What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summer TV Shows (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
Two shoes I think should be on radars - Perpetual Grace and City on a Hill.  

Songland is a fun watch

the Inbetween is garbage.  Good concept but poor plotting and writing

CIty on a Hill - Showtime

In the early 1990s, Boston was rife with violent criminals emboldened by local law enforcement agencies in which corruption and racism was the norm - and then it all changed in what was called the "Boston Miracle." In this fictional account, assistant district attorney Decourcy Ward comes from Brooklyn and forms an unlikely alliance with a corrupt yet venerated FBI veteran, Jackie Rohr. Together, they take on a family of armored car robbers in a case that grows to involve, and ultimately subvert, the entire criminal justice system of Boston.

Stars Kevin Bacon

In the early 1990s, Boston was rife with violent criminals emboldened by local law enforcement agencies in which corruption and racism was the norm - and then it all changed in what was called the "Boston Miracle." In this fictional account, assistant district attorney Decourcy Ward comes from Brooklyn and forms an unlikely alliance with a corrupt yet venerated FBI veteran, Jackie Rohr. Together, they take on a family of armored car robbers in a case that grows to involve, and ultimately subvert, the entire criminal justice system of Boston.

Stars Kevin Bacon
I'll be adding that to my DVR list.

Well, I will try another one then:

Perpetual Grace

Follows James, a young grifter, as he attempts to prey upon Pastor Byron Brown, who turns out to be far more dangerous than he suspects.

Jimmi Simpson is the grifter and Ben Kingsley the pastor.

I like a lot of the games shows they put on in the summer time (Celebrity Family Feud, $100k Pyramid, etc.)

Perpetual Grace on Epix gets at thumbs up so far.  A little too quirky some times - but I am in for the ride as of now

Jett

Carla Gugino is a thief maybe trying to go straight.  But some people are not letting her.

First episode got interesting in the last 15 minutes or so - so it's still on DVR record for now

This might surprise - I saw an commercial for Pennyworth on Epix.  It's about the life and times of Alfred Pennyworth - Bruce Wayne's butler.

And it looked pretty good.

Stars Kevin Bacon
Watched first episode of City on a Hill.  Better than good. Will watch.

Users who are viewing this thread