What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I get that our President can be Embarrassing..but how can ANYONE of you read this and think you are dealing with a legitimate news source. (1 Viewer)

supermike80

Footballguy
No.  Just no.  

I actually cringed reading this.  This is by their Editor-At-Large...

Can any of you CNN fans say you enjoy this?  That this is good reporting?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/politics/donald-trump-cnbc-tariffs-china-mexico/index.html

I....just...can't.....And my God I used to watch CNN and like CNN.  I chose them for the 2016 election coverage. No more.  I can't support this anymore than I can support a buffoon for President.  What a sad place we are all in right now.  

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm winning, but not on a level table. If I had a table -dont forget the head of the fed in China is President Xi.

Seriously?

No.  Just no.  

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/politics/donald-trump-cnbc-tariffs-china-mexico/index.html

I....just...can't.....And my God I used to watch CNN and like CNN.  I chose them for the 2016 election coverage. No more.  I can't support this anymore than I can support a buffoon for President.  What a sad place we are all in right now.  
Every newspaper should be calling him out on his lies and ignorance every time he opens his mouth.  It's a travesty to being evolved that he's been allowed to get this far without people challenging him

No.  Just no.  

This is going exactly the way you wanted it to. No sarcasm. Congrats? 

No.  Just no.  

Are you laughing at what the president said or the fact that someone reported on what he actually said?

I agree the editor at large should not be doing snarky pieces like this. Let’s say I agree with some of his points and I probably do, it’s just not very professional or objective.

Is this reporting?  Seems more like an opinion piece or satire to me.  And it's using Trump's own quotes as the basis for the satire/mocking.  Why is that so bad?  You want fake stuff - go to Fox News and look around.
Chris Cillizza is the modern day equivalent of a newspaper columnist. His articles are clearly identified as "opinion" or "analysis".

He's never identified himself as a "legitimate news source", which makes the title of this thread the very epitome of "fake news".

No.  Just no.  

:lmao:   Good stuff but pointing out that Trump is an incompetent liar is the equivalent of saying the "F" word repeatedly during a stand up routine.  *cough*hacky*cough*you're a hack*cough*

To that point, I have a teenage son with Asperger's.  He has been getting therapy for what, about 11 years now, because he really struggles understanding social norms and cues.  It's terribly sad because he has never fit in at school or anything else. He has a big heart and is as sweet as can be though. Probably the most loved kid at school by the staff. Anyhow we almost never talk politics in our house but 3-4 times a week he says or texts to me "can you believe Trump said/did this?" with a link to a story. 

Just think about that for a minute. 

Did Trump actually say those things? For real?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA - Loudly

What amused me was the rather long and moderately complex question about mergers where you KNOW Trump had little ability to process the question and offer an intelligent response.  So instead he offered a typical word salad.  Then again, I suppose that saddened me, too.  

:penalty:

TDS is banned by THE POWERS THAT BE but calling the President a nimrod is A ok
Nimrod (/ˈnɪmrɒd/;[1] Hebrew: נִמְרוֹדֿ, Modern: Nimrôd, Tiberian: Nimrôḏ; Aramaic: ܢܡܪܘܕ‎; Arabic: النمرود‎ an-Namrūd), a biblical figure described as a king in the land of Shinar(Mesopotamia), was, according to the Book of Genesis and Books of Chronicles, the son of Cush, the son of Ham, son of Noah. The Bible states that he was "a mighty hunter before the Lord [and] .... began to be mighty in the earth"

It's not reporting.

If your point is that opinion pieces should be held to the same general standards (for fact-checking, etc.) as news, I'm on board with that, but you and I are fighting an uphill battle.

If your point is that CNN produces dumb news, the article in question doesn't support that position because it's not a news piece. It's the print version of an infotainment show like Hannity.

Maurile Tremblay said:

If your point is that opinion pieces should be held to the same general standards (for fact-checking, etc.) as news, I'm on board with that, but you and I are fighting an uphill battle.

If his point is that opinion pieces should be held to the same general standards (for fact-checking, etc.) as news, then he should highlight the portions of this article which allegedly fail to meet those standards.

No.  Just no.  

And, as such, was an opinion piece by him. This was not presented as news or as reporting news. Too bad you start a thread based on a false premise and waste the time of those reading thinking it is what about the thread specifically states (questioning whether this is legitimate news).

Do you get that our President can be embarrassing?  does that make you as upset as an opinion piece by some guy I've never heard of? 

The President of the United States is an embarrassment and I agree with you that its a dumb 'analysis' piece because you don't have to make fun of what Trump says, his words speak for themselves.  its not funny, its sad and embarrassing.  the man isn't fit to be in charge of anything.  I'm not sure what's a better scenario, he either has severe mental issues or he's just not very smart, so incredibly not smart

Do you get that our President can be embarrassing?  does that make you as upset as an opinion piece by some guy I've never heard of? 

The President of the United States is an embarrassment and I agree with you that its a dumb 'analysis' piece because you don't have to make fun of what Trump says, his words speak for themselves.  its not funny, its sad and embarrassing.  the man isn't fit to be in charge of anything.  I'm not sure what's a better scenario, he either has severe mental issues or he's just not very smart, so incredibly not smart
You’re a little over dramatic, no?

Users who are viewing this thread