What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NHL Offseason Thread - Evander Gets Lightweight Suspension (1 Viewer)

A trade that sends Gudas away is a positive in my eyes.
I would have loved him in Toronto, especially with Philly retaining salary but with the Leafs cap situation it would have had to happen way later in the offseason once some other chips fall. 

Ingram must have crossed some line with a player or coach in Syracuse. Very odd and I'm curious to know rest of story.

@JoeSmithTB: Been a strange year for Connor Ingram, who went from AHL All Star to sent to ECHL, where he finished the year. If #tblightning does move on from top goalie prospect, with Pasquale signing in KHL, they’ll be in need of organizational depth in net https://theathletic.com/879236/2019/03/20/behind-the-mysterious-demotion-of-top-lightning-goalie-prospect-connor-ingram/

After the trade today,Charlie O'Connor of the Athletic points out-

At least on paper, the Flyers have just as many question marks on their defense now as they would if they had simply announced to the world that Gudas would be deployed as their 2019-20 veteran top-four option — and that path would have been $3.4 million cheaper.

@JSportsnet: Key NHL Dates:

June 15. 1st Buyout Period starts. 
June 19. Awards in Vegas 
June 19. BoG in Vegas
June 20. GMs Meeting in Vancouver 
June 21-22. Draft in Vancouver
June 23. UFA interviews begin
June 25. Full schedule release
June 26. RFA interviews begin
July 1. Free Agency

@NHL: The "Black Skate" is back! 🙌

Celebrating their 50th season in the League, the @Canucks are reintroducing these 🔥 jerseys courtesy of @adidashockey. https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1139557417182814208/photo/1
I wish every team (well, the ones that existed) went back to the classic jerseys of my childhood of the 70s and 80s. I would buy them all, except that would mean I would have to buy the Canadiens and Flyers. 😫

And yes, I do have the road white “Blue note”. Had it for years, gorgeous sweater. Not ashamed to say it.

Most people have Byram or Turcotte going to Chicago. Gets tough after that. 
A lot hinges on that one pick. Do the ‘Hawks take a defenseman they don’t really “need” right away, or a potential No. 1 C and local kid? And could they persuade Turcotte away from a year at Wisconsin?

Not that it would shake things up too much, since Byram, Turcotte and Dylan Cozens seem to be the consensus 3-5 in some order.

A lot hinges on that one pick. Do the ‘Hawks take a defenseman they don’t really “need” right away, or a potential No. 1 C and local kid? And could they persuade Turcotte away from a year at Wisconsin?

Not that it would shake things up too much, since Byram, Turcotte and Dylan Cozens seem to be the consensus 3-5 in some order.
And after the top 5 it sounds like a lot of forwards because assessments of the defensemen are all over the place.  

@EDCFilms99: With the EK deal, the #SJSharks will have about $13M in cap space to re-sign:

UFA: Pavelski, Thornton, others

RFA: Meier, Labanc, others

Looking at the Sharks capfriendly page they only have 7 forwards under contract. (Not counting RFA)

Looking at the Sharks capfriendly page they only have 7 forwards under contract. (Not counting RFA)
not sure how they are going to pull this off.

Kane/Couture/Hertl locked up, but after that they don't have much else (besides RFAs Meijer and Labanc) if they can't keep guys like Pavelski, Nyquist, and Donskoi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Montreal think they had a shot
Just rumours that Montreal and even Ottawa were potentials since he allegedly would have liked to be near Ottawa since that's where his wife is from.  or some #### like that. Clearly that wasn't too important after all. I doubt they had more than a fleeting chance.

I don't even love Karlsson and this is a huge risk I think for SJ given his injury troubles, but the Habs have no stars and lots of cap space. I don't think anyone really wants to go there. Likely due to the taxes and the pressure. So, we'll sign a few slugs for way more than they are worth (Alzner says :bye: ) instead

JaxBill said:
Ouch

@CapFriendly: #LAKings have bought out the final 2 years of Dion Phaneuf's contract.

As a result of the Retained Salary trade between the Kings & Sens on Feb 14, 2018 involving Phaneuf, the cap hit resulting from his buyout will be split between LA (75%) and OTT (25%)

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/dion-phaneuf#results https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1139971079013900289/photo/1
Had to do it.  They won't be competing any time soon anyway so get the money off the books and get some ice time for some kids. 

wow that's a huge contract. good for him.
Great for him, but like you said, I don't see how they make it work for the rest of the roster. Unless they know for sure Thornton isn't coming back.

Even so ... $13 million left for everyone else? Gotta think maybe Pavelski is gone too.

Great for him, but like you said, I don't see how they make it work for the rest of the roster. Unless they know for sure Thornton isn't coming back.

Even so ... $13 million left for everyone else? Gotta think maybe Pavelski is gone too.
You know where Pavelski would be good - the Colorado Avalanche. Just bringing him in would change the goal differential the Avs have by about 15+  goals. Dude has owned the Avs his entire career.

You know where Pavelski would be good - the Colorado Avalanche. Just bringing him in would change the goal differential the Avs have by about 15+  goals. Dude has owned the Avs his entire career.
Saw someone on Twitter ... Dater? ... mention him earlier today. The Avs certainly have a ton of space to spend on forwards and no real big names they need to pay other than Rantanen.

@davegisaac: Andrew MacDonald’s buyout has been processed. #Flyers have $33.8M in space (against an assumed $83M cap) according to @CapFriendly. 

They have to sign six RFAs (Provorov, Sanheim, Konecny, Laughton, Hartman & Bailey), Kevin Hayes and a backup goalie. Buckle up. Interesting week.

@EDCFilms99: With the EK deal, the #SJSharks will have about $13M in cap space to re-sign:

UFA: Pavelski, Thornton, others

RFA: Meier, Labanc, others
I was assuming Pavelski and Thornton wouldn't be back one way or another.   That Karlson signing should seal that up

Users who are viewing this thread