Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gianmarco

Quirky things you do....

Recommended Posts

When I talk on the phone, I have to walk around 99% of the time.

I can be at home and sitting in a chair, and if I get a phone call or make a phone call, once I start speaking, I get up and just start walking around my house. I'm either doing laps in my living room or even walking from room to room throughout my house.

I don't even think about it. My youngest kids will even pretend to be on the phone and will walk around talking, which I know they got from me.

I wish I knew why.  What are some quirky things you do?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gianmarco said:

When I talk on the phone, I have to walk around 99% of the time.

I can be at home and sitting in a chair, and if I get a phone call or make a phone call, once I start speaking, I get up and just start walking around my house. I'm either doing laps in my living room or even walking from room to room throughout my house.

I don't even think about it. My youngest kids will even pretend to be on the phone and will walk around talking, which I know they got from me.

I wish I knew why.  What are some quirky things you do?

I do this too - so that and @Ned‘s mom are my answer.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

I do this too - so that and @Ned‘s mom are my answer.

Yeah, I do this as well. Honestly, in my experience this is not really that quirky.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chaka said:

Yeah, I do this as well. Honestly, in my experience this is not really that quirky.

Ned's mom or the walk and talk thing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gianmarco said:

When I talk on the phone, I have to walk around 99% of the time.

I can be at home and sitting in a chair, and if I get a phone call or make a phone call, once I start speaking, I get up and just start walking around my house. I'm either doing laps in my living room or even walking from room to room throughout my house.

I don't even think about it. My youngest kids will even pretend to be on the phone and will walk around talking, which I know they got from me.

I wish I knew why.  What are some quirky things you do?

I not only do this at home, but I once had a job at a call center and did it there as well.

All these middle-aged yentas yammering about getting in their 10,000 steps per day had nothing on me.  I was doing a half-marathon every call center shift.

Edited by Gary Coal Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't walk around while talking, but I cannot be in the room with anyone else while I'm on the phone.  I ASSUME this is because my wife will constantly interject or tell me to ask a specific question or tell the person on the line something she wants me to.  However, I do this at work too.  Have to be in my office with the door closed while I'm on the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I walk and talk a lot as well.  Also back into parking spots.

Chewing on paper is probably the most quirky thing I do.  If I have a post it note, or a small piece of paper that I'm done with, instead of tossing it in the trash, I put it in my mouth and chew on it like a piece of gum for a bit (and then put it in the trash, I don't swallow them).  Sometimes, when I'm anxious, I will just take new post it notes and chew on them out of compulsion, not really even thinking about it.  I used to chew on my pens a lot, but after multiple co-workers expressed disgust at that, I've broken myself of it for the most part.  The paper thing is less conspicuous and just looks like gum unless someone sees me put it in my mouth.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

I walk and talk a lot as well.  Also back into parking spots.

Chewing on paper is probably the most quirky thing I do.  If I have a post it note, or a small piece of paper that I'm done with, instead of tossing it in the trash, I put it in my mouth and chew on it like a piece of gum for a bit (and then put it in the trash, I don't swallow them).  Sometimes, when I'm anxious, I will just take new post it notes and chew on them out of compulsion, not really even thinking about it.  I used to chew on my pens a lot, but after multiple co-workers expressed disgust at that, I've broken myself of it for the most part.  The paper thing is less conspicuous and just looks like gum unless someone sees me put it in my mouth.

winner

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gianmarco said:

When I talk on the phone, I have to walk around 99% of the time.

I can be at home and sitting in a chair, and if I get a phone call or make a phone call, once I start speaking, I get up and just start walking around my house. I'm either doing laps in my living room or even walking from room to room throughout my house.

I don't even think about it. My youngest kids will even pretend to be on the phone and will walk around talking, which I know they got from me.

I wish I knew why.  What are some quirky things you do?

Wow.

You talk on the phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I am doing anything from cracking my knuckles, frying bacon, or tapping a steering wheel it must be done in prime number increments. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On even number days, I will do even number things, and vice-versa for odd days.  For example, if I'm on the treadmill and the say the day is the 12th, I'll stop when the miles or time is on an even number.  Even better if it's the same as the date.

Edited by arrow1
.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife thinks I'm a bit OCD.  

I organize cups and plates in the kitchen by color.  Have weird ways of placing coasters and cups that are equidistant from corners of the end table.  Use prime number of ice cubes in my bourbon.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

I walk and talk a lot as well.  Also back into parking spots.

Chewing on paper is probably the most quirky thing I do.  If I have a post it note, or a small piece of paper that I'm done with, instead of tossing it in the trash, I put it in my mouth and chew on it like a piece of gum for a bit (and then put it in the trash, I don't swallow them).  Sometimes, when I'm anxious, I will just take new post it notes and chew on them out of compulsion, not really even thinking about it.  I used to chew on my pens a lot, but after multiple co-workers expressed disgust at that, I've broken myself of it for the most part.  The paper thing is less conspicuous and just looks like gum unless someone sees me put it in my mouth.

:oldunsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, E-Z Glider said:

winner

 

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

:oldunsure:

He asked for quirky.  I aim to please.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

If I am doing anything from cracking my knuckles, frying bacon, or tapping a steering wheel it must be done in prime number increments. 

 

21 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

On even number days, I will do even number things, and vice-versa for odd days.  For example, if I'm on the treadmill and the say the day is the 12th, I'll stop when the miles or time is on an even number.  Even better if it's the same as the date.

 

9 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Wife thinks I'm a bit OCD.  

I organize cups and plates in the kitchen by color.  Have weird ways of placing coasters and cups that are equidistant from corners of the end table.  Use prime number of ice cubes in my bourbon.  

Now we are getting somewhere - GTFO with this walking on the phone crap

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, comfortably numb said:

I squeegee myself before getting out of the shower. I, for some reason think i am taking it easier on my towel by doing this?

I do this just so the towel doesn’t get so wet and will dry completely before next usage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayrod said:

I walk and talk a lot as well.  Also back into parking spots.

Chewing on paper is probably the most quirky thing I do.  If I have a post it note, or a small piece of paper that I'm done with, instead of tossing it in the trash, I put it in my mouth and chew on it like a piece of gum for a bit (and then put it in the trash, I don't swallow them).  Sometimes, when I'm anxious, I will just take new post it notes and chew on them out of compulsion, not really even thinking about it.  I used to chew on my pens a lot, but after multiple co-workers expressed disgust at that, I've broken myself of it for the most part.  The paper thing is less conspicuous and just looks like gum unless someone sees me put it in my mouth.

Mod, please move to this thread

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:
25 minutes ago, comfortably numb said:

I squeegee myself before getting out of the shower. I, for some reason think i am taking it easier on my towel by doing this?

I do this just so the towel doesn’t get so wet and will dry completely before next usage.  

A month is more than enough time for the towel to dry.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have conversations with my pets.  I ask them questions and then answer for them.  They always say, "Yes!"  

It's now morphed into me talking for the pets when others say something to them.  They needed a voice and I stepped up to the plate.  

Edited by Captain Cranks
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stick my tongue out about 1/3 of the way whenever I'm really concentrating on something.  I don't notice it but my wife and kids mock me for doing this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pipes said:

I stick my tongue out about 1/3 of the way whenever I'm really concentrating on something.  I don't notice it but my wife and kids mock me for doing this.

I didn't know MJ posted here?

I think you are the GOAT, btw.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gianmarco said:

What are some quirky things you do?

What is the character limit per post for this board?

I may need to break mine up into smaller pieces. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When turning off the house alarm, I have to wait for the time in between beeps before typing in my code...IDK why?

 

As a hockey goalie, I'm generally a superstitious person when it comes to games. I have to listen to certain music on the way to the rink, get dressed in the same order, do certain things between periods and stoppages. If I don't it mentally throws me off. I know its stupid, but its my routine.

 

Edited by glvsav37

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cut my lawn in a different direction each time. Horizontally,then vertically, then diagnally . Then repeat only going the opposite direction than the last time.

I do alot of painting at work and always work left to right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, comfortably numb said:

I squeegee myself before getting out of the shower. I, for some reason think i am taking it easier on my towel by doing this?

I stand and air dry until the drips slow to a couple seconds in between.. like I'm popping popcorn or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Wife thinks I'm a bit OCD.  

I organize cups and plates in the kitchen by color.  Have weird ways of placing coasters and cups that are equidistant from corners of the end table.  Use prime number of ice cubes in my bourbon.  

You only have to worry about that if you use more than 3 ice cubes. If you're doing that, you're either drinking a lot of bourbon or you're watering it down way too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apalmer said:

You only have to worry about that if you use more than 3 ice cubes. If you're doing that, you're either drinking a lot of bourbon or you're watering it down way too much.

or use really small ice cubes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apalmer said:

You only have to worry about that if you use more than 3 ice cubes. If you're doing that, you're either drinking a lot of bourbon or you're watering it down way too much.

I drink a lot of bourbon.  Usually the good stuff first w/ 1 ice cube.  Then depending on the heat, and size of my following drinks either 3 or 5 ice cubes.  I figure the increase in ice in later rounds helps me not get too stupid drunk.  Wishful thinking, I'm aware.

Oh, and I go to the cheaper stuff after the first one.  I know I'm weird.  I've embraced it.

Edited by Poke_4_Life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I drink a lot of bourbon.  Usually the good stuff first w/ 1 ice cube.  Then depending on the heat, and size of my following drinks either 3 or 5 ice cubes.  I figure the increase in ice in later rounds helps me not get too stupid drunk.  Wishful thinking, I'm aware.

Oh, and I go to the cheaper stuff after the first one.  I know I'm weird.  I've embraced it.

That's actually a tradition going back hundreds if not thousands of years. Break out the good stuff first, then feed the drunken guests the bottom shelf junk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

That's actually a tradition going back hundreds if not thousands of years. Break out the good stuff first, then feed the drunken guests the bottom shelf junk.

It's even Biblical.

...and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Cranks said:

I have conversations with my pets.  I ask them questions and then answer for them.  They always say, "Yes!"  

It's now morphed into me talking for the pets when others say something to them.  They needed a voice and I stepped up to the plate.  

i used to do this with my sister's toy dog when i'd visit. it was one of those little nervous things that was always looking around like something should be happening but it just wasnt happening, so i gave voice to that in general conversations. sis loved it so much that she'd put her Cisco on the phone with me and listen while "it" had conversations with "me". turned out to have good effect though because, when it got old and had to be put down, sis detoxed from her great affection for her little friend by calling me for little seances from pet heaven.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Osaurus said:

I talk to my dog. She’s a good listener.

I don't think that's quirky at all.  Just about everyone talks to their dog.  I think it would be more strange is someone never really talked to their dog.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I drink a lot of bourbon.  Usually the good stuff first w/ 1 ice cube.  Then depending on the heat, and size of my following drinks either 3 or 5 ice cubes.  I figure the increase in ice in later rounds helps me not get too stupid drunk.  Wishful thinking, I'm aware.

Oh, and I go to the cheaper stuff after the first one.  I know I'm weird.  I've embraced it.

Same. First drink of the day is always the good stuff (liquor, beer, wine), sliding scale downwards from there. Either finishing with $5 wine or something light out of a can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jayrod said:

I don't think that's quirky at all.  Just about everyone talks to their dog.  I think it would be more strange is someone never really talked to their dog.

My dog talks to me. I’m not a good listener.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TV and radio volume can only be on numbers ending in 0, 2, 3, 5, 7, or 8. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, krista4 said:

TV and radio volume can only be on numbers ending in 0, 2, 3, 5, 7, or 8. 

So yours doesn't go to 11?

Weak.

  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I count the number of stairs when I'm walking up or down them.  And, as a result, I know how many steps there are between floors of places I frequent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

TV and radio volume can only be on numbers ending in 0, 2, 3, 5, 7, or 8. 

I’m an even number type :bag:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

I’m an even number type :bag:

Well that’s just weird.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always put my left leg in my pants first. I'd probably fall over if I tried it the other way.

As was mentioned above I also have my tongue out somewhat when I'm concentrating. I look like :P as I type this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My car key always has to be in the ignition with the buttons facing the dashboard. Drives me nuts when I get a car back from the valet and the keys are the other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I eat certain foods certain ways.  Like a Twix, I have to eat the caramel off first, then the chocolate off the sides, then the cookie.  French fries can only be eaten one at a time, not in bunches.  Goldfish crackers must be split in two by first biting off the tail.  These are just a few examples of things my wife says drives her nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred and fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I eat certain foods certain ways.  Like a Twix, I have to eat the caramel off first, then the chocolate off the sides, then the cookie.  French fries can only be eaten one at a time, not in bunches.  Goldfish crackers must be split in two by first biting off the tail.  These are just a few examples of things my wife says drives her nuts.

I do this with pizza sometimes.  I pull off and eat all the cheese and toppings first, lick off the sauce, then eat the crust.  

Sometimes I also lick all the cheese dust off of Doritos, then just eat the remaining tortilla chip.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.