Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Northern Voice

2019 NHL Offseason Thread - Jake Gardiner going door to door handing out resumes

Recommended Posts

Meh. Depth / AHL signings

@NHLFlyers: OFFICIAL: The #Flyers have signed the following UFA’s:

• Andy Andreoff (two-year, one-way contract)
• Kurtis Gabriel (one-year, two-way contract)
• Nate Prosser (two-year, two-way contract) http://bit.ly/2NqYfxZ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the concept of the RFA and team salary control during those renewals has basically been blown out of the water. And then they start offering Anders Lee types 9M a year? So it's going to be the owners crying like babies when the new contract is up? NHL owners are insane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bill Brasky said:

Fenton gives Zuccarello full NMC and 10 team no trade in last two years.  jfc :lmao:

read they'll have to protect him at expansion as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ffldrew said:

read they'll have to protect him at expansion as well. 

yeah, you'd think the organization would have learned their lesson after being hamstrung by NMC for Pomminville, Suter, Parise, and Koivu in the last expansion draft which led to that awful trade to Buffalo and Tuch/Haula to Vegas in order to protect Dumba

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know the goalie situation in Calgary?  Mike Smith's gone to Edmonton.  Is it Rittich's to lose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

I did not see Wayne Simmonds getting $5 million (one year deal, Devils).

I'm surprised he took a one year deal.  he was expected to get a term deal around that range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

this is boring.  someone offer sheet someone.

there hasn't been a good ol fashion offer sheet since Chris Gratton and the fuzzy fax. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ryan_s_clark: Source tells The Athletic that the #Avs are "probably" done for the day. 

If so, here's their haul:

Joonas Donskoi: 4 yrs, $3.9M AAV
Colin Wilson: 1 yr, $2.6M AAV
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare: 2 yrs, $1.8M AAV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, chet said:

Anyone know the goalie situation in Calgary?  Mike Smith's gone to Edmonton.  Is it Rittich's to lose?

Cam Talbot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

@ryan_s_clark: Source tells The Athletic that the #Avs are "probably" done for the day. 

If so, here's their haul:

Joonas Donskoi: 4 yrs, $3.9M AAV
Colin Wilson: 1 yr, $2.6M AAV
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare: 2 yrs, $1.8M AAV

very underwhelming, but Donskoi is a nice get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, E Street Brat said:

there hasn't been a good ol fashion offer sheet since Chris Gratton and the fuzzy fax. 

 

 

 

 

Shea Weber was a monster offer sheet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

I did not see Wayne Simmonds getting $5 million (one year deal, Devils).

Was not too long ago us Flyer fans were fearing a 4/26 extension. (Even, godforbid, 6/40)

Edited by Billy Bats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently half the total amount would be paid in yr1. (Bonus + salary). 

Would cost a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Most on tsn feel Montreal didn't go high enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

What if Aho refuses that offer sheet?

:confused:  Assuming that the offer sheet means that Aho has already agreed to it in principle

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Foosball God said:

:confused:  Assuming that the offer sheet means that Aho has already agreed to it in principle

I saw conflicting info. Just saw verification that Aho did sign. So ball is in Canes court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, falguy said:

Apparently half the total amount would be paid in yr1. (Bonus + salary). 

Would cost a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Most on tsn feel Montreal didn't go high enough. 

This is the problem with dorking around your high profile player and letting another team negotiate for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

What if Aho refuses that offer sheet?

I don''t mean to pick on you, but I love this line of reasoning. Like the Habs just spend the last week negotiating with Aho, sent out a massive press release announcing the contract offer, and then realized that in all of their conversations with Aho's camp they forgot to ask if he was actually going to sign with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Inspiration said:

I don''t mean to pick on you, but I love this line of reasoning. Like the Habs just spend the last week negotiating with Aho, sent out a massive press release announcing the contract offer, and then realized that in all of their conversations with Aho's camp they forgot to ask if he was actually going to sign with them. 

Well the AAV was a million under what they (Ahos camp) were asking the Canes ....

And most people have the reaction that it's an auto match by Carolina and MTL really should have pushed the envelope more.

Edited by JaxBill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, falguy said:

Habs offer sheet for aho. 5yr 42.25m.

 

oh come on, they’re basically doing the Canes a favor at that price 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JaxBill said:

Well the AAV was a million under what they (Ahos camp) were asking the Canes ....

And most people have the reaction that it's an auto match by Carolina and MTL really should have pushed the envelope more.

Yeah, once it fell under the 4 1st round picks threshold it should be a pretty easy decision for Carolina.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

oh come on, they’re basically doing the Canes a favor at that price 

Probably helped them, especially in the long run. They’re hoping Car balks at the 21m hammer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SaraCivian: Waddell on offer sheet: "It's certainly a surprise, it's a surprise it wasn't more. Literally we got the email at 2:40 today so all people are not fully aware yet."

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SaraCivian: Waddell says he doesn't know if they'll use all seven days to match the offer sheet, signing right away allows the other team to sign more players and (smirks) "maybe I don't want to help them out right now"

 

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, falguy said:

Habs offer sheet for aho. 5yr 42.25m.

 

insta-match. that's not even aggressive. surprised Aho didn't command more.

:lmao:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

What if Aho refuses that offer sheet?

huh?

for it to be a legit offer sheet, the player has to accept it first. otherwise, it's just an offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

huh?

for it to be a legit offer sheet, the player has to accept it first. otherwise, it's just an offer.

Tell that to capfriendly- 

 

@CapFriendly: The Montreal #Canadiens have tendered an offer sheet to RFA Sebastian Aho of the Carolina Hurricanes at $8.454M x 5 years

If Aho accepts and the offer sheet isn't matched by the #Canes, the Canes will receive: 
2020 1st RD pick (MTL)
2020 2nd RD pick (MTL)
2020 3rd RD pick (MTL) https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1145765884117565440/photo/1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JaxBill said:

Tell that to capfriendly- 

 

@CapFriendly: The Montreal #Canadiens have tendered an offer sheet to RFA Sebastian Aho of the Carolina Hurricanes at $8.454M x 5 years

If Aho accepts and the offer sheet isn't matched by the #Canes, the Canes will receive: 
2020 1st RD pick (MTL)
2020 2nd RD pick (MTL)
2020 3rd RD pick (MTL) https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1145765884117565440/photo/1

oof

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Dimitri Filipovic‏Verified account @DimFilipovic 49m49 minutes ago

Oh no how can the Hurricanes afford to spend $21 million on a player next season, it’s not like their owner just lit $70 million on fire last year on a football league

 

 

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this Fenton dude is pretty odd.

"I told him when I was talking to him that he's like a lizard, the way a lizard takes his tongue and sticks it as far as it does and retrieves what it was trying to do." — GM Paul Fenton on @Zuccarello36

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

this Fenton dude is pretty odd.

"I told him when I was talking to him that he's like a lizard, the way a lizard takes his tongue and sticks it as far as it does and retrieves what it was trying to do." — GM Paul Fenton on @Zuccarello36

wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

wtf

I imagine him actually doing a thing with his tongue while he's saying it, to emphasize his point.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Isles sign Varlamov 4 years, Lehner goes to Chicago for only 1 year at $5mil.

He had 2 years from the isle at same money but wanted 5 years. Something is strange there IMO. Isles fans not happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

 Isles sign Varlamov 4 years, Lehner goes to Chicago for only 1 year at $5mil.

He had 2 years from the isle at same money but wanted 5 years. Something is strange there IMO. Isles fans not happy. 

pretty interesting stuff here. Varlamov older and gets 4 years from Lou. Wonder what his AAV is.

Crawford and Lehner both in contract years for Chicago now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

 Isles sign Varlamov 4 years, Lehner goes to Chicago for only 1 year at $5mil.

He had 2 years from the isle at same money but wanted 5 years. Something is strange there IMO. Isles fans not happy. 

pajama related imo.  can’t wait for Isles fans to throw stuff at the Masterton winner when he comes back to the island

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.