What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

TheWinz said:
Well, you can only use 2 players from each team for every week, except the SB, where all players finally count.  If you can avoid spending alot on the 4 teams that lose in week 1, you will be set up well for week 2 onward.
We just need it to be like the year (either 2 or 3 years ago) where TY Hilton scored enough points in week 1 BY HIMSELF to advance anyone who had him...

The tool I built for this is actually set up to answer exactly these kinds of questions, but TBH I've found it too much of a pain in the butt to go through and figure out who's in and who's out each week, especially with the return from IR option that exists now. But maybe I'll try to figure it out this week, since you asked so nicely. :)
Well maybe as a start we could do it just based on bye week?  I'm definitely curious how many $ teams have on bye this week (amongst the remaining 1000).

What do you call a med school graduate with a C average?     Doctor!

Still alive and kicking at spot 1,000 with lowest passing grade of 149.60. No QB for week 12, but I get my RBs back, so there's hope. I don't recall being in it beyond week 3 in prior years, this is fun to watch.
please link your team so we can sweat you.

Cut line sits with Duke at 3.50.  With such low ownership, only 217 entries are ABOVE the line, while 441 entries are ON the line.  Bring on Sunday!

QB - Watson (25 - 26.90)

RB - Johnson (586 - 3.50), Hyde (18 - 6.70), Hines (3 - 7.10)

WR - Hopkins (34 - 27.40), Fuller (31 - 21.00), Stills (15 - 1.60), Hilton (2 - 4.80)

TE - Doyle (33 - 7.30), Ebron (2 - 10.40)

K - Vinatieri (27 - 5.60), Fairbairn (25 - 9.10)

D - IND (31 - 3.00), HOU (23 - 1.00)

Stray Doug said:
Well maybe as a start we could do it just based on bye week?  I'm definitely curious how many $ teams have on bye this week (amongst the remaining 1000).
Okay, here's what I've done. I've tagged all players who are on IR, who are listed as "out" or "doubtful" as of this morning (there weren't any doubtfuls in the pool), who are retired (Luck and Gronk), who are free agents (here's where it's possible I've missed a signing or a cutting), and who are on bye this week. I only looked at living teams.

Our old friend solgrun, Entry 106155, who I prematurely declared dead a couple weeks ago, leads the pack with 11 players unavailable this week (Rivers, Stafford, Mack, Ekeler, Thompson, Kirk, Fitzgerald, Hardman, Benjamin, Hogan (still on IR as far as I can tell), Gonzalez).

Feldy (Entry 106876) is missing only 7 players, but they amount to a whopping $131 of salary. Rostering Cousins, Cook, Ekeler, K. Allen, Thielen and Kirk probably should've sent up some red flags before the season started. Hooper just adds, well, injury to injury.

On the flip side, there are 8 teams who go into this week with their entire rosters available. The champion here is Entry 109546, who has a 25-player roster.

The average team has 3.80 players unavailable this week and $51.90 of wasted salary. I'm a bit worse than average: 4 unavailable players and $69 (nice) of wasted salary.

If we go by Woody Allen's maxim that 90% of success is just showing up, the 500th team by unavailable players is at 4, and the 500th team by wasted money is at $51, so if you're above those numbers, you could be in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome tyvm for that.  I'm at 4 players worth $59 unavailable... so a bit on the wrong side of 500... but close enough that there's hope.  Kittle is my only active TE (Kelce on bye) so really need him to show up and have a solid game.  Other concern is at RB... Breida out, Duke stunk, and Ekeler on bye leaves me with just CMC (who should of course put up numbers) and for RB2 need a decent game from Singletary.

Facts about defenses thus far...

- NE (129) has a 22 point lead over 2nd place SF.  Just how good has NE been?  They have doubled the points of 15 other teams, and tripled the points of 4 more.

- MIA has 33 total points through 10 games played.  Their highest week was 7 points.  They are one of only 4 teams who have not scored double digits in a week.

- PIT scored double digits 7 consecutive weeks (not counting their week 7 bye).  24 teams have yet to score double digits in consecutive weeks.

- CHI, the most expensive and 8th most common D, have scored over 7 just twice.  27 other teams have reached that mark.

- DEN is 1 of only 2 teams with multiple goose eggs.  Incredibly, they started the season with 3 in a row.

- ATL is the other multiple goose egg team, and they have 3 also.  In a 6-week span, without a bye, they scored a total of 5 points.

- DAL & CLE may be the biggest disappointments.  They were the 1st and 4th most common, and are tied for 22nd with 56 points.

And here is my favorite...

- The $9 combo of NE & SF has netted 177 points thus far.  Here is a $152 combo that has netted 1 point LESS:  CHI, LAR, BAL, NO, JAX, MIN, LAC, PIT, BUF, CLE, HOU, DEN, KC, SEA, TEN, GB, DAL, IND, WAS, ATL, NYG, OAK, DET, ARI, MIA, NYJ, TB, and CIN.

Well sadly, this is my stop. 20 points down after the 1:00 games, but not enough horses left to get me back into it.

This is my longest run, and like every year, I’ve learned more things that should help me next year.

I’ll continue lurking, but I’ll leave y’all with my annual wish that the winner comes from this board.  Best of luck to all who remain.

I'm at 155 but only have LJax and Andrews left, would hope I'm safe with only 4 games left, but who knows.

Will have to see how high the cutline moves....

Ghost entry struggling: 107.65 + (LJax/Brady - 6.45) + (AJ Brown/Reynolds - 4.10/5.90/12.20) + (Andrews - 4.10/5.90/13.30)

Good luck to those actually still in the contest!

-QG

Going into Sunday night I am 3.7 below the cut line at 118.1 but will get full points from Lamar/Goff and Andrews on Monday 

This is a nail-biter for me. I'm 6.75 above the cutline, but I only have (Andrews - 4.8) remaining.

Hey everyone 

first time in contest. It’s been fun. How do I find out the numbers about cutoff and team  totals?  I have  a feeling I’m finally sunk after averaging over  190 a week!

good luck to everyone else 

Looks like I will probably survive my remaining byes this week (18 above cut now, plus Kittle if he puts up more, and Lamar-6.45 tomorrow)!.  Even making it here to week 12 was a record for me after thrice having been eliminated in week 11 years past.  Would really like to make it through that final cut next week!

Fun trip down memory lane, looked up my past performances (with my 5 most expensive players... and best $10-or-less pick).

2011 or earlier: Not sure if I competed, but not sure how to identify my entry if I did (didn't see my team name in standings).

2012: Elim wk 10 (Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, Rob Gronkowski, Julio Jones, Doug Martin... James Jones)

2013: Elim wk 11 (Matt Forte, AJ Green, Rob Gronkowski, Demarco Murray, David Wilson(!)... Julius Thomas) 

2014: Elim wk 5 (LeSean McCoy, Calvin Johnson, Jimmy Graham, Jordan Cameron, Andrew Luck... Anquan Boldin)

2015: Elim wk 11 (Rob Gronkowski, Adrian Peterson, Andrew Luck, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson.... Tyler Eifert)

2016: Elim wk 2 (Rob Gronkowski, LeVeon Bell, Andrew Luck, Donte Moncrief, Tom Brady... Davante Adams)

2017 elim wk 7 (David Johnson, Travis Kelce, Demaryius Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Bilal Powell... Kareem Hunt)

2018 elim wk 11 (Christian McCaffrey, Rob Gronkowski, Drew Brees, Lamar Miller, Royce Freeman... James Conner)

2019 alive through wk 12 (Christian McCaffery, Julio Jones, Travis Kelce, George Kittle, Kenny Golladay... Mecole Hardman)

I picked Gronk 5 out of 7 years 2012-2018.  This year is my 3rd time with Julio in my top 5 (first time was 2012!) and 2nd time for both CMC and Kelce.

17ish above cut but no lamar and not much help likely coming (malcom brown -7.7 lol, mandrews-8.8).  def a touch concerned.

Twenty-three below the cut entering Monday Night Football, but will count all of Lamar Jackson or Goff and also all of Mark Andrews.

Having spot checked about 30 teams near the cut line, almost everyone had a QB score over 25 meaning Lamar isn’t going to be moving the cut line much unless/until he scores a bunch despite the high ownership. Andrews may move it more as most had at least one score under 5 that was currently counting.

1.8 below cutline (534th place), with Lamar - 15.2 and Kupp - 4.8

I think I like my chances but will be sweating it. Hoping Andrews has an off night.

I estimate I need 60 points tonight in order to have a chance to continue on. I have Lamar +/- 0, Malcolm Brown -3.5, Willie Snead -2.9, Josh Reynolds -2.9, and Mark Andrews -1.6...

I am fairly certain I am out, but a huge game from lamar combined with good Snead and Reynolds games might get me past the cutline. A couple Brown TD poaches would be very nice for me...

Interesting dynamic going on here.  With nearly 3/4 of the live entries having Lamar there are probably quite a few like me who got great scores from Winston, Darnold, etc. and don't need Lamar tonight.  So, being selfish, it's really to our advantage to have Lamar have a down night and eliminate as many of his owner''s as possible, leaving those that do have him and survive to feast on him in coming weeks.

Interesting dynamic going on here.  With nearly 3/4 of the live entries having Lamar there are probably quite a few like me who got great scores from Winston, Darnold, etc. and don't need Lamar tonight.  So, being selfish, it's really to our advantage to have Lamar have a down night and eliminate as many of his owner''s as possible, leaving those that do have him and survive to feast on him in coming weeks.
You're absolutely correct. A huge night from Lamar actually doesn't help me TOO much, because everyone has him. He's my only QB this week, though...And I have Snead and Andrews, so I need Lamar to absolutely dominate...

Where are you all getting your live updated scoring from for this contest? Link?

22.85 below the cutline with Lamar (-0), Ingram (-4.1), Andrews or Boykin (-6.3) left to go. It's going to be close.

Furthest run ever is in major jeopardy being 15.4 below the cutline with Cooks and Andrews left to upgrade flex scores of 3.5 and 4.8.  Stranger things have happened, but assuming it's over, it's been a ton of fun as always.  Looking forward to the playoff contest.

It looks like I'm on to the final cutdown. 36.6 above the cut and might move a little higher with Kupp (-9.5) and Andrews (-8.6) tonight.  Furthest journey ever!

I'm at 146.75 vs cutline of 123.65 with (Lamar Jackson - 35.35) + (Mark Andrews - 9.5) to go.

Advancing this week would tie me for the furthest I've ever gotten.  A few years ago I was the #1 overall point leader just about the whole way but got knocked out in week 13 and didn't make the 14-16 playoffs.  

well...middle of the 3rd quarter and I've gone from 38 points below the cutline in 934th place, to 5pts below the cutline in 586th spot. Problem now is the cutline is moving in lockstep with Lamar Jackson because 75% of the remaining teams have him as a QB. I need some of my other guys to do something in order to catch up...

well...middle of the 3rd quarter and I've gone from 38 points below the cutline in 934th place, to 5pts below the cutline in 586th spot. Problem now is the cutline is moving in lockstep with Lamar Jackson because 75% of the remaining teams have him as a QB. I need some of my other guys to do something in order to catch up...
Which guys so we can sweat

Looks like Snead did it for you

Users who are viewing this thread