What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quirky things you do.... (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
When I talk on the phone, I have to walk around 99% of the time.

I can be at home and sitting in a chair, and if I get a phone call or make a phone call, once I start speaking, I get up and just start walking around my house. I'm either doing laps in my living room or even walking from room to room throughout my house.

I don't even think about it. My youngest kids will even pretend to be on the phone and will walk around talking, which I know they got from me.

I wish I knew why.  What are some quirky things you do?

I can be at home and sitting in a chair, and if I get a phone call or make a phone call, once I start speaking, I get up and just start walking around my house. I'm either doing laps in my living room or even walking from room to room throughout my house.

I don't even think about it. My youngest kids will even pretend to be on the phone and will walk around talking, which I know they got from me.

I do this too - so that and @Ned‘s mom are my answer.

I not only do this at home, but I once had a job at a call center and did it there as well.

All these middle-aged yentas yammering about getting in their 10,000 steps per day had nothing on me.  I was doing a half-marathon every call center shift.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't walk around while talking, but I cannot be in the room with anyone else while I'm on the phone.  I ASSUME this is because my wife will constantly interject or tell me to ask a specific question or tell the person on the line something she wants me to.  However, I do this at work too.  Have to be in my office with the door closed while I'm on the phone.

I walk and talk a lot as well.  Also back into parking spots.

Chewing on paper is probably the most quirky thing I do.  If I have a post it note, or a small piece of paper that I'm done with, instead of tossing it in the trash, I put it in my mouth and chew on it like a piece of gum for a bit (and then put it in the trash, I don't swallow them).  Sometimes, when I'm anxious, I will just take new post it notes and chew on them out of compulsion, not really even thinking about it.  I used to chew on my pens a lot, but after multiple co-workers expressed disgust at that, I've broken myself of it for the most part.  The paper thing is less conspicuous and just looks like gum unless someone sees me put it in my mouth.

Chewing on paper is probably the most quirky thing I do.  If I have a post it note, or a small piece of paper that I'm done with, instead of tossing it in the trash, I put it in my mouth and chew on it like a piece of gum for a bit (and then put it in the trash, I don't swallow them).  Sometimes, when I'm anxious, I will just take new post it notes and chew on them out of compulsion, not really even thinking about it.  I used to chew on my pens a lot, but after multiple co-workers expressed disgust at that, I've broken myself of it for the most part.  The paper thing is less conspicuous and just looks like gum unless someone sees me put it in my mouth.
winner

Wow.

You talk on the phone. 

On even number days, I will do even number things, and vice-versa for odd days.  For example, if I'm on the treadmill and the say the day is the 12th, I'll stop when the miles or time is on an even number.  Even better if it's the same as the date.

:oldunsure:

If I am doing anything from cracking my knuckles, frying bacon, or tapping a steering wheel it must be done in prime number increments. 

On even number days, I will do even number things, and vice-versa for odd days.  For example, if I'm on the treadmill and the say the day is the 12th, I'll stop when the miles or time is on an even number.  Even better if it's the same as the date.

Wife thinks I'm a bit OCD.  

I organize cups and plates in the kitchen by color.  Have weird ways of placing coasters and cups that are equidistant from corners of the end table.  Use prime number of ice cubes in my bourbon.  
Now we are getting somewhere - GTFO with this walking on the phone crap

Mod, please move to this thread

I have conversations with my pets.  I ask them questions and then answer for them.  They always say, "Yes!"  

It's now morphed into me talking for the pets when others say something to them.  They needed a voice and I stepped up to the plate.  

When turning off the house alarm, I have to wait for the time in between beeps before typing in my code...IDK why?

As a hockey goalie, I'm generally a superstitious person when it comes to games. I have to listen to certain music on the way to the rink, get dressed in the same order, do certain things between periods and stoppages. If I don't it mentally throws me off. I know its stupid, but its my routine.

I cut my lawn in a different direction each time. Horizontally,then vertically, then diagnally . Then repeat only going the opposite direction than the last time.

I do alot of painting at work and always work left to right.

Wife thinks I'm a bit OCD.  

I organize cups and plates in the kitchen by color.  Have weird ways of placing coasters and cups that are equidistant from corners of the end table.  Use prime number of ice cubes in my bourbon.  
You only have to worry about that if you use more than 3 ice cubes. If you're doing that, you're either drinking a lot of bourbon or you're watering it down way too much.

You only have to worry about that if you use more than 3 ice cubes. If you're doing that, you're either drinking a lot of bourbon or you're watering it down way too much.
I drink a lot of bourbon.  Usually the good stuff first w/ 1 ice cube.  Then depending on the heat, and size of my following drinks either 3 or 5 ice cubes.  I figure the increase in ice in later rounds helps me not get too stupid drunk.  Wishful thinking, I'm aware.

Oh, and I go to the cheaper stuff after the first one.  I know I'm weird.  I've embraced it.

I drink a lot of bourbon.  Usually the good stuff first w/ 1 ice cube.  Then depending on the heat, and size of my following drinks either 3 or 5 ice cubes.  I figure the increase in ice in later rounds helps me not get too stupid drunk.  Wishful thinking, I'm aware.

Oh, and I go to the cheaper stuff after the first one.  I know I'm weird.  I've embraced it.
That's actually a tradition going back hundreds if not thousands of years. Break out the good stuff first, then feed the drunken guests the bottom shelf junk.

That's actually a tradition going back hundreds if not thousands of years. Break out the good stuff first, then feed the drunken guests the bottom shelf junk.
It's even Biblical.

...and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

I have conversations with my pets.  I ask them questions and then answer for them.  They always say, "Yes!"  

It's now morphed into me talking for the pets when others say something to them.  They needed a voice and I stepped up to the plate.  
i used to do this with my sister's toy dog when i'd visit. it was one of those little nervous things that was always looking around like something should be happening but it just wasnt happening, so i gave voice to that in general conversations. sis loved it so much that she'd put her Cisco on the phone with me and listen while "it" had conversations with "me". turned out to have good effect though because, when it got old and had to be put down, sis detoxed from her great affection for her little friend by calling me for little seances from pet heaven.

Same. First drink of the day is always the good stuff (liquor, beer, wine), sliding scale downwards from there. Either finishing with $5 wine or something light out of a can.

I count the number of stairs when I'm walking up or down them.  And, as a result, I know how many steps there are between floors of places I frequent.

I always put my left leg in my pants first. I'd probably fall over if I tried it the other way.

As was mentioned above I also have my tongue out somewhat when I'm concentrating. I look like :P as I type this.

My car key always has to be in the ignition with the buttons facing the dashboard. Drives me nuts when I get a car back from the valet and the keys are the other way.

I eat certain foods certain ways.  Like a Twix, I have to eat the caramel off first, then the chocolate off the sides, then the cookie.  French fries can only be eaten one at a time, not in bunches.  Goldfish crackers must be split in two by first biting off the tail.  These are just a few examples of things my wife says drives her nuts.

I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred and fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that? How can I know that and not know who I am?

I eat certain foods certain ways.  Like a Twix, I have to eat the caramel off first, then the chocolate off the sides, then the cookie.  French fries can only be eaten one at a time, not in bunches.  Goldfish crackers must be split in two by first biting off the tail.  These are just a few examples of things my wife says drives her nuts.
I do this with pizza sometimes.  I pull off and eat all the cheese and toppings first, lick off the sauce, then eat the crust.  

Sometimes I also lick all the cheese dust off of Doritos, then just eat the remaining tortilla chip.  

Users who are viewing this thread