What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official US Women's soccer thread: Gold Cup Final- US 1 - Brazil 0! (3 Viewers)

And again... The US beat the best to do this, no skating by through an easy path. Spain, France, England and now the Euro champs.... All solid.
Even when the US received a fortunate call or two, you can't say anything since they were almost always the better team in the game.

Very solid and complete performance.

Hopefully this will do more than just create a cash grab victory tour to help the women's side of the game grow.

Fun tourney. Women played great. I hope they get paid. 
They may be forced to strike.  They just signed the CBA two years ago and it runs for another 3 years.  Hopefully something can be mediated that is fair.  They need to have it happen in the next 4-6 weeks before people move on to something new once the news cycle changes.

not to be selfish here, but ...

THAT SECOND GOAL CLINCHED ME $1,076 IN WINNINGS FOR TODAY!!!

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

💜🖤

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

:pickle:
full disclosure , as usual  :D

waited about 5 minutes after the match started to plunk, was hoping to grab USWNT below -200 ... soon as it hit -190 i slammed it. 

then jumped on the over 1.5 at -115 

then 37 minutes in i dropped another $150 on USWNT at -140 ... then used my last $50 to drop $25 apiece on Draw at +235 and the Dutch at +600 - had to hedge - #### it. 

anyways ... i am now full on hooked on footy wagering - this is a hell of a gig to play with, and it all started with this WWC - glad i jumped in here, this was a ####### BLAST, soup to nuts! 

once again - THANK YOU, LADIES!  

and thanks to you lot for all the goodness up in this mutha - yer all aces in my book  :towelwave:

full disclosure , as usual  :D

waited about 5 minutes after the match started to plunk, was hoping to grab USWNT below -200 ... soon as it hit -190 i slammed it. 

then jumped on the over 1.5 at -115 

then 37 minutes in i dropped another $150 on USWNT at -140 ... then used my last $50 to drop $25 apiece on Draw at +235 and the Dutch at +600 - had to hedge - #### it. 

anyways ... i am now full on hooked on footy wagering - this is a hell of a gig to play with, and it all started with this WWC - glad i jumped in here, this was a ####### BLAST, soup to nuts! 

once again - THANK YOU, LADIES!  

and thanks to you lot for all the goodness up in this mutha - yer all aces in my book  :towelwave:
Congrats on the hit! 🤘🏼

Very sharp. I’m getting a #15 jersey with the 4th star. 😍
LOL, but I do believe you're serious. Maybe you can get a Sue Bird jersey (full disclosure: I'm a CT native through and through who watched the UCONN 2004 WCBB team and thought that was pretty much the height of women's sports up until then.)

I'd probably get USA's #13 if indeed I was impelled or compelled to wear a shirt. Good day for women's soccer in the USA, really. 

Parade here on Wednesday - dear lord i hope i can be in the City, been in Queens too damn long - might not get within 20 yds of the ladies if i do make it. 

⚽

NWSL needs to strike while the iron is hot.  This is a good start:

Two days ago, they announced a deal with ESPN to get some games televised in the second half of the season. This was critical since Lifetime dropped the league this year and they had no national coverage.

Yesterday Budweiser stepped up to become a sponsor of the league as the first beer sponsor in the leagues short history.

Two days ago, they announced a deal with ESPN to get some games televised in the second half of the season. This was critical since Lifetime dropped the league this year and they had no national coverage.

Yesterday Budweiser stepped up to become a sponsor of the league as the first beer sponsor in the leagues short history.
Start putting the players on the back of Bud cans. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@BrodyLogan: Here's where you can cheer on your favorite #USWNT stars after the #FIFAWWC in the NWSL (1/2)

Chicago:
Morgan Brian, Julie Ertz, Alyssa Naeher, Casey Short

North Carolina:
Abby Dahlkemper, Crystal Dunn, Sam Mewis, McCall Zerboni

Orlando: Ashlyn Harris, Alex Morgan

@BrodyLogan: Portland: Adrianna Franch, Tobin Heath, Lindsey Horan, Emily Sonnett

Seattle/Tacoma: Allie Long, Megan Rapinoe

New Jersey: Carli Lloyd

Salt Lake City: Kelley O’Hara, Christen Press, Becky Sauerbrunn

Washington DC: Rose Lavelle, Mallory Pugh
Dumb question: are best women’s players don’t play overseas?

Dumb question: are best women’s players don’t play overseas?
some do as a second job.  The money is not good any where.  NWSL* pays as much or more than Europe so the best players mostly come here to play.

This may change in the coming decade as some of the European men's team are starting to fund the women's game (picture something like the WNBA in its early days where the NBA teams funded the whole league.  This has changed over the years though).

*For the USWNT players, their NWSL salaries are covered by US Soccer which gives them some impetus to stay as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: Zow
My favorite / best players of the tournament:

Lavelle, Bronze, Henry, Christiane, Ertz, Spitse, Hermoso

I'm sure I'm missing some. Didn't watch enough of Sweden to get a feel for that team.

While this tournament showed the rise of the European teams and how far they've come in a decade, it was obvious from the start that no country could match the depth of talent of the US. Even when bringing on subs, theist subs were better than the starters for the other countries. It's probable that the US had the first and second best squads in the tournament.

I had to watch the Thorns game Friday on Yahoo Sports App via Roku.  It was less than ideal.  Glad things look to be improving.

Users who are viewing this thread