Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Mammy

Mr. President, Will You Fire Kellyanne Conway?

Posted (edited)

Trump, "No. I was briefed on the situation yesterday. I think they are trying to take away her free speech."

Live on Fox and Friends now.

Edited by Joe Mammy

IM SHOCKED! SHOCKED, I TELL YA

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Laws only apply to the little people

With all of the tweeting that George Conway does, he certainly has avoided this topic.

• Thinking 1

30 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Trump, "No. I was briefed on the situation yesterday. I think they are trying to take away her free speech."

Unfortunately, but completely unsurprisingly, I think @TobiasFunke once again overestimated the Trump administration.

40 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Unfortunately, but completely unsurprisingly, I think @TobiasFunke once again overestimated the Trump administration.

I do think it's still possible they move her to the campaign side, but yeah.  You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now.

I would say the people I'm really overestimating are the GOP and conservative voters. They're the ones shaping all this- it's all about what they will and won't put up with.  I guess some part of me thought blatant, unapologetic law-breaking would be some sort of line for them, but I guess if baby jails and the Muslim ban and #####-grabbing and ####hole countries wasn't the line than nothing will be.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That's strange.  I was expecting Trump to scrupulously adhere to not only the letter of the law, but also to its spirit as well as well-established political and ethical norms.

• Like 9
  • Laughing 2

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

Laws only apply to the little people

No way they apply to Trump then. 

2 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Just to his hands.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

6'3" 239 pal.  Not an inch under, not a pound over.  

Wait what did she do? I haven’t been able to keep up with anything this week. 

1 minute ago, Zow said:

Wait what did she do? I haven’t been able to keep up with anything this week. 

Allegedly she violated the Hatch Act two times.

Just now, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Thanks. 

I’m sure the GOP and the current administration will issue swift discipline. 😐

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Zow said:

Thanks. 

I’m sure the GOP and the current administration will issue swift discipline. 😐

Well they are known for their zealously guarding the spirit and intent of all electioneering laws.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

14 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Only two?

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Only two?

I believe those are the current allegations in the news.  I am not in possession of a running total. 

16 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

It was way more than 2- probably dozens- and you can remove the "allegedly."  There's no criminal proceeding, the Office of the Special Counsel is the final arbiter for a White House employee I believe (usually it's the Merit Systems Protection Board but I think it's different for White House personnel).

6 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

It was way more than 2- probably dozens- and you can remove the "allegedly."  There's no criminal proceeding, the Office of the Special Counsel is the final arbiter for a White House employee I believe (usually it's the Merit Systems Protection Board but I think it's different for White House personnel).

Love their website.  I used it recently to do a bit of research on the Hatch Act for my employer.

8 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

I was of the opinion that OSC opened two case investigations against her.  I guess each could contain multiple allegations.  I am not familiar (directly)with the findings, as of yet, but will read your link.

8 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I was of the opinion that OSC opened two case investigations against her.  I guess each could contain multiple allegations.  I am not familiar (directly)with the findings, as of yet, but will read your link.

That's great but for anyone who doesn't have your dedication to reading legal memos:  the OSC (independent, headed by a Trump appointee) concluded that Conway's violations are "egregious, notorious and ongoing," that she "has clear knowledge of the Hatch Act and yet continues to disregard the law" and that her conduct warrants her removal. Conclusion in part:

Ms. Conway’s persistent, notorious, and deliberate Hatch Act violations have created an unprecedented challenge to this office’s ability to enforce the Act, as we are statutorily charged. She has willfully and openly disregarded the law in full public view. As recently as May 29, 2019, Ms. Conway defiantly rejected the Hatch Act’s application to her activities, dismissed OSC’s 2018 findings, and flippantly stated, “Let me know when the jail sentence starts.”50 And she made it clear that she has no plans to cease abusing her official position to influence voters. Ms. Conway’s conduct undermines public confidence in the Executive branch and compromises the civil service system that the Hatch Act was intended to protect. Her knowing and blatant disregard for the law aggravates the severity of her numerous violations.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

That's great but for anyone who doesn't have your dedication to reading legal memos:  the OSC (independent, headed by a Trump appointee) concluded that Conway's violations are "egregious, notorious and ongoing," that she "has clear knowledge of the Hatch Act and yet continues to disregard the law" and that her conduct warrants her removal. Conclusion in part:

I appreciate the summary.  I was just now finishing reading over the report.  I would state that I believe your summary is representative of the tenor of the report I just read.  OSC seems discommoded, and rightfully so.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 1

I am fascinated at how toothless the OSC has been.  This is not her first investigation for violation and finding of violation.

3 hours ago, Joe Mammy said:

Gotta love our "law and order president" 

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I am fascinated at how toothless the OSC has been.  This is not her first investigation for violation and finding of violation.

Our whole checks and balances charade has blown apart with how toothless it really is. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

Gotta love our "law and order president" 

He also thinks of himself as honest.

And, as expected here and as with emoluments thread...zero from the supporters.  Found something they know there is no real defense of?  No Obama to blame?

Edited by sho nuff

I would’ve fired her for her embarrassment of a husband 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

I would’ve fired her for her embarrassment of a husband 

He is less embarrassing than she is...or Trump.

44 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Our whole checks and balances charade has blown apart with how toothless it really is. 

Sad but true.

3 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Would take very narrowly spaced bars.

Yeah, she needs one of those plexiglass cells like Hannibal Lecter

• Like 2

Careful...some might get mad at people for skinny shaming.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Careful...some might get mad at people for skinny shaming.

Skinny? No, I just mean she probably eats human flesh. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 5

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

Skinny? No, I just mean she probably eats human flesh. 

But with sufficient portion control as to maintain that svelte, concentration camp figure of hers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

But with sufficient portion control as to maintain that svelte, concentration camp figure of hers.

Look who she hangs out with. Bannon. Trump. Sanders. 

She only eats skinny people. Nice, lean protein. 

I assume that once winter comes and she brings the Eternal Night she’ll let herself pack on a few pounds. 

8 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Look who she hangs out with. Bannon. Trump. Sanders. 

She only eats skinny people. Nice, lean protein. 

I will be watching for her diet book.  I'm guessing it will not make Oprah's book club but it should be on the Times best seller list in no time. 

I bet we could get some good recipe titles from the imaginations around here.

Cigarettes, vodka, and souls.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

Just saw this on Twitter, not sure why it didn't occur to me before: Trump's defense of Conway (that she's exercising her First Amendment rights to make political speech at work) is exactly what he criticized football players for doing.

Obviously they're not exactly the same- silent protest is not nearly as political as lying about and insulting candidates for office, there's no rule (let alone a law) that tells the players they can't offer political speech at work, etc.  But the contrast is pretty incredible.

12 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Just saw this on Twitter, not sure why it didn't occur to me before: Trump's defense of Conway (that she's exercising her First Amendment rights to make political speech at work) is exactly what he criticized football players for doing.

Obviously they're not exactly the same- silent protest is not nearly as political as lying about and insulting candidates for office, there's no rule (let alone a law) that tells the players they can't offer political speech at work, etc.  But the contrast is pretty incredible.

It think you're overlooking a pretty obvious difference.....

• Thinking 1

Just now, Amused to Death said:

It think you're overlooking a pretty obvious difference.....

I assume you're referring to the fact that Conway is a woman and the football players are men. Trump has always been deferential and respectful when it comes to women who speak their mind.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

I assume you're referring to the fact that Conway is a woman and the football players are men. Trump has always been deferential and respectful when it comes to women who speak their mind.

That's probably it. As such, I'm sure Trump and his followers have taken no issue with Megan Rapinoe exercising her 1A rights while working as well.

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TobiasFunke said:

Yeah, except that there’s no law against what the NFL players were doing. Oh, and there’s one other difference I was going to mention.  Can’t seem to remember.  Hmm. 

On 6/14/2019 at 10:58 AM, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Would take very narrowly spaced bars.

Yes, slim chance.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:28 PM, sho nuff said:

No Obama to blame?

Where is that guy when you need him?

4 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Where is that guy when you need him?

Getting standing ovations everywhere he goes? 

Oh wait...back in his homeland of Kenya?

• Thinking 1