What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Active Career Leaders in Receiving Yards - who is #4? (1 Viewer)

rzrback77

Footballguy
It is no surprise that Larry Fitzgerald who has spent his entire career (15 years) with the Arizona Cardinals is #1 among active players. Fitzgerald has 16,279 receiving yards and is #2 all-time, but well behind Jerry Rice. Brandon Marshall is next at 12,351 yards (22nd overall), but will not be counted here as he is all but retired. Likewise, Antonio Gates at 11,841 yards (28th overall) is likely retiring before 2019 and will also not be considered here. Antonio Brown will be considered 2nd here and he has 11,207 yards (34th overall) in nine NFL seasons. Next at 3rd with 10,731 yards (39th overall) in eight NFL seasons is Julio Jones. 

Who is 4th?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, left off Witten as he was not bolted on the website pro-reference since he did not play last year.

Stephen Holloway said:
This is the correct response but he is actually 4th as I left off Witten.

This was shocking to me.
That is pretty surprising. I suppose the guy behind him is a little surprising, too.

My guess was DeAndre Hopkins, but he's a few spots down.

Also surprising was how low Edelman is. I would have guessed he'd be well over 5,390 so far.

That is pretty surprising. I suppose the guy behind him is a little surprising, too.

Also surprising was how low Edelman is. I would have guessed he'd be well over 5,390 so far.
And people (probably mostly Bostonians) are seriously talking this dude for HoF.

5390 rec maybe....

Stephen Holloway said:
It is no surprise that Larry Fitzgerald who has spent his entire career (15 years) with the Arizona Cardinals is #1 among active players. Fitzgerald has 16,279 receiving yards and is #2 all-time, but well behind Jerry Rice. Brandon Marshall is next at 12,351 yards (22nd overall), but will not be counted here as he is all but retired. Likewise, Antonio Gates at 11,841 yards (28th overall) is likely retiring before 2019 and will also not be considered here. Antonio Brown will be considered 2nd here and he has 11,207 yards (34th overall) in nine NFL seasons. Next at 3rd with 10,731 yards (39th overall) in eight NFL seasons is Julio Jones. 

Who is 4th?
I haven't looked for the answer or read any other posts but if we're including TEs I'd have to assume the answer is Witten. Otherwise I'm going with Hilton.

And people (probably mostly Bostonians) are seriously talking this dude for HoF.
Tony Romo planted the seed at the end of the SB. Unfortunately for Edelman, unless he does something crazy this year I think he falls just short.

Welker was the better player, imo. 

I inadvertently left off Witten, so the actual active player was 5th as Witten was above him and the answer was DeSean Jackson.

Users who are viewing this thread