Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

are?

maybe he was a div 1 college athlete?  

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

are?

I think it's that crazy British grammar that soccer fans use like when they say something like "San Francisco are the best team in the league."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scoresman said:

I think it's that crazy British grammar that soccer fans use like when they say something like "San Francisco are the best team in the league."

There very well could be. That's why I put a question mark behind it. I'm not entirely sure either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I guess it's a big deal if you haven't won one in 108 years 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Eephus said:

I would misprofile you as a Huey Lewis fan

Or as a Bret Easton Ellis aficionado.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Or as a Bret Easton Ellis aficionado.

That's kind of a dark turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Eephus said:

That's kind of a dark turn

Funny that was the first thing that came to mind. Christian Bale is quite the actor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chadjohnsonfan said:

Are

This is bothering me as well.

OP, please update.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see nothing wrong with the "is," actually. It probably should be the British usage of the singular "Why sport is great" but whatever. I'm so used to wrong plurals being used w/r/t sports that I don't even blink an eye anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

I see nothing wrong with the "is," actually. It probably should be the British usage of the singular "Why sport is great" but whatever. I'm so used to wrong plurals being used w/r/t sports that I don't even blink an eye anymore. 

Your crazy, its clearly are.

I am a grammer nazi, I should know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Your crazy, its clearly are.

I am a grammer nazi, I should know.

Their, they're. Its O.K. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Your crazy, its clearly are.

I am a grammer nazi, I should know.

Lol I pride myself on my grammar as well, but I wasn't saying multiple sports (baseball, football, lacrosse, rugby, hey let's name all the sports), I was saying that singular thing that is sports. Sports is "a thing" not just many things. But I'm not quibbling, changed. And actually now that I've changed i can see I've already changed the meaning, but nm.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Lol I pride myself on my grammar as well, but I wasn't saying multiple sports (baseball, football, lacrosse, rugby, hey let's name all the sports), I was saying that singular thing that is sports. Sports is "a thing" not just many things. But I'm not quibbling, changed. And actually now that I've changed i can see I've already changed the meaning, but nm.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I get you.  "Sports" as a singular category among others was your intention.  But I still hate you for the clip in the OP.

 

ETA...what the hell happened?  My quote and text seemed to have split into two separate posts when I submitted.

Edited by Galileo
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 10:35 AM, Galileo said:

I get you.  "Sports" as a singular category among others was your intention.  But I still hate you for the clip in the OP.

 

ETA...what the hell happened?  My quote and text seemed to have split into two separate posts when I submitted.

The wave function collapse was faulty. 

Luckily, in my multiverse, I understand your narrative. 

I still can't find out where I parked my truck tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.