What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your 2020 Election Anecdotes (1 Viewer)

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
I'm curious to hear how the 2020 election is shaping up on the ground.  I went to dinner with a couple friends and asked them what they're thinking for 2020.

1.  Friend 1 who considers himself a libertarian and voted for Gary Johnson in '16:  Will vote for any Democrat running against Trump in 2020.

2.  Friend 2 who is center right and voted for Trump in '16 because he hated Hillary:  Will consider voting for the Democrat if it's someone he doesn't hate like he did Hillary.    

I'm curious to hear how the 2020 election is shaping up on the ground.  I went to dinner with a couple friends and asked them what they're thinking for 2020.

1.  Friend 1 who considers himself a libertarian and voted for Gary Johnson in '16:  Will vote for any Democrat running against Trump in 2020.

2.  Friend 2 who is center right and voted for Trump in '16 because he hated Hillary:  Will consider voting for the Democrat if it's someone he doesn't hate like he did Hillary.    
Pretty sure the Dems would love this. But they still need to actually get that type of voter turnout to win.

Not an anecdote, but I'm confident that 90% of the white electorate in my locale will vote for trump.  They are extremely, deliberately, oblivious - and proud.

Anecdote # 3.  I spoke to my sister who is a Christian conservative who did NOT vote for Trump in 2016.  In fact, she was disgusted when he was elected.  Fast forward 2 years and now she is very happy with Trump and, along with her husband, will likely vote for him in 2020.  When asked why, she responded, "I really like what he's doing on immigration.  We have people just pouring into this country."

Anecdote # 3.  I spoke to my sister who is a Christian conservative who did NOT vote for Trump in 2016.  In fact, she was disgusted when he was elected.  Fast forward 2 years and now she is very happy with Trump and, along with her husband, will likely vote for him in 2020.  When asked why, she responded, "I really like what he's doing on immigration.  We have people just pouring into this country."
sounds just like what Jesus would have done

Last edited by a moderator:
joffer said:
sounds just like what Jesus would have done
😁  Coincidentally that's exactly what I said to her.  She responded with, "but all these people are pouring into the country.  I don't want my tax dollars paying for them."

I said she must really be bent out of shape over her tax money being spent to bail out the farmers suffering because of Trump's tariffs. 

Silence.  

Users who are viewing this thread