What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The United Kingdom has been our closest ally since World War II...until now. (1 Viewer)

Such irony. 

The Queen’s graceful and eloquent speech about 75 years of a special relationship, her gift to Trump of  copy of the Atlantic Charter, Theresa May’s gift of an original edition of The Second World War by Churchill: all of this was a deliberate, very subtle rebuke of the most isolationist President we have had since Calvin Coolidge, a man who has adopted Nazi lover Charles Lindbergh’s “America First” slogan as his own. Had Trump been our President in 1941 there never would have been Lend-Lease, or the Atlantic Charter; it’s likely England would have lost the war prior to Pearl Harbor. For him to be our representative at any commemoration of D-Day is a tasteless, offensive joke. 

Queen Elizabeth and May are institutionalists trying desperately to save the Special Relationship, but their efforts may very well be in vain. Let’s hope not. 
Well, yeah, but he would have threatened to impose tariffs on German cars, so none of that other stuff would have been needed.

Has to do with your behavior 
If it’s good enough for POTUS why isn’t it good enough for me?  You don’t seem to mind when he does it...applaud some of his disgusting actions even.

Or should I just tell you to “pound sand” as you did to me after I asked legitimate questions of you?

If it’s good enough for POTUS why isn’t it good enough for me?  You don’t seem to mind when he does it...applaud some of his disgusting actions even.

Or should I just tell you to “pound sand” as you did to me after I asked legitimate questions of you?
It's not good enough for anyone. It says a lot about you.

“The president's typical order at the Golden Arches is two Big Macs, two Filet-o-Fish sandwiches, and a large chocolate shake - malted, according to the book. That's a lot of calories for one meal - 2,430 in all.”
Thats all???  For all that???

You need to stop with this. You do it all the time and it's condescending and insulting. President Trump, by promoting Boris Johnson, and hard Brexit, is threatening to ruin our most important relationship. This isn't a joke, its dead serious.
This is just too rich to ignore.  The poster who is top 5 here in being condescending actually calls out another poster for doing it to him?  Ha....

This is just too rich to ignore.  The poster who is top 5 here in being condescending actually calls out another poster for doing it to him?  Ha....
And all I did was ask him to take a step back and breath. No names..nothing yet he feels it was condescending and insulting. Everyone here knows he can be over dramatic. Many people have asked to calm down. I was just trying to offer helpful advice. Our relations with the UK will still be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
And all I was was take a step back and breath. No names..nothing yet he feels it was condescending and insulting. Everyone here knows he can be over dramatic. Many people have asked to calm down. I was just trying to offer helpful advice. Our relations with the UK will still be good.
Agreed.....I certainly am not going to call his visit "dangerous" as was done.

CNN can really get into peoples heads.  

My favorite part of this is their own country is in one of the worst states its ever been

still spending all their time bashing EVIL ORANGE MAN

Isn’t it amazing how the libs get on their soapbox about being tolerant of everyone except when it comes to people that vote differently than they want?

When libs act like this their hypocrisy eliminates any credibility they hope to have.  
His voting had nothing to do with making a zinger joke.  Those jokes were funny too when they were made about Clinton.

The hypocrisy seems to be squarely with those who say nothing about Trumps behavior but complain about little jokes like that.  Also...credibility :lmao:

His voting had nothing to do with making a zinger joke.  Those jokes were funny too when they were made about Clinton.

The hypocrisy seems to be squarely with those who say nothing about Trumps behavior but complain about little jokes like that.  Also...credibility :lmao:
You think it's funny to make jokes about overweight people?

Why do you hate people that have slower metabolism so much you have to make fun of them?

Promoting full Brexit? Promising a new trade agreement if it happens (which Congress won't ratify)? Recommending Boris Johnson as the next Prime Minister? That's pretty serious. It's unwarranted interference in British affairs. President Trump is single-handledly destroying our 80 year relationship with our closest ally. It's stupid, dangerous, and it pisses me off that Trump supporters don't seem to give a damn.

I'm not sure there will be a UK 5 years or 10 years down the road, and we're contributing to that possibility.
I think you know NATO and our post WW2 institutions is a subject you and I largely agree on. Even when you and I have disagreed on stuff we've agreed on this stuff.

And I have to say my sense from this visit has been that it hasn't been so bad, not this visit exactly. I get the sense that many of our allies are in a wait and see or pause mode and hopefully this is an aberration.

But the EU-Brexit thing is potentially quite dangerous. It could indeed lead to the breakup of the UK. Northern Ireland wants to stay in its lowered border status with Ireland and Scotland wants to stay in the EU. A fractured UK would be seriously problematic for the US and would mean a weakened Europe. And Trump has indeed been pushing it while over there. - And I guess my hope is that he has apparently possibly screwed things up for the middle of the UK electorate with this idea that the NHS could be privatized and then also possibly farmed out to US management. That has got to hit like a hand grenade into the national debate. I don't think Trump supporting Brexit on the whole is really helpful to those looking for the hard break.

Libs claim to be so tolerant but then nazis want to kill them and their families and all of a sudden they are jetks!  Su h hypocrisy! 

Users who are viewing this thread