What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What celebrities are most Wikipedia'd in your town? (1 Viewer)

Never heard of the guy.  Looks like he was born in my small town but grew up quite a ways away.

I did find out L Ron Hubbard was born in Tilden, NE.  I've driven through there many times.  I don't think they have a sign up mentioning that.

these are the 2 closest to me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheick_Diallo

he played HS basketball at the Lutheran school run by my former church.

Cheick Diallo (born September 13, 1996) is a Malian professional basketball player for the New Orleans Pelicans of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Diallo was a five-star recruit and was widely considered one of the top players in the Class of 2015. He was the MVP of the 2015 McDonald's All-American Boys Game. He played one season of college basketball for Kansas before declaring for the 2016 NBA draft, where he was selected with the 33rd overall pick by the Los Angeles Clippers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stuart-Houston

no idea why?

William Patrick "Willy" Stuart-Houston (né Hitler; 12 March 1911 – 14 July 1987) was the Irish-German nephew of Adolf Hitler. He was born to Adolf's half-brother Alois Hitler Jr. and his Irish wife Bridget Dowling in Liverpool, England. William Hitler later moved to Germany, but subsequently immigrated to the United States, where he served in the United States Navy in World War II. He eventually received American citizenship.

In Springfield, MO - 

1. Brad Pitt - raised here...went to Kickapoo High School.  His parents still live here and he has a younger brother that is a very successful business man as well.  Brad and Angelina were spotted around town a handful of times which usually raises a big stir.

2. Edwin Hubble, namesake of the Hubble Telescope - actually from Marshfield, MO which is 15 miles outside of Springfield.  They have a little billboard sign outside of town proclaiming this fact off of I-44.

I got Tom Cruise - Both of his parents are from my town & he attended my high school for a year or two when they briefly moved back.

I was hoping for George Clooney - another local, but ---  ☹️

i hear Swiftie and Sansa have digs there as well - no?
Haven't seen them yet, if so.

Jim Gaffigan, lead singer of the strokes, actress who played Dexter's sister and a bunch I'm forgetting...and probably should Google just to boost their rating here.

Just found out through this link that a guy who graduated from my small CT highschool a year before me is a decently employed voice actor now, which I remember was always his dream. Pretty cool for him. Funny he's the most searched name attached to my town. Doesn't say much for that town I guess. 

Christine Cavanaugh (Layton, UT).  Voice actress.  Babe (Babe), Chuckie (Rugrats), Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory), Oblina (Real Monsters).  She was born and raised here. Sadly, she died of cancer 5 years ago at age 51.   

Hometown -- Jaime Pressly, hottie from "My Name is Earl".

She spent the night at my house once.  Unfortunately I was away at college.  She was a cheerleader with my sister and they had a sleepover thing.  Oh man that woulda been fun to be at.   :excited:

Where I live now -- Chrissy Teigen, hottie married to John Legend.  Her last name is actually really close to mine.   I don't think she lived here long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hometown -- Jaime Pressly, hottie from "My Name is Earl".

She spent the night at my house once.  Unfortunately I was away at college.  She was a cheerleader with my sister and they had a sleepover thing.  Oh man that woulda been fun to be at.   :excited:
One of the best things about that show.

Search him a few times and tip the scales...
Interesting idea.

I don't have the time to do it myself, but ...

What if we recruited a team of companions who all used a VPN to route their searches through one location?

Could we get this to be the most searched in a specific place?

If we targeted a small town it would be easier, but ... could we get NYC from Trump to that?

Also, could we write a program to perform a loop of searches on its own - and thus take our own time out of it?

Next - why would we want to do this? I dunno. It could be fun.

On my iPhone 6 at a specific zoom level along Lake Michigan in Wisconsin I get...

Brendan Dassey

Dustin Diamond

Jeffrey Dahmer

:lmao:  

Interesting idea.

I don't have the time to do it myself, but ...

What if we recruited a team of companions who all used a VPN to route their searches through one location?

Could we get this to be the most searched in a specific place?

If we targeted a small town it would be easier, but ... could we get NYC from Trump to that?

Also, could we write a program to perform a loop of searches on its own - and thus take our own time out of it?

Next - why would we want to do this? I dunno. It could be fun.
OK. I've been giving this some serious contemplation.

We can do it.

But ... I've decided that I want to change the search destination.

Sorry @Galileo - you inspired this, so I wanted to honor you, but I've decided to make the most searched Wikipedia Page in the entire world ...

This

PM me if you want to be a part of the companions. 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread