What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The woman nobody mentions anymore (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timschochet

Footballguy
Her name is Dr. Christine Blasey Ford. Since her testimony in October, in which several senators, the President of the United States, a future Supreme Court justice, and many political pundits called her a liar, she has received numerous death threats, which have yet to fully stop. She has been forced to move 4 different times, and has a security service attempting to guard her life. She has been unable to return to her job at the University of California because the threats have been so specific and it is unknown if she ever will. 

Ms. Ford was a private person; she was reluctant to come forward in the first place because she feared she would put her life (and sanity) in jeopardy,  and in the end it probably wouldn’t do any good anyhow. That’s exactly how it played out. 

There’s no particular reason for me to post this today. There’s no new story out there about Christine Ford. I was just thinking about it and it got me pissed off all over again. I hope the voters remember her next year. 

Yeah I deleted my post after rereading your OP. Hopefully she gets back to normal.
I don’t want her life bothered with. But I also don’t want us to forget her. Remember how often we heard from certain people here “she shouldn’t be allowed to make up a story and ruin a guy’s life!” As if she did it selfishly (see Don’t Noonan’s callous post in this very thread). Whose life has been ruined, exactly? What did Ford gain from her testimony? 

We all witnessed a shameful moment in American history. 

I don’t want her life bothered with. But I also don’t want us to forget her. Remember how often we heard from certain people here “she shouldn’t be allowed to make up a story and ruin a guy’s life!” As if she did it selfishly (see Don’t Noonan’s callous post in this very thread). Whose life has been ruined, exactly? What did Ford gain from her testimony? 

We all witnessed a shameful moment in American history. 
She gained doing the right thing. I think it’s incumbebt on liberal political activists to leave her alone too, hopefully they do rather than constantly pushing her out front as some kind of icon or so spokeswoman. Obviously totally different situation but Monica Lewinsky ended up on the good side of a bad situation but it took a long time.

Her name is Dr. Christine Blasey Ford. Since her testimony in October, in which several senators, the President of the United States, a future Supreme Court justice, and many political pundits called her a liar, she has received numerous death threats, which have yet to fully stop. She has been forced to move 4 different times, and has a security service attempting to guard her life. She has been unable to return to her job at the University of California because the threats have been so specific and it is unknown if she ever will. 

Ms. Ford was a private person; she was reluctant to come forward in the first place because she feared she would put her life (and sanity) in jeopardy,  and in the end it probably wouldn’t do any good anyhow. That’s exactly how it played out. 

There’s no particular reason for me to post this today. There’s no new story out there about Christine Ford. I was just thinking about it and it got me pissed off all over again. I hope the voters remember her next year. 
Yes, anyone making death threats should be handled severely.  That goes for Ford or anyone else too.  Are people suggesting otherwise?

This thread is jam-packed with Trump supporters who of course have been completely silent in the thread about Kellyanne Conway or in defense of Sarah Sanders today 🤔

If you're wondering why IMO it's because .... the cruelty is the point.

Excerpt from the article on Dr. Ford:

At a rally in Mississippi, a crowd of Trump supporters cheered as the president mocked Christine Blasey Ford, the psychology professor who has said that Brett Kavanaugh, whom Trump has nominated to a lifetime appointment on the Supreme Court, attempted to rape her when she was a teenager. “Lock her up!” they shouted.

Ford testified to the Senate, utilizing her professional expertise to describe the encounter, that one of the parts of the incident she remembered most was Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge laughing at her as Kavanaugh fumbled at her clothing. “Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter,” Ford said, referring to the part of the brain that processes emotion and memory, “the uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.” And then at Tuesday’s rally, the president made his supporters laugh at her.

Even those who believe that Ford fabricated her account, or was mistaken in its details, can see that the president’s mocking of her testimony renders all sexual-assault survivors collateral damage. Anyone afraid of coming forward, afraid that she would not be believed, can now look to the president to see her fears realized. Once malice is embraced as a virtue, it is impossible to contain.
It is mildly reassuring that only one poster here has directly gone after Ford herself in this thread, although mocking Tim for showing concern for her welfare and ganging up on other posters in this thread doesn't exactly disprove the thesis of the article. And of course it's only been an hour.

This thread is jam-packed with Trump supporters who of course have been completely silent in the thread about Kellyanne Conway or in defense of Sarah Sanders today 🤔

It is mildly reassuring that only one poster here has directly gone after Ford herself in this thread, although mocking Tim for showing concern for her welfare and ganging up on other posters in this thread doesn't exactly disprove the thesis of the article. And of course it's only been an hour.
Link?

Is there a requirement as to when and where we choose to post in?correct me if I’m mistaken 

I feel worse for what Kavanaugh had to go through.  People came out of the woodwork to accuse him of horrible acts just because they didn't want a conservative judge.  If Ford was in fact assaulted I hope they catch the perp for her sake.

Is there a requirement as to when and where we choose to post in?correct me if I’m mistaken 
Course not.  Is there a requirement that I refrain from pointing out where and when you choose to post?  Or that I refrain from pointing out how it fits a larger thesis of what makes people Trump supporters?

link

If you don't think suggesting that a women making a sexual assault accusation was lying for money is bad, I don't know what to tell you.
Maybe stop putting words in peoples mouths.   A post you have to read with a tone of sarcasm in order to draw your conclusion from is hardly "Directly" going after her.  Even at that by your own words it was  just a "suggestion".

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe stop putting words in peoples mouths.   A post you have to read with a tone of sarcasm in order to draw your conclusion from is hardly "Directly" going after her.
Puh-leeze. Saying that you hope a woman got paid very well to testify about being sexually assaulted and then  is not exactly a nuanced statement.

Puh-leeze. Saying that you hope a woman got paid very well to testify about being sexually assaulted and then  is not exactly a nuanced statement.
No more nuanced than your dramatized claims to support your FBG poster posting habit theories.  

...many political pundits called her a liar, she has received numerous death threats, which have yet to fully stop. She has been forced to move 4 different times, and has a security service attempting to guard her life. She has been unable to return to her job at the University of California because the threats have been so specific and it is unknown if she ever will. 
I think this is more the key rather than revisiting the past. I doubt any Republicans here want this kind of permanent retribution for Ford. 

Predictable responses in here from the sycophants.  It is absolutely brutal what this woman is going through and has gone through.

The only one who lied in that hearing was Kavanaugh.  Multiple times.  Devil's Triangle.  Laughably bad lie.

The frequency of false reports of sexual assault is <10% and is reported as low as 2% by several studies.  

Only someone blinded by hyper-partisanship or misogyny could watch Ford's testimony, review the facts (telling therapist about the assault years prior) and reasonably conclude that she was lying.  On the other side, Kavanaugh lied and lied and lied.

Cue the rolling the rolling smiley faces from Huey, Dewey and Louie.  
I can think of a number of other words I’d use. I don’t even think they think she was lying, they just don’t care one way or the other. Nasty nasty people, it’s just a fact of life there are terrible people in the world, we have a lot here who have found their safe space to troll. It continues to boggle my mind that so many here legitimize these guys and treat them like normal human beings.

Technically she received over $700k from GoFundMe.   
The money was to help with security costs related to the backlash. Equating this to saying she got paid to give testimony is like saying that someone who does a GoFundMe to pay for chemotherapy is getting paid to get cancer.

In any event I'm sure you'll be relieved to know that she gave all the money she didn't use for security to charity. 

She brought more light to the rape culture that still exists in our society. My daughter who graduated from FSU a couple of years ago says little has changed over the years. I think there has been progress, and Dr. Ford's willingness to testify is evidence of progress. And evidence that we have a long way to go. 

The money was to help with security costs related to the backlash. Equating this to saying she got paid to give testimony is like saying that someone who does a GoFundMe to pay for chemotherapy is getting paid to get cancer.

In any event I'm sure you'll be relieved to know that she gave all the money she didn't use for security to charity. 
Planned to donate money.....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/christine-blasey-ford-used-gofundme-money-to-pay-for-security-housing

Any article I found said she planned to donate after expenses, but nothing that she had donated.  Although she is  probably still paying for security.  
>>Ford said the money went for a home security system, a security service and housing while her family was “displaced.” She said at one point her family was able to stay “in a residence generously loaned to us.”

The leftover money will be donated to “organizations that support trauma survivors” – which are yet to be determined, Ford said.<<

Seems fine to me. Apparently according to Fox she had to leave her home.

I have no idea, but there is no proof she has donated.  I am willing to understand she will use it for security until she doesn’t need the money.  
OK.

I hope I never get to the point where I think so little of humanity that I wonder whether someone who has publicly pledged to make a charitable donation to help sexual assault victims has followed through. In my experience the list of people sleazy and awful enough to do that is one name long.

OK.

I hope I never get to the point where I think so little of humanity that I wonder whether someone who has publicly pledged to make a charitable donation to help sexual assault victims has followed through. In my experience the list of people sleazy and awful enough to do that is one name long.
Technically the Clinton Foundation covers more than one name, but I get your point.  

:thumbup:

Nobody mentions her anymore? I heard her name last night on the NBC evening news (interview with Anita Hill).

Implying she testified to make money...the many that insulted here and called her a liar and money grabber during the hearings?

You need more?  or an actual link because you really don't think those things happened?
I'd like a link to someone insulting her, like you said.  Because I'm pretty sure Joe and Co. wouldn't allow that.  Not someone forming an opinion whether she was telling the truth or not.  And since Joe and Co. wouldn't allow it they shouldn't allow people like you to spout off falsehoods about it to further your argument either because that is just as bad.

I don’t recall saying that.  Though, insulting someone for things they can control (like weight) is a bit different than insulting someone because she testified against someone Trump nominated.
How do you know she can control her weight?  Do you have access to her medical records?

What a gross comment about the size of a woman. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread