What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 FBG Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

My dead money is pretty extravagant right now, lol:

RB - Darwin Thompson

WR - Josh Gordon, Chris Hogan, Travis Benjamin, Josh Reynolds

K - Ryan Succop

I've used all other 24 players at least once...

Still in, made the cut by like 2 points last night...

I'm here to declare myself a contender, averaging just under 202/week. Obvious weakness is TE, survived w/out one in week 6, need Waller to stay healthy above all else. I've been a sucker for Reed for years...when will I learn?

Other than that I feel like I nailed QB/RB/WR. Can't imagine many other teams have a four horse RB combo that rivals mine.

QB  Lamar Jackson  (5)           $12  

QB Tom Brady  (2)                    $11 

RB Christian McCaffrey (5)      $35   

RB Dalvin Cook         (7)            $24    

RB Josh Jacobs      (4)              $20   

RB Chris Carson      (4)              $18   

RB Frank Gore         (2)               $4    

WR Stefon Diggs       (4)             $23  

WR Cooper Kupp       (5)             $20  

WR Tyler Lockett       (4)              $19  

WR Dede Westbrook    (3)           $13  

WR Michael Gallup       (4)           $10  

TE Jordan Reed          (0)             $12   

TE Darren Waller          (6)            $8   

K Mason Crosby        (3)               $5    

K Matt Prater             (4)                $4   

D Seattle Seahawks   (3)               $5   

D Carolina Panthers   (3)               $4   

D Cincinnati Bengals  (1)               $3    

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm here to declare myself a contender, averaging just under 202/week. Obvious weakness is TE, survived w/out one in week 6, need Waller to stay healthy above all else. I've been a sucker for Reed for years...when will I learn?

Other than that I feel like I nailed QB/RB/WR. Can't imagine many other teams have a four horse RB combo that rivals mine.

QB  Lamar Jackson  (5)           $12  

QB Tom Brady  (2)                    $11 

RB Christian McCaffrey (5)      $35   

RB Dalvin Cook         (7)            $24    

RB Josh Jacobs      (4)              $20   

RB Chris Carson      (4)              $18   

RB Frank Gore         (2)               $4    

WR Stefon Diggs       (4)             $23  

WR Cooper Kupp       (5)             $20  

WR Tyler Lockett       (4)              $19  

WR Dede Westbrook    (3)           $13  

WR Michael Gallup       (4)           $10  

TE Jordan Reed          (0)             $12   

TE Darren Waller          (6)            $8   

K Mason Crosby        (3)               $5    

K Matt Prater             (4)                $4   

D Seattle Seahawks   (3)               $5   

D Carolina Panthers   (3)               $4   

D Cincinnati Bengals  (1)               $3    
This team has a serious chance to make the final 250 and be dangerous in weeks 14-16.

Best of luck!

Awards and notable teams of the week.

NOTE: Calcomatic has a couple errors this week: the Lions defense scored 0, not 2, and the Titans defense scored 3, not 5.

Strongest Living Team: After a low-scoring weak, the number of teams averaging over 200 points dropped from 234 to 64. Entry 107906 retook the lead this week, at 217.41, more than 5 points ahead of 2nd place. As of this week, no teams have cleared 200 every week.

Strongest Dead Team: chas23 (Entry 105369), who died last week, is the only dead team averaging over 200. Their 202.02 puts them in 48th overall.

Keep Your Day Job Award:  Entry 105433 is averaging 106.76 per week and is the worst non-gimmick team. For the record, the worst team overall is still Entry 111816, a 15-QB team that is averaging 79.57.

Safest Team: We broke the 50 point barrier this week. The safest team in the contest is boujey (Entry 108041), who have cleared the cutoff by at least 48.1 points every week. Last week’s leader, Entry 103256, was the last team in the contest to score over 200 every week and had never cleared by less than 63 points, but they plummeted down into the 140s this week.

Just Skating By Award: Entry 106953 retains control in this category as the team living closest to the edge. This team has cleared the cutoff by 11, 8.2, 0.9, 4.9, 4.8 and 4.5 points.

Steady Eddie Award: The lowest standard deviation leapt from 1.8 to over 4 this week. Two teams have standard deviations under 5: Fist (Entry 100107, standard deviation of 4.08), who died way back in week 2, and Entry 111729 (4.59), who remains alive.

Icarus Award: This one’s kind of amazing. Through 6 weeks, Entry 11101 was averaging over 208 points per week, good for 30th overall. In week 7, they scored 99.45, better than only 801 of the 12,583 original entries. Now that’s what I call crashing and burning. Having McCaffrey and Chubb on bye certainly didn’t help.

Would Coulda Shoulda Award: Entry 102283 was eliminated in week 2. Since then, that team has averaged nearly 193 points per week, good for 106th overall over weeks 3-7. They also topped 200 week 1, when nobody was eliminated. Bummer.

Notable Teams:

QBs:  Entry 107204, the 11-QB team that wouldn’t die, finally died. All 41 teams with 7 or more QBs are now dead. There are three 6-QB teams still alive (out of 32 originally).

RBs: No change: Sugarbears (Entry 100544), the last surviving 12-RB team, is still with us.

WRs: We’ve gone from five down to three living 12-WR teams.

TEs: No change: Of five 6-TE teams, two are still alive: MrScamper (Entry 101440) and Drunk with Power (Entry 104883).

PKs: No change: Of 21 teams with 7 or more kickers, only Entry 112043 remains (with exactly 7).

DEFs: Three 6-DEF teams still around.

And me, you ask? I’m alive and doing great: I’m in 246th overall.

More to come later...

And now the players:

Eliminated Players: Two more gravestones went up this week, for Alfred Blue and Hakeem Butler. That makes 6 players that can’t be found on any living rosters. Up next could be Jerick McKinnon, who was rostered on 29 teams, of which all but one have died (that’s a 3.4% survival rate). Good luck to you, Entry 104959!

The Biggest Mistake: Melvin Gordon and Saquon Barkley are on the field, but most of the damage was already done. Only 7.8% and 8.8% respectively of their original rosterers are still with us (the overall survival rate is 31.8%).

The Survivor: There are four players left with survival rates over 50%. Three of them won’t surprise you: Darren Waller at 53.5%, Austin Hooper at 52.1%, and Chase Edmonds at 51.3%. The fourth is the inimitable Zach Zenner, who actually managed a positive score (1.2) this week! Two of his four owners are still around, putting his survival rate right at 50%. And one of those living owners (Entry 107632) actually used him this week, with their other RBs (McCaffrey and Kamara) out. That keeps Zenner from being this weeks Parasite Award winner.

The Bargain: Take your pick: Waller ($8, 3133 teams) or Edmonds ($6, 263 teams). I’m not counting Zenner because I’m just not. Among $3 players, Zane Gonzalez is over 40% survival and the Jets defense is over 35%. The best non-Zenner-non-kicker-non-defense $4 player is Terry McLaurin; just over 40% of his owners are still around.

The Parasite:  Thirty-four players in the contest have not managed to score a single point so far this season. Exactly one of them has an above-average survival rate: Chris Herndon, at 34.6%.

The Martyr: Three players are averaging over 30 points per week. Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson have survival rates of 40.4% and 41.3%. Poor Deshaun Watson is at 24.6%. The non-QB martyr is Christian McCaffrey, who’s averaging over 23 points per week even when we count in his bye week zero, and yet only 25.1% of his owners are still alive.

Only have CJ Uzomah left as dead money and he almost counted last week until MVS beat him out by a point on MNF. 

Kicking off week 8 with MIN vs WAS.  Cutting down to 3100 teams.

QB - Cousins (271), Keenum (45), Haskins (24) - Cousins was the 17th most common QB from the start.  He will most likely be without Thielen, but has been on fire the last 3 games (300+ yards in each, along with 10 TD's).  By all accounts, he should have a good game, unless MIN decides to run it 100 times.  Believe it or not, MIN has given up the same number of passing TD's (14) as WAS.  This bodes well for Keenum, but without a running game, Keenum could be in for a long night.

RB - Cook (1292), Mattison (414), Guice (94), Thompson (34), Peterson (33) - Cook will easily be the biggest line mover on Thursday Night.  Peterson says he will play, but even if he does, he is facing a stout run D and is so rare, he will move the line about as much as Guice.  BTW, how in the hell does Guice have a better survival rate than ADP?

WR - Thielen (490), Diggs (182), McLaurin (167), Quinn (135), Richardson (50), Beebe (19), Doctson (2) - Looks like the only common WR will be sitting.  The rarity of the remaining WR's won't factor too much for the cut. 

TE - Rudolph (190), Davis (52), Reed (28) - Kyle had only 9 catches for 72 yards and no TD's in his first 6 games, then finally had a fantasy relevant game last week.  It's safe to say the TE position won't be pushing the cut line.

K - Bailey (459), Hopkins (35) - Bailey was the 7th most common kicker from the start, and will make a dent in the cut.  Hopkins is too rare to matter.

D - MIN (123), WAS (54) - Too rare to make a difference.

Thielen officially out. Damn could have used him this week.

only 1 QB, 3 WR and 2 TE going this week. All 6 RB available though.

Thielen officially out. Damn could have used him this week.

only 1 QB, 3 WR and 2 TE going this week. All 6 RB available though.
See, now my gut tells me there should be no way you'll advance this week with such a small pool of players from which to score. It'll be interesting to see how you do...

Factoring in all my byes and injuries, this week I have:

QB Philip Rivers, Matthew Stafford

RB Marlon Mack, Austin Ekeler, Duke Johnson, Devin Singletary, Darwin Thompson

WR Chris Godwin, Larry Fitzgerald, Ted Ginn Jr., Taylor Gabriel, Mecole Hardman, Josh Reynolds, Chris Conley

TE Vance McDonald

K Matt Gay, Zane Gonzalez

DEF Tennessee Titans, Carolina Panthers, SF 49ers

15 skill players might not be enough given I lack "studs"...

of my 30 player roster, only 20 available this week...and two of them are still dead money...

Kicking off week 8 with MIN vs WAS.  Cutting down to 3100 teams.

QB - Cousins (271 - 14.45), Keenum (45 - 6.50), Haskins (24 - 0.65)

RB - Cook (1292 - 25.60), Mattison (414 - 7.40), Peterson (33 - 11.30)

WR - Diggs (182 - 21.30), McLaurin (167 - 7.90), Quinn (135 - 2.50), Richardson (50 - 6.40)

TE - Rudolph (190 - 6.20)

K - Bailey (459 - 16.00), Hopkins (35 - 10.30)

D - MIN (123 - 8.00), WAS (54 - 5.00)
Only 2361 entries scored points, so the cut is still zero.

This is probably my final week..... tried the 2 QB route for the first time ever and will now have to make it through without a QB score in week 8( dak-bye and Big Ben). At least Dalvin cook got me off to a good start!!! Only Dallas D on bye, besides Dak, and Josh Gordon as dead money. Fingers Crossed!!

See, now my gut tells me there should be no way you'll advance this week with such a small pool of players from which to score. It'll be interesting to see how you do...
Probably going to be close. Goff and David Montgomey helping the cause so far

I’m on to next week.  172 after the early games with Duke/Deebo/Juju -3.4 (and -15 if it gets to that) plus all of Waller.  First week I’ve had to survive a QB bye with Lamar out.  Sorry TB12, you’re not outscoring Danny Dimes.

I still think that eventually, my lousy defensive choices (2 points this week) will be my undoing. 

Easily the smallest I’ve ever gone.

QB - Drew Brees - 16
QB - Matthew Stafford - 10

Old reliables. Felt like Stafford and Detroit as a whole was big value with their talent and early bye.

RB - Nick Chubb - 25
RB - Mark Ingram - 20
RB - Derrius Guice - 17
RB - Jalen Richard - 9
RB - Darwin Thompson - 5

As a Saints fan, I believe Ingram + Baltimore is a match made in heaven. Guice will be everything in DC. 

WR - Mike Evans - 27
WR - Tyler Lockett - 19
WR - Allen Robinson - 17
WR - Dede Westbrook - 13
WR - Josh Gordon - 6

All number ones with red zone priority.

TE - George Kittle - 25
TE - T.J. Hockenson - 10
TE - Mark Andrews - 9

Kittle and Andrews should be heavily targeted. Hock May be what Staff has dreamed of.

PK - Justin Tucker - 7
PK - Matt Prater - 4

TD - Philadelphia Eagles - 6
TD - Dallas Cowboys - 5
Somehow this roster is still alive... survived no QB in week 5 and essentially no RB last week. 

Ghost entry would be at 146.35 + (Conner/Gesicki - 11.40/12.30)

Carr would've used for the 2nd week in a row (it is a bit of dubious thing when someone gets used for the first time in your elimination week).

Reynolds in line to do stuff for the owners that survived and have him - and there are very few of those :kicksrock:

Ghost entry would have officially used everybody.  I always track after the "one bad week"  - given there's always that chance that ya just get an unlucky combination of circumstances.  I am bit more irked at this elimination compared to others as I liked the team I put together - will randomly throw in a post-mortem somewhere in here when I get around to it.

Good luck to those sweating the Turk!!!

-QG

Danny Dimes out scores Watson again, and I’m on to week 9. Survived no Zeke/M.Andrews, but next week I’ll be without Julio. Good luck to all sweating the Turk! 

Cutline sitting at 132.90 heading into Monday Night...

QB - Roethlisberger (277), Fitzpatrick (78), Rosen (33)

RB - Conner (196), Samuels (94), Ballage (70), Drake (39)

WR - Smith-Schuster (431), Moncrief (269), Washington (133), Wilson (133), Parker (86), Grant (30)

TE - McDonald (212), Gesicki (25)

K - Boswell (536), Sanders (51)

D - PIT (169), MIA (36)

You know you are in trouble when you need to rely on Jaylen samuels to score 15-20 in order to make it through.  Only positive is he has relatively low ownership, so if he does get it, I can squeak by.

Was a fun run. 

For those hanging in there but hating your team, let me remind you about last year's winner...

- Derrick Henry was sitting at RB39 after 13 weeks, with a weekly average of 7 PPG.  He didn't even crack double digits until week 7.  Henry then blew up in the finals, scoring more points in those 3 games than he had in the first 13 combined.

- Alex Collins was basically TD dependent.  He was a respectable RB18 after the first 9 weeks, but finished as RB44 after getting only 7 more carries in week 11.

- As the most expensive TE, Gronk hit double digits just twice in the last 10 games of the contest, along with 5 goose eggs.  He was TE21 from week 7 on.

How this team survived to make it to the finals (and ultimately win) was nothing short of a miracle.  He made the cut by 4 pts in week 12, thanx to CMC's 41 point game.  Then in week 13, he made it by less than 2, thanx to Mahomes and his 43 points.

Quite possibly the most impressive thing about this team is the fact that it was an 18-player roster.  He was only carrying 4 RB's, two of which cost him $42 and were, by all accounts, big busts.  Do you think this guy really thought he had a chance heading into week 14?

If you are still alive, be thankful you have lived to see another week, and remember, anything can happen.

P.S.  Duke Johnson will be on the winning team   :lmao:

I have Duke Johnson...

22 points about the cutline at 154 and have Vance McDonald tonight +/-0. On to next week.

Josh Reynolds finally counted for me, so my dead money is down to three guys on IR and Ryan Succop who should be back next week.

I’ve been rolling so far this year, closest cut for me was 21 points.  Thought I was dead early on due to my QB situation.  Would be nice to get a  score from Hill or Herndon at some point.  

QB: Carr (7), Darnold (1), Foles (0)

RB: Cook (8), Chubb (6), Sanders (4), Breida (2), J. Hill (0)

WR: Julio (7), Godwin (6), Lockett (6), Westbrook (4), Gallup (2)

TE:  Waller (7), Hockenson (4), Herndon (0)

K: Gay (4), Prater (4), Carlson (0)

DEF: NYJ (4), DET (3), TB (1)

I'd give up on this now, but I think I have the one player in tonight's game who may save me in James Conner.

Current projected cut: 132.9

My current points: 122.9

James Conner (-3.10) need to outpace the cut line by exactly 10 points plus the -3.10 differential on my flex.

Users who are viewing this thread