What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3 year keeper (1 Viewer)

Iain Main

Footballguy
I'm new to keeper format, and I just joined a 3 year keeper for 2 player, i was wondering what would be the best way to approach the draft. What would be the best way to structure a cheat sheet? Do I make a standard list and upgrade players under 25, or just make a dynasty cheat sheet? Any advice

I'm new to keeper format, and I just joined a 3 year keeper for 2 player, i was wondering what would be the best way to approach the draft. What would be the best way to structure a cheat sheet? Do I make a standard list and upgrade players under 25, or just make a dynasty cheat sheet? Any advice
What is the format?  Can you keep any three players for three years?  Is there a penalty for keeping (lose round drafted each year kept, salary cap, each year kept the round goes up, etc)?  Starting requirements? Roster size?  How many teams in the league?

Some of that information will be helpful to know but in general with that few keepers I treat it just like a redraft.  I wouldn't worry about forcing young players strictly on age.  I go for the best value at the time I am picking.  If I have two guys evaluated the exactly the same I might give a nod to the younger guy but it's not the end all be all.   Depending on who you are playing with you may be able to get great value with guys that are still very productive but are a bit older.  Many times new owners will go overboard on the "must take young guys" approach and forget about the current year.  Bottom line for me is with only 3 keepers I don't change anything from a re-draft and I try and take it one year at a time. 

What is the format?  Can you keep any three players for three years?  Is there a penalty for keeping (lose round drafted each year kept, salary cap, each year kept the round goes up, etc)?  Starting requirements? Roster size?  How many teams in the league?

Some of that information will be helpful to know but in general with that few keepers I treat it just like a redraft.  I wouldn't worry about forcing young players strictly on age.  I go for the best value at the time I am picking.  If I have two guys evaluated the exactly the same I might give a nod to the younger guy but it's not the end all be all.   Depending on who you are playing with you may be able to get great value with guys that are still very productive but are a bit older.  Many times new owners will go overboard on the "must take young guys" approach and forget about the current year.  Bottom line for me is with only 3 keepers I don't change anything from a re-draft and I try and take it one year at a time. 
Thanks, it's a 12 man. Very standard scoring system. So basically at the end of each each you can keep only 2 players for a max of 3 years, you can cut them after any year so start up a new 3 year deal however. You aren't handcuffed to a player for 3 years, if you keep a guy. Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread