What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Goodbye Sarah Sanders (1 Viewer)

I'd say the democrats have the moral high ground.  They didn't elect the number one offender of this to run the country and they wouldn't.  That's a bit more important than what people on both sides say on twitter.
The problem with this line of thinking is that the Democrats have done nothing to earn the moral high ground. No question Trump is awful but one doesn’t get the moral high ground by default. You have to earn it. There are individual Democrats out there who have (and a few Republicans as well) but as a political party no. 

Other than to insult the POTUS what was his point?
That the biggest insulter of other people based on appearance in this entire nation is Donald Trump, and for that reason (among with many others) he deserves scorn and derision. 

Also, I sense your “outrage” at President Trump being attacked in such a manner is largely feigned. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with this line of thinking is that the Democrats have done nothing to earn the moral high ground. No question Trump is awful but one doesn’t get the moral high ground by default. You have to earn it. There are individual Democrats out there who have (and a few Republicans as well) but as a political party no. 
The false equivalency between democrats on twitter and the elected leader of the Republican party is why the republicans can do what they do.  

You have a point but it is a little different with Trump.  It's more of a retaliation against Trump because that's how he treats others.  Not saying it's right but I see more justification behind it.  More of a "### for tat" kind of deal.
Eh...try to be better than a buffoon

...except for, you know, the part about admitting that she was a liar.
She served Trump well....she could lie, play the dirty game of politics and avoid answering questions as good as any of Trump's servants. (“Frankly , if people of faith don't get involved in the dirty process, then you're missing the entire point of what we're called to do”)

And there’s the Donald with the “It doesn’t matter we won”

I think that there is a distinct difference between Trumpers and the Trump haters. Trumpers think bending or breaking the rules(the Hatch Act, getting dirt from foreign countries etc) lying and playing dirty is fine as long as the right team wins. Hence the, it doesn’t matter we won.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post here, and @Ramblin Wreck‘s comments in the AOC thread, are starting to give me an insight into the reason that so many right wing types continue to defend Donald Trump, or at least, are willing to excuse him for bad behavior which you KNOW is bad: because you cynically believe that most politicians are liars, most politicians are corrupt, and the only thing that separates Trump is that he is more blatant about it. 

This seems to be a strongly held belief among conservatives, and it’s growing among certain anti-establishment type progressives as well. No offense to you personally but I believe this is extremely dangerous for our society and needs to be fought against. 
“It’s no secret that a liar won’t believe anyone else” 

Both sides cross the line into making criticisms of appearance all the time so it's about as hypocritical as it gets when one side blasts the other for doing it. No one should be claiming a higher moral ground on either side of the aisle.
It’s pathetic, really.  Pages and pages of playing the victim and crying.  It is so tired.  

Just look at Franken actions and results as some sort of comparison.  You are wrong.  

Or about her going back to Arkansas to call the Hogs as they do there.
That is exactly what I meant. Trump already encouraged her to run for Gov in Arkansas and that is the most famous call in the state, go to a Razorback game and that's all you hear. Cost me a timeout- my first in 19 years!

Or about her going back to Arkansas to call the Hogs as they do there.
That is exactly what I meant. Trump already encouraged her to run for Gov in Arkansas and that is the most famous call in the state, go to a Razorback game and that's all you hear. Cost me a timeout- my first in 19 years!
The irony here is that your motives were pure while the moderator was the one who naturally thought, "Well, of course he's talking about her looks!" :lol:

Sarah is a national treasure and Trump was unbelievably lucky to have had her.

When she was hired I thought it was purely on the name Huckabee....I thought she'd be a disaster.

One of the few genuinely good hires of the Trump era.

Sarah is a national treasure and Trump was unbelievably lucky to have had her.

When she was hired I thought it was purely on the name Huckabee....I thought she'd be a disaster.

One of the few genuinely good hires of the Trump era.
Again...good in what way?

Again...good in what way?
Being Trump's press secretary is...let's be honest...a nightmare job.  For the first time in recent memory, a white house press secretary had to deal with a boss that they didn't know what they would say or do next.  At best, Trump's messaging in his first term was a bit erratic.  Her boss was openly hostile (with good reason) to the press corps, the group she had to deal with each day.  She had to put the ray of sunshine on things that everyone else was calling poo.  She would have to wake up each morning dreading opening up the Twitter app.

She controlled the room.  You had a bunch of democrat political operatives with bylines being overtly rude to her daily.  Each and every day she faced the mob and answered questions as the conduit to the White House.  In fact, I think she expressed Trump's policies better than Trump does.

She didn't get the pass that Obama's press secretaries did, where the hardest question they faced was "Gosh, what is it like to work with President Obama".  Good grief, did Robert Gibbs ever have to put up with nonsense like Acosta?

Sanders was Spock to Trump's Kirk.  Trump is all intuition and going by the seat of his pants.  Sanders laid it out logically.  All business, nothing personal.

Being Trump's press secretary is...let's be honest...a nightmare job.  For the first time in recent memory, a white house press secretary had to deal with a boss that they didn't know what they would say or do next.  At best, Trump's messaging in his first term was a bit erratic.  Her boss was openly hostile (with good reason) to the press corps, the group she had to deal with each day.  She had to put the ray of sunshine on things that everyone else was calling poo.  She would have to wake up each morning dreading opening up the Twitter app.

She controlled the room.  You had a bunch of democrat political operatives with bylines being overtly rude to her daily.  Each and every day she faced the mob and answered questions as the conduit to the White House.  In fact, I think she expressed Trump's policies better than Trump does.

She didn't get the pass that Obama's press secretaries did, where the hardest question they faced was "Gosh, what is it like to work with President Obama".  Good grief, did Robert Gibbs ever have to put up with nonsense like Acosta?

Sanders was Spock to Trump's Kirk.  Trump is all intuition and going by the seat of his pants.  Sanders laid it out logically.  All business, nothing personal.
So... she was really good at misleading the public and lying.  I agree, was perfect for Trump's press secretary.

:mellow:

Each day?  When was her last actual press conference? Also, she was hostile towards most questions.  She was basically a second Trump lying and being hostile rather than really answering the question an of the media and people.

If her job was to provide cover for POTUS, she did that.  But as far as dealing with the media and actually providing the voice, the message and answering questions...she was a failure. Logically?  I disagree.

You misspelled Obama
Cute, but no, I did not.
@Stat spent many years playing the role of Sarah Palin's #1 supporter/defender/cheerleader on these boards.

He is 100% shtick and should be enjoyed solely on that level. If the :e: board still existed, he'd be making fun of you right now.

And now, this:

This argument reminds me of the one where certain conservatives in this forum refuse to acknowledge, despite overwhelming evidence, that waterboarding is torture. Some things are just so obvious that even to attempt to explain them seems absurd. If you don't understand that this situation would have gone down COMPLETELY differently had the professor been white, then you don't want to understand, and you never will.
Tim, these rubes won't even admit Sarah Palin has displayed more day-to-day common sense in her lifetime than Barack Obama has.

@Stat spent many years playing the role of Sarah Palin's #1 supporter/defender/cheerleader on these boards.

He is 100% shtick and should be enjoyed solely on that level. If the :e: board still existed, he'd be making fun of you right now.

And now, this:
Yeah just basically an all around fishing for responses...I never can understand the appeal of that.  Oooh, I got some anonymous person to respond to me.  Yay!!!!

I don't like being stared at like I'm just a big pile of meat, but sometimes we have to accept what we are.  I am a big pile of meat, and Sarah Sanders is a proven liar.  

So her usual carry the water for Trump and lie lie lie about everything possible.  Not even sure what the point of giving her more airtime at this point...those who support Trump will think she was great or unfairly attacked.  The rest of us see through the lies and ridiculous claims and lame attacks on the media.

If you think this mindset goes away with Trump, you'd be wrong.  The media is still going to be against them and the liberal elitists are still going to be the bane of their existence.  Trump is so powerful because he amplifies their voice, not because he gives them their agenda.  The only answer, in my opinion, is to stamp them out at the ballot box until time and social evolution make the voice quieter and quieter.  

So her usual carry the water for Trump and lie lie lie about everything possible.  Not even sure what the point of giving her more airtime at this point...those who support Trump will think she was great or unfairly attacked.  The rest of us see through the lies and ridiculous claims and lame attacks on the media.
After listening to it for a few minutes, it was like she never left. 

Users who are viewing this thread