What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Remember 15-20 years ago when we started posting here? (1 Viewer)

4/14/03. I was already in my 30’s but I had been on Cheatsheets prior. Actually,, it feels longer than 16 years to me. 

I'm going to be in the VTC in a few weeks. Cornhole?  I hear drunkards like me can drink consecrated wine and God absolves us from our struggle. 
I must confess that for almost 16 years I have been living a lie about where I have been living. Sorry if I led anyone down the wrong path.

I did however attend Catholic school for grades 1-4. This much is true.

I must confess that for almost 16 years I have been living a lie about where I have been living. Sorry if I led anyone down the wrong path.

I did however attend Catholic school for grades 1-4. This much is true.
And here I thought the eye was the window to your soul and that I could comprehend such enormity.

Well, you'll be there in spirit. 

I was a mid-20s while on these boards 19 years ago.  Now I’m a mid-40s ahole on these boards.  The more things change....
Same. 2003 for me, mid 40's now. 

There's a lot less of us here now. But hey, last one here, turn off the lights on the way out. 

I don't know the exact day my first account was created, but I do know on 9-11 I had already been here a couple years.  I remember when we moved to the new board I think I had member number 230 or something.  I think it is a shame that 9-11 thread is gone.  I was mid 20s when I joined without any kids, now mid 40s and my eldest daughter is graduating high school in 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2003....

Apple launched iTunes

GWB's Mission Accomplished (Iraq)

The Top Song was Hey Ya! by OutKast

5hr energy launched

Michael Jordan retired, again

The US mint stopped printing the $2 bill

Paris Hilton's sex tape leaked

In 2003....

Apple launched iTunes

GWB's Mission Accomplished (Iraq)

The Top Song was Hey Ya! by OutKast

5hr energy launched

Michael Jordan retired, again

The US mint stopped printing the $2 bill

Paris Hilton's sex tape leaked
Those were the days!

I joined about 2 weeks after my son's birthday in 2006.  I was 28.  

I think my first avatar was a Homestar Runner character.  I switched to the picture of my son with a rag on his head probably about a year or so later.  He is almost 13 now.

I joined about 2 weeks after my son's birthday in 2006.  I was 28.  

I think my first avatar was a Homestar Runner character.  I switched to the picture of my son with a rag on his head probably about a year or so later.  He is almost 13 now.
I had no kids either, but I joined a full 5 years before my oldest was born. I was 30. Now he's 11. He's also got three siblings, the youngest is 3. I've been changing diapers now for a full 11 years straight. We never had one that wasn't potty trained in the last decade +1. I'm ready for that #### to be over.

I had no kids either, but I joined a full 5 years before my oldest was born. I was 30. Now he's 11. He's also got three siblings, the youngest is 3. I've been changing diapers now for a full 11 years straight. We never had one that wasn't potty trained in the last decade +1. I'm ready for that #### to be over.
Oh man, that sounds rough.

We were 2 and done.  My daughter is 8 now.  I haven't changed a diaper in about 7 years.

Oh man, that sounds rough.

We were 2 and done.  My daughter is 8 now.  I haven't changed a diaper in about 7 years.
It's not. You get used to changing diapers. And with a stay at home wife now, I don't have to do it that often. Before bed a night or two a week. And ironically, it's the 4th child, the girl, that is really fighting the potty training. The others were cake. She's been a nightmare. My wife feels guilty about it so she changes almost every diaper, so I'm definitely in the wind down phase. And besides, who would I trade for less diapers to change. None of them.

It's not. You get used to changing diapers. And with a stay at home wife now, I don't have to do it that often. Before bed a night or two a week. And ironically, it's the 4th child, the girl, that is really fighting the potty training. The others were cake. She's been a nightmare. My wife feels guilty about it so she changes almost every diaper, so I'm definitely in the wind down phase. And besides, who would I trade for less diapers to change. None of them.
I'm sure, but man.....that's a long time to be in newborn/toddler phase.

I'm sure, but man.....that's a long time to be in newborn/toddler phase.
Yeah it is. And I didn't realize it until she was just about out of diapers. Funny how I was cruising along in blissful content until I realized I'd been changing diapers for 11 years straight!

April 14th, 2003.  Is that the actual date or just the date this board came up? Was on ol yeller back in the day.. Damn... 2003.  I bought my house in 2004..  my mother died in 2004.. Started my career in 2007... Have a grandkid now.. Another on the way..  I guess you are right.  We are getting old.  

But I can still drink like I'm 22 dammit!  Just have to go to bed by midnight because I get tired..  :bag:

April 14th, 2003.  Is that the actual date or just the date this board came up? Was on ol yeller back in the day.. Damn... 2003.  I bought my house in 2004..  my mother died in 2004.. Started my career in 2007... Have a grandkid now.. Another on the way..  I guess you are right.  We are getting old.  

But I can still drink like I'm 22 dammit!  Just have to go to bed by midnight because I get tired..  :bag:
Same here. I was wondering if my date was just the date this board came to be. 

April 14, 2003, I remember like it was yesterday. There was a mad scramble to be a 3-digiter. So mad, that the powers that be held a contest for #21-#99 just to be a 2-digiter (or possibly fewer). The first couple dozen or so numbers were reserved for employees. #1 = Joe, #2 = David, #3 = Aaron?, #4 = Clayton?, etc. I signed up before noon and was #625, I think. No shame.

April 14, 2003, I remember like it was yesterday. There was a mad scramble to be a 3-digiter. So mad, that the powers that be held a contest for #21-#99 just to be a 2-digiter (or possibly fewer). The first couple dozen or so numbers were reserved for employees. #1 = Joe, #2 = David, #3 = Aaron?, #4 = Clayton?, etc. I signed up before noon and was #625, I think. No shame.
Yup - F5 keys throughout the world got an intense workout that day. Was like a uniform pushing of *the* Cold War button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread