What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 tackle projections for top 420 players (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
Was not looking to start a new thread.  We should have a thread devoted to IDP stats and have it in one easy to access post.  I can change the title if other IDP stats are added.

Small print to fit them all into one gif so zoom to enlarge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who will lead the NFL in tackles in 2019? Here are projected totals for the Top 420.

Mike Clay‏Verified account @MikeClayNFL

Who will lead the NFL in tackles in 2019? Here are projected totals for the Top 420. #ClayProjections

8:35 AM - 4 Jun 2019

Curious if he unpacks his KC projections, cause I'm not following.

If O'Daniel and Thornhill are really that low then either Lee or Ragland are going to be steal's.  And I'd bet on Lee.  Ragland sucks and despite dredge around him last year never progressed beyond part time.  Sure, the cost for Lee wasn't much, but that was at least partially fueled by Gase just not wanting him.  Opposing teams will pick this team apart if both Lee and Ragland are on the field at the same time.

I think reality is he just missed on O'Daniel and Thornhill, who will cannibalize at least some of Lee's value.  But if he's right about them not being full time players...

Both O’Daniel and Ja’Whaun Bentley seemed abnormally low. I own both of these guys in a 16 team 37 man roster league. Am I overestimating their value?

Curious if he unpacks his KC projections, cause I'm not following.

If O'Daniel and Thornhill are really that low then either Lee or Ragland are going to be steal's.  And I'd bet on Lee.  Ragland sucks and despite dredge around him last year never progressed beyond part time.  Sure, the cost for Lee wasn't much, but that was at least partially fueled by Gase just not wanting him.  Opposing teams will pick this team apart if both Lee and Ragland are on the field at the same time.

I think reality is he just missed on O'Daniel and Thornhill, who will cannibalize at least some of Lee's value.  But if he's right about them not being full time players...
Hitchens at 132 and Tyrann at 93 then two more DBs before Ragland with 67... seems reasonable for a team that is likely to be paying with a lead more often than not. 

Ranethe said:
Both O’Daniel and Ja’Whaun Bentley seemed abnormally low. I own both of these guys in a 16 team 37 man roster league. Am I overestimating their value?
The depth charts are crap shoots right now so O'Daniel is a huge question mark. I have shares and am holding but it's anyone's guess how the new 4-3 front will look for KC. 

As far as Bentley, I'd advise caution. Owning NE IDPs is generally not worth the headaches. 

So I guess the answer is yes, you are overestimating their value. Not necessarily because they won't get the opportunity to produce, but simply because right now we just don't know how either will be used.

Lee was a terrible fit in the 3-4 and could be much more valuable as a run-and-hitter in the right 4-3.  He's got some block-eaters in front of him and should be getting there clean frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread