What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why Sports Are Great (1 Viewer)

I think it's that crazy British grammar that soccer fans use like when they say something like "San Francisco are the best team in the league."
There very well could be. That's why I put a question mark behind it. I'm not entirely sure either. 

I see nothing wrong with the "is," actually. It probably should be the British usage of the singular "Why sport is great" but whatever. I'm so used to wrong plurals being used w/r/t sports that I don't even blink an eye anymore. 

I see nothing wrong with the "is," actually. It probably should be the British usage of the singular "Why sport is great" but whatever. I'm so used to wrong plurals being used w/r/t sports that I don't even blink an eye anymore. 
Your crazy, its clearly are.

I am a grammer nazi, I should know.

Your crazy, its clearly are.

I am a grammer nazi, I should know.
Lol I pride myself on my grammar as well, but I wasn't saying multiple sports (baseball, football, lacrosse, rugby, hey let's name all the sports), I was saying that singular thing that is sports. Sports is "a thing" not just many things. But I'm not quibbling, changed. And actually now that I've changed i can see I've already changed the meaning, but nm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I pride myself on my grammar as well, but I wasn't saying multiple sports (baseball, football, lacrosse, rugby, hey let's name all the sports), I was saying that singular thing that is sports. Sports is "a thing" not just many things. But I'm not quibbling, changed. And actually now that I've changed i can see I've already changed the meaning, but nm.

I get you.  "Sports" as a singular category among others was your intention.  But I still hate you for the clip in the OP.

ETA...what the hell happened?  My quote and text seemed to have split into two separate posts when I submitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get you.  "Sports" as a singular category among others was your intention.  But I still hate you for the clip in the OP.

ETA...what the hell happened?  My quote and text seemed to have split into two separate posts when I submitted.
The wave function collapse was faulty. 

Luckily, in my multiverse, I understand your narrative. 

I still can't find out where I parked my truck tho. 

Users who are viewing this thread