Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
timschochet

Goodbye Sarah Sanders

4 hours ago, timschochet said:

It's awful to insult Sarah Sanders based on her appearance. In this regard, I consider her a victim of the sexism that pervades our society, much like Hillary Clinton. Women who are regarded as unattractive are treated much differently than men are- they are often insulted for it, and objectified (as are women who are regarded as attractive.) If Sarah Sanders were a man she would not be the target of such attacks, and treated very differently. Same goes for Hillary Clinton. Among public figures, President Trump is the probably the worst example of a man who uses this kind of chauvinistic attack against women he dislikes.

Sarah Sanders is a liar, a poor communicator, and terrible at her job. Her appearance is irrelevant.

The tough thing is that insults are a part of the administration's press and pr policy. 

And SHS has participated in that, and she has defended it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sho nuff said:

I don't think her being a woman played into people making the jokes they did.

Same jokes made about men like Trump and Chris Christie.

Again...SNL had a whole thing with Clinton eating a ton at McDonalds.  And it was funny.

So it's funny to make fun of people's appearances and weight issues?   Thanks for your honesty.  

38 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

So it's funny to make fun of people's appearances and weight issues?   Thanks for your honesty.  

Bless your heart.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, lod001 said:

Greatest press secretary ever. She straight up told it as it was. 

How many press secretaries can you name off the top of your head besides Sanders and Spicer?

9 hours ago, timschochet said:

Personally I think it’s dumb to call Trump fat and orange or whatever. But it doesn’t have the same demeaning effect as when women receive the same insults. Because women are already so objectified in our society, calling them ugly or fat is far worse IMO

There are way better things to criticize Trump about but, in fairness, he kind of made his weight an issue with that bogus physical. 

39 minutes ago, whoknew said:

There are way better things to criticize Trump about but, in fairness, he kind of made his weight an issue with that bogus physical. 

Both bogus physicals....

5 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

How many press secretaries can you name off the top of your head besides Sanders and Spicer?

I think I can name 4 besides those 2

Stephanopoulos

Dee Dee Meyer

Ari Fleischer 

James Brady

7 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Mooooooooch!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

I think I can name 4 besides those 2

Hide contents

Stephanopoulos

Dee Dee Meyer

Ari Fleischer 

James Brady

And CJ! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, timschochet said:

And CJ! 

lol - I had to google - never watched the show.

1 hour ago, msommer said:

Mooooooooch!

I don't think it counts if you get fired before you get started.  

Mathematicians are still working out how negative Mooches work.

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

lol - I had to google - never watched the show.

You’re missing out. All 7 seasons are on Netflix. My favorite tv show of all time. 

But- it’s hard to watch right now because the contrast is so great. 

14 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

But the fat orange president is fair game 

ETA: nm, Orton beat me to it

You have a point but it is a little different with Trump.  It's more of a retaliation against Trump because that's how he treats others.  Not saying it's right but I see more justification behind it.  More of a "### for tat" kind of deal.

15 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Uh, Trump has done this multiple multiple times.

Remember when he made fun of the disabled guy?  His supporters lapped that up.

3 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

"Oh no, he makes fun of everyone that way" 

/theusualsuspects

(Only he hasn't since...)

• Like 1

Bill Barr is just going to pull double duty now, right?

56 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

So you’re saying sho and trump are similar with making fun of people?  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

But the fat orange president is fair game 

ETA: nm, Orton beat me to it

Calling a person in their 70’s fat is possibly the most bizarre attack.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

So you’re saying sho and trump are similar with making fun of people?  

:thumbup: Seems that way.

Edited by John Blutarsky

2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Calling a person in their 70’s fat is possibly the most bizarre attack.

He is a big guy...his suits fit terribly...he eats and serves junk food.  If that’s not fair game, what is?

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He is a big guy...his suits fit terribly...he eats and serves junk food.  If that’s not fair game, what is?

Taking the high road and being a better person. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

So you think it's acceptable to shame and make fun of people that make poor choices?  Does that apply to drugs, alcohol, and other things as well?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

So you think it's acceptable to shame and make fun of people that make poor choices?  Does that apply to drugs, alcohol, and other things as well?

Just another example of the double standard Sho Nuff shows all the time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:
8 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

On 4/17/2019 at 12:30 PM, John Blutarsky said:

keep it about the subject and not about the poster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

This applies to the thread and it was quoting what Sho preaches. I hope the likes on other posts aren’t upsetting you today. 

Edited by John Blutarsky
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Love this guy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James Daulton said:

Remember when he made fun of the disabled guy?  

Perhaps the single most embarrassing argument ever by Trump supporters was their attempt to claim that Trump was not making fun of disabled people. 

16 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Yet none of the libs are calling out the fat shaming either.  But if someone dare criticize a democrat woman or a minority you've seen all the terms they get labelled by posters here.  The party of tolerance is quite selective with what they tolerate.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Yet none of the libs are calling out the fat shaming either.  But if someone dare criticize a democrat woman or a minority you've seen all the terms they get labelled by posters here.  The party of tolerance is quite selective with what they tolerate.

:thumbup: well said

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Perhaps the single most embarrassing argument ever by Trump supporters was their attempt to claim that Trump was not making fun of disabled people. 

Im not sure he was

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

I’m not saying it isn’t fair game, but calling senior citizens fat seems like a strange hill to die on to me.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think Americans can say whatever they like about their public officials, that’s a quintessential part of being American, the key is rejecting officials who degrade other officials and politics itself.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

53 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:
1 hour ago, John Blutarsky said:

Yet none of the libs are calling out the fat shaming either.

Tim called it out yesterday.

These kinds of posts are exactly why you have a reputation for not making substantive, topic-related posts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, [scooter] said:

Tim called it out yesterday.

These kinds of posts are exactly why you have a reputation for not making substantive, topic-related posts.

First, I don't really care what you think.  You threw a temper tantrum yesterday about likes of posts.

Second, it totally is about the posts in this thread.  Parent them for making them if you have a problem.   

Third, my point stands.  Lots of hypocrites in the party of tolerance.  Tim doesn't speak for the party

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Third, my point stands.  Lots of hypocrites in the party of tolerance.  Tim doesn't speak for the party

Then you should have been more specific instead of making a sweeping generalization ("none of the libs") -- one which you now admit was a lie.

Your post was nothing more than an un-substantive hit-and-run designed solely to get a reaction.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Im not sure he was

Of course you’re not. How embarrassing for you. (And for Don’t Noonan who liked your post.) 

• Like 2

Both sides cross the line into making criticisms of appearance all the time so it's about as hypocritical as it gets when one side blasts the other for doing it. No one should be claiming a higher moral ground on either side of the aisle.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Both sides cross the line into making criticisms of appearance all the time so it's about as hypocritical as it gets when one side blasts the other for doing it. No one should be claiming a higher moral ground on either side of the aisle.

Agreed that neither side of the aisle has a higher moral ground, but I disagree that there’s no difference between calling out men and women. It’s far worse to call out women, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Then you should have been more specific instead of making a sweeping generalization ("none of the libs") -- one which you now admit was a lie.

Your post was nothing more than an un-substantive hit-and-run designed solely to get a reaction.

Tim is not a liberal.  HTH.  Thanks for your concern though

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Agreed that neither side of the aisle has a higher moral ground, but I disagree that there’s no difference between calling out men and women. It’s far worse to call out women, IMO. 

I didn't say a thing about whether it's directed at men or women. Both sides of the aisle also criticize the appearance of both men and women. It's wrong any way it's sliced. The best way to put an end to criticizing a woman's appearance is to not tolerate criticizing anyone's appearance.

Trump is a vulgar pig who hurls personal insults at people hourly. That fat, spray-tanned raccoon deserves everything that's said about him and more. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, timschochet said:

You’re missing out. All 7 seasons are on Netflix. My favorite tv show of all time. 

But- it’s hard to watch right now because the contrast is so great. 

Agreed. Much like how House of Cards was a great show until Trump. Then you realized that Frank Underwood, the villain of the show, the murderous, adulterous, power hungry madman, would be a better president than Donald.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, timschochet said:
1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

Im not sure he was

Of course you’re not. How embarrassing for you. (And for Don’t Noonan who liked your post.) 

Here's how you know that the defense of Trump is disingenuous: they'll say something to the effect of "Gee, I'm not sure if he was really making fun of the guy for being disabled" or they'll say "Hey, he's an equal opportunity offender!"........but then they'll be conspicuously silent about the sheer fact that it's so unpresidential to insult people in the first place.

(And in the next breath they'll eagerly attack "the libs" for similar behavior.)

If Trump had said "Wooo pig sooie!" about a woman -- and then claimed that he was merely making a reference to the fact that the woman was Arkansas, and that it had absolutely nothing to do with her appearance -- then you can bet that his defenders in here would be making the same argument in support of him.

Edited by [scooter]

14 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Tim is not a liberal.  HTH.  Thanks for your concern though

In some ways. Compared to you, I’m in Hammer and Sickle territory. 

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

In some ways. Compared to you, I’m in Hammer and Sickle territory. 

Highly doubtful but also irrelevant

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Plorfu said:

Trump is a vulgar pig who hurls personal insults at people hourly. That fat, spray-tanned raccoon deserves everything that's said about him and more. 

Perhaps. But failing to rise above is going to keep this type of rhetoric in politics.

30 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I’m not embarrassed by my opinion, not embarrassed in the least bit. 

39 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I am not in the habit of being embarrassed for being correct.