What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official US Women's soccer thread: Gold Cup Final- US 1 - Brazil 0! (3 Viewers)

Dear Fox Sports 1,

The fake crowd noise in this morning's Italy vs Australia broadcast is way to fake.

Sincerely,

Jaysus (from the internet)

it's refreshing to watch soccer without the constant flopping  :thumbup: seems like when a girl goes down, writhing in pain, it's because she actually got booted, cleated or kicked in the face & not in a terrible attempt to draw a foul
Agreed. Though I think flipping in general is more common from South American teams. 

Argentinian women with an inspired effort in a 0-0 draw.  They were one of the last teams to qualify.  Their Keeper was outstanding in this one.  

Argentina are not very good. It’s important to get that out of the way early. Due to a host of factors not entirely in the team’s control—particularly the fact that they have only been playing together for about a year due to federation turmoil—the Albicelestes head into France with more questions than answers. And yet their very existence in the tournament, even as one of the worst teams in the World Cup, is a success worth celebrating.

After the 2015 Pan-Am Games, the broke and dysfunctional Argentina soccer federation stopped funding the women’s team for about two years. Even after a return to playing for the 2018 Copa América Femenina, players were paid late and travel expenses often went unpaid. (This problem is not exclusive to the women, as the men have also clashed with the AFA.) Despite what was essentially a two-year gap without a national team, Argentina still finished third at the Copa América, earning a spot in the CONMEBOL-CONCACAF playoff for a spot in the World Cup. They stomped Panama 5-1 on aggregate, and so they head to France as one of the final teams to qualify.

Should Argentina lose with dignity to England and Japan, and then snatch up a point against Scotland, they will have had a creditable tournament. Even earning a single point in the tournament would be the Albicelestes’ best finish at a World Cup ever. In their two previous attempts, in 2003 and 2007, they went out with zero points and an aggregate goal difference of minus-31. The aforementioned scenario would also help shine a light on the under-funded side back home. After half a decade in the wilderness, Argentina are back on the world stage, and that’s enough to celebrate, regardless of what happens in France.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Your Canadian lasses kick off in an hour.  Heavy faves vs Cameroon.  I've got them -2 in this, which is just pissing money away but I need something to root for in this one.   :towelwave:
🇨🇦  :wub:  🇨🇦

i love those gals, we snuck in an  at 32-1 for the tourney over at Ladbrokes - (my 'capping buddy has an account over there) ...  he's on them today at 1/7 vs. the Cameroon cuties. 

ETA: just checked the site, USWNT currently 1/80 vs the Thai Sticks ... are there bridge jumpers in WWC?

Last edited by a moderator:
🇨🇦  :wub:  🇨🇦

i love those gals, we snuck in an  at 32-1 for the tourney over at Ladbrokes - (my 'capping buddy has an account over there) ...  he's on them today at 1/7 vs. the Cameroon cuties. 

ETA: just checked the site, USWNT currently 1/80 vs the Trinis ... are there bridge jumpers in WWC?
You heart caca?  

books layin' 28/1 on DRAW result for Canuckies and Macaroons, 85th minute - jumped Canada at 1/14 to hold on 

I'm just going to bet the under in every game going forward.  This game is like an episode of Lost.  Nothing ever happens.

Taking Under 6 in the next one, but will be wildly rooting on our USWNT to romp (just not TOO much romping)....

I would not, no....but they are going to trounce this Thai team.  The line is -5.5 :lmao:
our contact over there who places our bets claims that he is aware of a couple intrepid bastids who laid it down - easiest money they'll ever make - i mean, the Thai Stix vs. our gals? srsly?

no such thing as a sure thing 'til there is a ... sure thing. 

Looked like that might have gone in if she just left it alone.

ETA: Also LOL this keeper is terrible at balls in the air, just keep sending 'em in there.

Users who are viewing this thread