What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mr. President, Will You Fire Kellyanne Conway? (1 Viewer)

Joe Mammy

Footballguy
Trump, "No. I was briefed on the situation yesterday. I think they are trying to take away her free speech."

Live on Fox and Friends now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, but completely unsurprisingly, I think @TobiasFunke once again overestimated the Trump administration.
I do think it's still possible they move her to the campaign side, but yeah.  You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now.

I would say the people I'm really overestimating are the GOP and conservative voters. They're the ones shaping all this- it's all about what they will and won't put up with.  I guess some part of me thought blatant, unapologetic law-breaking would be some sort of line for them, but I guess if baby jails and the Muslim ban and #####-grabbing and ####hole countries wasn't the line than nothing will be.

It was way more than 2- probably dozens- and you can remove the "allegedly."  There's no criminal proceeding, the Office of the Special Counsel is the final arbiter for a White House employee I believe (usually it's the Merit Systems Protection Board but I think it's different for White House personnel).
Love their website.  I used it recently to do a bit of research on the Hatch Act for my employer.

It was way more than 2- probably dozens- and you can remove the "allegedly."  There's no criminal proceeding, the Office of the Special Counsel is the final arbiter for a White House employee I believe (usually it's the Merit Systems Protection Board but I think it's different for White House personnel).
I was of the opinion that OSC opened two case investigations against her.  I guess each could contain multiple allegations.  I am not familiar (directly)with the findings, as of yet, but will read your link.

I was of the opinion that OSC opened two case investigations against her.  I guess each could contain multiple allegations.  I am not familiar (directly)with the findings, as of yet, but will read your link.
That's great but for anyone who doesn't have your dedication to reading legal memos:  the OSC (independent, headed by a Trump appointee) concluded that Conway's violations are "egregious, notorious and ongoing," that she "has clear knowledge of the Hatch Act and yet continues to disregard the law" and that her conduct warrants her removal. Conclusion in part:

Ms. Conway’s persistent, notorious, and deliberate Hatch Act violations have created an unprecedented challenge to this office’s ability to enforce the Act, as we are statutorily charged. She has willfully and openly disregarded the law in full public view. As recently as May 29, 2019, Ms. Conway defiantly rejected the Hatch Act’s application to her activities, dismissed OSC’s 2018 findings, and flippantly stated, “Let me know when the jail sentence starts.”50 And she made it clear that she has no plans to cease abusing her official position to influence voters. Ms. Conway’s conduct undermines public confidence in the Executive branch and compromises the civil service system that the Hatch Act was intended to protect. Her knowing and blatant disregard for the law aggravates the severity of her numerous violations.

That's great but for anyone who doesn't have your dedication to reading legal memos:  the OSC (independent, headed by a Trump appointee) concluded that Conway's violations are "egregious, notorious and ongoing," that she "has clear knowledge of the Hatch Act and yet continues to disregard the law" and that her conduct warrants her removal. Conclusion in part:
I appreciate the summary.  I was just now finishing reading over the report.  I would state that I believe your summary is representative of the tenor of the report I just read.  OSC seems discommoded, and rightfully so.

Ditkaless Wonders said:
I am fascinated at how toothless the OSC has been.  This is not her first investigation for violation and finding of violation.
Our whole checks and balances charade has blown apart with how toothless it really is. 

Godsbrother said:
Gotta love our "law and order president" 
He also thinks of himself as honest.

And, as expected here and as with emoluments thread...zero from the supporters.  Found something they know there is no real defense of?  No Obama to blame?

Look who she hangs out with. Bannon. Trump. Sanders. 

She only eats skinny people. Nice, lean protein. 
I will be watching for her diet book.  I'm guessing it will not make Oprah's book club but it should be on the Times best seller list in no time. 

I bet we could get some good recipe titles from the imaginations around here.

Just saw this on Twitter, not sure why it didn't occur to me before: Trump's defense of Conway (that she's exercising her First Amendment rights to make political speech at work) is exactly what he criticized football players for doing.

Obviously they're not exactly the same- silent protest is not nearly as political as lying about and insulting candidates for office, there's no rule (let alone a law) that tells the players they can't offer political speech at work, etc.  But the contrast is pretty incredible.

Just saw this on Twitter, not sure why it didn't occur to me before: Trump's defense of Conway (that she's exercising her First Amendment rights to make political speech at work) is exactly what he criticized football players for doing.

Obviously they're not exactly the same- silent protest is not nearly as political as lying about and insulting candidates for office, there's no rule (let alone a law) that tells the players they can't offer political speech at work, etc.  But the contrast is pretty incredible.
It think you're overlooking a pretty obvious difference.....

I assume you're referring to the fact that Conway is a woman and the football players are men. Trump has always been deferential and respectful when it comes to women who speak their mind.
That's probably it. As such, I'm sure Trump and his followers have taken no issue with Megan Rapinoe exercising her 1A rights while working as well.

Yeah, except that there’s no law against what the NFL players were doing. Oh, and there’s one other difference I was going to mention.  Can’t seem to remember.  Hmm. 

Supposedly, today is Kellyanne Conway’s last day in the trump administration.

What’s one word you would use to summarize what she did with her time while on the WH payroll?

Users who are viewing this thread