What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official US Women's soccer thread: Gold Cup Final- US 1 - Brazil 0! (1 Viewer)

It's  disingenuous to equate goals with great play is all I'm saying. I can't convince my wife of this either.  So like her, I'll give up and agree with you. Rapinos the MVP.
She’s played poorly at times but has also come though with some gigantic goals. Both things can be true. :shrug:

US players have to stay on their feet when tackled and hope they don't get hurt...riding the challenge is obviously not helping get the calls.

Keep finding space down the wings, which has been working, but need to commit players to get in the box to receive the cross.

Let's get Press in there to help stretch the field. 

Do they correct fouls and cards retroactively with var? If not what's the point of it really?
This was the definition in the men's WC.

The VAR can help with four match-changing situations as listed by Fifa:

1. Goals and offences leading up to goals ­ – was the ball out of play in the build-up or was a player offside? Was there a foul by an attacking player or offside interference?

2. Penalty decisions and offences leading up to penalties ­ – was there a foul leading up to the penalty or by the attacking player? Was the foul outside the box, was the ball out of play or was there an attacker offside?

3. All direct red card incidents

4. All cases of mistaken identity

After the US had that long segment of domination, I thought the Dutch looked much better and may have out played the US in the last 10-12 minutes.

It does have that feel that the longer it goes 0-0, the more likely the Dutch can pull off an upset.

Last edited by a moderator:
After he US had that long segment of domination, I thought the Dutch looked much better and may have out played the US in the last 10-12 minutes.

It does have that feel that the longer it goes 0-0, the more likely the Dutch can pull off an upset.
As long as it's zeroes, the counterpuncher has a shot. And theyve shown the quality to get forward well.

As long as it's zeroes, the counterpuncher has a shot. And theyve shown the quality to get forward well.
The formula looks right for now.  Compact and organized defense.  Solid goal keeper and a fast player to play a long ball to.

One goal by the US will change everything.

It is interesting though that this game is playing out how the Dutch have played not how the US have played this tournament.  Every game the Dutch have played has been level at half.  Every game the US has played has seen them score by at least the 12th minute and they have led all but 1 game at half.

US could have 3-4 goals already. This hasn't been that close.
I agree. But the US has to be feeling a bit of pressure. The Dutch looked good at the end of the half. 

Man early US goal I think pushes this to no be close at the end but if it gets to the 75th I think it’s a coin flip. 

Users who are viewing this thread