.

So much of this is incorrect. Trump is only the 3rd President to be invited for a state visit to the UK. He was invited two years ago.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/view-ana-navarro-apologizes-british-trump

The liberal panel was in the midst of mocking Trump’s personal finances and skin complexion when Navarro decided it was her job to apologize on behalf of Americans.

“Just one last message to the Brits, I’m sorry,” Navarro said on the episode of the daytime gabfest that was missing co-hosts Meghan McCain and Joy Behar.

Navarro and Tara Setmayer filled in to discuss Trump’s meeting with Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace before touring Westminster Abbey on Monday. The London itinerary is part of a packed overseas agenda that includes a state dinner at the palace and D-Day commemoration ceremonies.

But “The View” panel didn’t think he has much of a reason to make the trip.

“He’s not meeting with the Prime Minister, though,” co-host Sunny Hostin said.

“There really is no political agenda,” Setmayer said. “It’s all about the grandeur of it all… he feeds off of it.”

Not sure how what you posted contradicts anything I wrote.

I'm glad Navarro apologized. Hopefully the Brits will accept it. If I had her public platform, I'd apologize too. He is such an embarrassment.
I didn't post anything to contradict you. I posted something that was relevant to his visit. Take a step back, breath, and everything will be fine with our relations with the UK.

I didn't post anything to contradict you. I posted something that was relevant to his visit. Take a step back, breath, and everything will be fine with our relations with the UK.
You need to stop with this. You do it all the time and it's condescending and insulting. President Trump, by promoting Boris Johnson, and hard Brexit, is threatening to ruin our most important relationship. This isn't a joke, its dead serious.

Meh

IMO Trump has free reign to say what he wants about London’s clown mayor after the blimp fiasco.  ALL Americans should condemn Khan for his insulting of our leader.  It’s an affront to the entire trip intended to celebrate the thousands of Americans that died at D-Day 75 years ago.  

They're still our closest ally.

Seriously, what country is more of an ally to us?
According to Trump? Maybe Russia. Saudi Arabia. Philippines. North Korea. Hungary. He has offered far more praise to the murderous dictators that lead those countries than he has to the United Kingdom.

Barack Obama had, during his Presidency, a 72% popularity rating in the UK. President Trump has a 73% disapproval rating in the UK.

They're still our closest ally.

Seriously, what country is more of an ally to us?
According to Trump? Maybe Russia. Saudi Arabia. Philippines. North Korea. Hungary. He has offered far more praise to the murderous dictators that lead those countries than he has to the United Kingdom.
Come on, Tim. Trump may be in love with Kim, but he does not consider the country of North Korea to be our ally.

Our relationship with the UK sucks right now, but they're still our closest ally.

That's because free speech isn't allowed.
Let’s try the Brits have no class.  Would any city in our country do anything that repugnant to any foreign leader?
Not only did we have major protests against the leader of Turkey, but President Trump actually allowed the Turkish secret service to attack U.S. citizens on our own soil.

That's right. Your president put his tail between his legs, rolled over, and allowed another country to supersede our sovereignty.

Barack Obama had, during his Presidency, a 72% popularity rating in the UK. President Trump has a 73% disapproval rating in the UK.
Yep. Obama took the US-UK to a whole new level with these gems... not to mention removing the Winston Churchill bust from the Oval Office. 

Barack Obama has described Angela Merkel as his “closest partner”, in words sure to be seen by some as a snub to Britain and the much-ballyhooed “special relationship”.

Before Brexit, President Obama warned Britain would go to “the back of the queue” for trade deals with the US if it voted Leave.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/special-relationship-barack-obama-names-angela-merkel-closest-international-partner/

The queen loves Trump. Who cares what some peasants like the mayor of London think. They don't matter.
Actually, the Queen doesn't matter in politics (and such an awkward handshake - as if she didn't want to touch him)

Actually, the Queen doesn't matter in politics (and such an awkward handshake - as if she didn't want to touch him)
The mayor of London and the rest of the peasants of England are the ones that don't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread